Premier League 2019/20

10 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

de gea is horrific atm and has been for a while. As for bissaka and especially Maguire I will state again what i said when they spunked all  that money, if your going to throw around that ridiculous big money for bang average players your going to get bang average results 

I think Wan Bissaka is the real deal, his stats back up that he is a proper defender as well as a threat going forward. 

Harry Maguire went for so much purely because England got to the semi finals of the World Cup. When he had to defend in that tournament against Belgium and Croatia, he was bang average..because he is bang average. 

Fact is, that Man Utd team could be in 2nd place if they were managed right, motivated and organised ( same could be said for Spurs , Chelsea and Arsenal to be fair) . They can, however, look forward to mid table this season when you have a weak manager like Solksjaer defending the poisonous Pogba ,who's awful mercenary attitude to the game must be such a disruptive influence in that club.   

20 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs all hopeless this season.

Can't argue with that, the lack of consistency outside the top 3 is as poor as it has been for a long time. After 20 games last season 4th place had 43 points and a far from in-form Man Utd were 6th with 35. 21 games played now, 4th place has 36 points and an even worse than last season Man Utd are somehow 5th with just 31 points.

Boring this year really....interesting 

If Guardiola will get bored and leave

How long OGS will cling onto his job

Whether Mourinho will win a trophy

Who will go down...the most interesting thing. looks like Norwich and hoping for Villa and Newcastle

Just now, 0wl18 said:

What an absolute mess the game is in at the minute. 

That West Ham goal is an embarrassment. How on earth can that be given as handball, I know the rule etc etc but, he knows absolutely nothing about it. 

United player at point blank range heads it against him , ridiculous

Just now, 442 said:

What a shambles.

Surely we can’t keep VAR past this season? 

VAR isn’t really the problem, it’s the absolute buffoons making these pathetic rule changes. How many controversial hand balls do you see? Not all that many. Now there’s one every other week.

29 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

VAR isn’t really the problem, it’s the absolute buffoons making these pathetic rule changes. How many controversial hand balls do you see? Not all that many. Now there’s one every other week.

Nah sorry mate it’s the whole problem.

If I was a youngun now just getting into football the appeal wouldn’t be there. 

Its killed the spontaneity of the game.

30 minutes ago, 442 said:

Working with young (teenage) kids now the appeal is often not what we all fell in love with the game for anyway. They all seem to know who gets paid what, who has who for a wife.... it’s genuinely pretty sad.

1 hour ago, 442 said:

Couldn’t be arsed every week celebrating a goal and it being disallowed for these stupid handballs. It’s just sucking the fun out of it. 

Needs sacking off for next season 

33 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Saints beating Leicester, bit of a shock. Before the match Leicester where showing the goals on the big screens from the 9 goal hammering earlier in the season. Surely that just fired the saints players up even more! 

Bit of a d!ck move from Leicester. 

Tbf, I had a sneaky suspicion for Saints today. 

Have been quietly climbing the table.