Premier League 2019/20

"Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is considering an audacious attempt to sign Manchester City defender John Stones, 25, on loan. (Sun)"

How Arsenal would that be? can you imagine a weaker Premier League centre back pairing than David Luiz and John Stones ?  Bernd Leno would be pooing himself every game with those two in front of him. 

On 13/01/2020 at 17:30, latemodelchild said:

Good question. I assume it's another 3 years worth of Failure payments for em. Proper unfair system. 

Think it's 2 years with 2nd year bit less. 3 years is if you are up for more than 1 season I think. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Think it's 2 years with 2nd year bit less. 3 years is if you are up for more than 1 season I think. 

That’s correct.....it’s 2 years of parachute payments if you immediately go back down after the first season.

Any relegated club that has just had at least 2 consecutive years in the top flight receives 3 years of parachute payments.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Ashley Young signing for Inter :duntmatter: best bit of transfer business United have done in years. 

Yet all their fans are losing their minds over it in Twitter.

Mental, he'd be first player out of door if I was Man Utd boss.

Actually, scratch that, 2nd. 1st would be Paul Pogba.

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Bet Bruce is really regretting leaving us lol 

I suspect not...

Tbf, he inherited a good squad at the Toon. 

Not the most talented team in the league by any stretch, but they've consistently put a shift in that lot since Rafa got hold of them a few years backs. 

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Burnley are like this era's Bolton...but slightly more boring and their players aren't as good. 

Yep, at least Bolton had the odd flair player worth watching. Seeing Burnley play at home, it just seems cold and uninspiring no matter what time of year it is, the camera angle at Turf Moor isn't great and they only seem to sing 1 droning song half heartedly. 

Like how you can often pick up the industrial comments from the locals though! lol 

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, at least Bolton had the odd flair player worth watching. Seeing Burnley play at home, it just seems cold and uninspiring no matter what time of year it is, the camera angle at Turf Moor isn't great and they only seem to sing 1 droning song half heartedly. 

Like how you can often pick up the industrial comments from the locals though! lol 

A bit like Bournemouth, they've got that look of a team who might go down this season. 

One of them certainly is, perhaps both. 

Show that for a lot of clubs their time in the Prem is very much finite. 

Both Dyche and Howe have done solid jobs at their respective clubs, but as an outsider looking in it looks like both could do with a fresh start. 

To think those two get linked with top jobs though. Not a chance that a Dyche or Howe could cut it at a truly top club imo. 

It's difficult to say whether or not Dyche or Howe could cut it at a "big" club.

They're probably doing at their respective clubs, what Raffa did at Newcastle, and look what he's achieved. 

Obviously  Raffa did the big jobs before Newcastle, but it shows that some Managers can Manage different circumstances.

Some just never get the chance.