Premier League 2019/20

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As much as Grealish is a nob, to be fair he hasn't played badly in this game. Trouble is they haven't had the ball enough to get it to him that much and when he has got it has has looked lively but has nothing at all to pass to. 

But don't you think he’s very one paced? He doesn’t press hard or track back. He just jogs about - and is never quicker than a jog, even with the ball.

Very gifted but not much use in a hard working side. Which why is I suspect he hasn't gone to a top, top, Club.

I’d rather have Mahrez.

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

But don't you think he’s very one paced? He doesn’t press hard or track back. He just jogs about - and is never quicker than a jog, even with the ball.

Very gifted but not much use in a hard working side. Which why is I suspect he hasn't gone to a top, top, Club.

I’d rather have Mahrez.

Mahrez is a more clinical and effective player without a doubt. Grealish does seem able to go past players even though he has no change of pace, I agree at times he looks like a luxury player which is not what they need in some games but he could be the difference in games against other struggling teams which might give them a chance of stopping up.

Villa were shocking today but City are capable of doing that to half the teams in the league if not more.  

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Mahrez is a more clinical and effective player without a doubt. Grealish does seem able to go past players even though he has no change of pace, I agree at times he looks like a luxury player which is not what they need in some games but he could be the difference in games against other struggling teams which might give them a chance of stopping up.

Villa were shocking today but City are capable of doing that to half the teams in the league if not more.  

If he played in a Mourinho side, Jose would blow a gasket. Rightly or wrongly.

The point being that many managers today, want even gifted players to work hard.

Grealish looks lazy to me - although I accept he is very, very gifted.

And, I think he chooses that (I.e - he could work harder).

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

If he played in a Mourinho side, Jose would blow a gasket. Rightly or wrongly.

The point being that many managers today, want even gifted players to work hard.

Grealish looks lazy to me - although I accept he is very, very gifted.

And, I think he chooses that (I.e - he could work harder).

Yeah, he is a good player, I'm not sure he is good enough for a top 6 side but if a better positioned club was to make a move for him then you're right, they would expect more work rate from him. 

11 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

So Aguero sets the record for the most Premier League hat tricks (12), but who's the highest scorer in Premier League history that never had one? 

Will give the answer in 10 minutes. 

Lampard?

edit: I think it’s Giggs

Edited by beswetherick

21 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

So Aguero sets the record for the most Premier League hat tricks (12), but who's the highest scorer in Premier League history that never had one? 

I know Andy Booth scored one so that's my guess gone.

47 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Assume you're only applying this to the Premier League matches

Answer has to be Ryan Giggs

Only member of the 100+ club not to have one

Edited by katie melua

54 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Will give the answer in 10 minutes

Fergie time? 

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Norwich 

Villa

Bournemouth

Welcome back to the Championship.

Not looking good for any of them. 

Reckon Norwich are absolute certs and Bournemouth have that haunted (we are fooked) look about them this season. 

As for Villa...they may, may just stop up, but it will be a last day job. 

The likes of Brighton, Burnley, Watford and West Ham still have plenty to do. 

4 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Hate to say this but the plight of Villa and Norwich shows what a good job Wilder is doing.

Don’t worry that’s a fair point, what is worrying is piggy face could be taking them to exciting places. 

We really need to get promoted soon and hopefully Monk is our special one long term. 

Villa have done the same as Fulham last season.

Spent a lot of money, well over 100 million, mainly on second rate foreign players.

You get neither top rate ability nor full on commitment.

Norwich have stuck with the same players but play too open and too many of the players not premier quality.

Pigs play the same trusted system , got hard working players and despite all the bull talked about their “ expansive system “ this season it is mainly focused on not conceding and scoring from set pieces. They are very well organised, especially defensively, don’t get injuries so have great continuity in selection .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Villa have done the same as Fulham last season.

Spent a lot of money, well over 100 million, mainly on second rate foreign players.

You get neither top rate ability nor full on commitment.

Norwich have stuck with the same players but play too open and too many of the players not premier quality.

Pigs play the same trusted system , got hard working players and despite all the bull talked about their “ expansive system “ this season it is mainly focused on not conceding and scoring from set pieces. They are very well organised, especially defensively, don’t get injuries so have great continuity in selection .

I always hope that if we ever got back to the old PL that we would focus more on younger British or foreign players with that potential to improve or to resell  if the worst happened.

Of course you can’t ever predict who will be a success but signing players from under 21 squads might be better than 28+ year olds who may not have the motivation or desire to learn