Premier League 2019/20

1 minute ago, Burnsie said:

Kevin is a bit good at football

Imho, he is the best footballer in the league. 

Have been fortunate enough to see him in the flesh a few times and it is even more impressive. 

The blokes vision is unreal. He spots things which at ground level, I'm not entirely sure how he does it. Then you combine it with his ability and technique. 

Unreal player. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Imho, he is the best footballer in the league. 

Have been fortunate enough to see him in the flesh a few times and it is even more impressive. 

The blokes vision is unreal. He spots things which at ground level, I'm not entirely sure how he does it. Then you combine it with his ability and technique. 

Unreal player. 

Correct 3 times he's looked across to see where Jesus was then knocks a 30 yard cross in like that, unreal player

1 minute ago, Justbeanz said:

Hate to say this but the plight of Villa and Norwich shows what a good job Wilder is doing.

He's made them defensively solid.

Dem Blades play the percentages.

They know when to turn it on and when to take a step back and be solid.

Farke and Smith are welded to their philosophy and trying to play football. They are both far too open. 

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

That keeper is shocking. Is it Villa that have signed Reina? 

Not sure they have signed him yet, he is in the stands watching & might think twice about joining them on this showing! 

23 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

If Danny Drinkwater lasts the 90 minutes I will eat my hat.

He looks pissed up

Given he couldn't get a game on loan at Burnley for 5 months it is a bit strange that Villa have stuck him straight in the starting 11 for this game. Looks like he has won a competition to play. If he comes out for the second half I'll be shocked.

There is something quite amusing/painful watching a team constantly trying to play it around the back when they are nowhere near good enough to do it. 

Calling it now: 

I think Dean Smith might find himself out of a job. 

With the amount Villa have spent, got to think relegation would be a catastrophe. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

There is something quite amusing/painful watching a team constantly trying to play it around the back when they are nowhere near good enough to do it. 

Calling it now: 

I think Dean Smith might find himself out of a job. 

With the amount Villa have spent, got to think relegation would be a catastrophe. 

He has got that beleaguered look that I remember him having all too often when he was our captain.

Why didn't he change it at half-time, why have they not made a change yet? I know it won't change the result but this lot are embarrassing themselves without City having to go through the gears.

Seeing all those Villa fans storm off before half time. 

Think part of the problem there is that some of their fans still think Villa are a top club, when the fact is they're a team who just got promoted back to the PL. 

Historically, fanbase etc, Aston Villa are a huge club. One of the best grounds in the country and a history which most would kill for...but at the moment they have a top end Championship team trying to compete in the PL and it is showing. 

I actually fear for anyone having to play City for the rest of this season. Yes, the title is gone, but City will now just turn up and play, without the pressure. They'll finish second and get themselves prepared for next season. A nightmare to face. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He has got that beleaguered look that I remember him having all too often when he was our captain.

Why didn't he change it at half-time, why have they not made a change yet? I know it won't change the result but this lot are embarrassing themselves without City having to go through the gears.

From what I can tell (Twitter), a lot of Villa fans don't rate him as a tactician. 

They try and play nice football, but once you get past that, there isn't much going on. 

It is all very well having a philosophy...but at times you've got to show a willingness to change. 

Heck, Jurgen Klopp changed his philosophy when he realised that the "rock and roll" football wasn't sustainable over a full PL season. If he's having to reassess, then surely those way beneath him have to rethink occasionally too? 

As much as Grealish is a nob, to be fair he hasn't played badly in this game. Trouble is they haven't had the ball enough to get it to him that much and when he has got it has has looked lively but has nothing at all to pass to. 

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

I want Wednesday to be in the PL next season, but won’t look forward to the hiding that Villa are getting today!

Yeah. 

Would love to get back to the so-called promised land...but it is quite depressing how the thrill of promotion can so quickly evaporate into this. 

The scary bit about Villa, is they spent a small fortune this summer and yet they are still looking very much like a Championship team.