A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

2 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

F*cking pigs have to be the luckiest club in existence. Now they're all talking about next season's Europa League FFS. Get them down ASAP I can't cope

They're certainly fortunate in their management.

Mind you, as with all things the sword has too edges.

I mean, if Wilder does an outstanding job at the Lane with a group of players which shouldn't really be doing so well, as happened last season, then it's only a matter of time before the big guns come sniffing.

He remained the invisible man in the Championship, but that won't be the case now.

Once he does the Shoreham Shuffle then United's problems will begin, in spades.

21 minutes ago, Gib said:

One of the only things that I thought was poor about the Blades was their record signing.  Meant to be some brute up front but was getting knocked over all over the place.  Think I’d have spent the £20m somewhere else.

Last season they were getting fouls for getting blown over. Noticed the stats said by the end if 1st half they'd been given 3 free kicks

Edited by darra

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I mean, if Wilder does an outstanding job at the Lane with a group of players which shouldn't really be doing so well, as happened last season, then it's only a matter of time before the big guns come sniffing.

He remained the invisible man in the Championship, but that won't be the case now.

Or in the case of the Poundland Prince taking over the Sty if he wins the legal battle,then it will be in the number of Bogrolls.lol

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I don't get this

Who are "the big guns"?

Newcastle maybe?

Palace?

He'll never get one of the genuine top jobs - such as Utd, Liverpool etc - he's already in the premier so nearly all other moves would be sideways - if the pigs get relegated then his stock automatically starts to fall and he becomes less coveted

His best hope is to move to a bigger club a few rungs up the ladder - such as newcastle - but he won't be wanted further up and it's even doubtful whether somebody like Toon dare take another punt if the Bruce experiment fails

4 hours ago, scram said:

Hodgson won't last long at this rate

Palace have been woeful - i can't even see what they trying to do

Pigs are decent but there is no denying just how rubbish Palace are - i fear for them if they stumble along like this for much longer. Last season they played their get out of jail card - they need to learn

Fast

They're an adequate replacement for Stoke City. Scrap for everything, pick up odd points and not very pleasing to the eye. Jamie Vardy has promised me he's going to wear a WAWAW T-shirt when he scores at the Lane.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, scram said:

I don't get this

Who are "the big guns"?

Newcastle maybe?

Palace?

He'll never get one of the genuine top jobs - such as Utd, Liverpool etc - he's already in the premier so nearly all other moves would be sideways - if the pigs get relegated then his stock automatically starts to fall and he becomes less coveted

His best hope is to move to a bigger club a few rungs up the ladder - such as newcastle - but he won't be wanted further up and it's even doubtful whether somebody like Toon dare take another punt if the Bruce experiment fails

If that scenario came to pass there would be only two options for Ashley. One is God and the other a very close relative, Lucifer he of the 666. 

1 hour ago, scram said:

I don't get this

Who are "the big guns"?

Newcastle maybe?

Palace?

I agree. If there was any demand for Wilder type managers by top end clubs, both Bournemouth and Burnley would have lost their managers a while ago and so unless they crash and burn or he has a fallout with their owners I can’t see Wilder going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately.  It’d be interesting to see how the aforementioned would get on at bigger clubs, I personally think they’d do a better jobs than most of the imported coaches if given a chance.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Since the start of the 2016-17 season, Chris Wilder has won 77 league matches  - only Pep Guardiola, with 88 victories, has won more in that time among managers in England's top four divisions.

Thats a meanigless stat though isn't it

His record cannot be compared to Klopp or Poch for eg - even if he has won more matches

7 minutes ago, scram said:

Thats a meanigless stat though isn't it

His record cannot be compared to Klopp or Poch for eg - even if he has won more matches

Many games where they were the 'biggest' team in the 3rd division .

Mind, much as I think he's a humourless dobber,  it's a decent points haul.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Many games where they were the 'biggest' team in the 3rd division .

Mind, much as I think he's a humourless dobber,  it's a decent points haul.

Yes it is 

I do think way too much is made of his record prior to joining the pigs though

Looks liek they have struck lucky because i don't think his record suggested they had appointed this gem of a manager that was sweeping away all before him

Can't argue with his record at the pigs though - or the way they play

Credit where it's due

18 minutes ago, scram said:

Yes it is 

Looks liek they have struck lucky because i don't think his record suggested they had appointed this gem of a manager that was sweeping away all before him

Can't argue with his record at the pigs though - or the way they play

Credit where it's due

I may have misinterpreted this but it sounds like you're saying they were lucky? He did a magnificent job at Northampton Town. 

Northampton were bottom of the fourth division and heading for the Conference when he took over after the disaster that was Aidy Boothroyd. For a side with no confidence and heading towards relegation, he somehow kept them up - only losing three games from February. It was a fantastic achievement

Then he did a rebuild getting them comfortably mid-table in his first full season with them. The next season, they won the league with 99 points. That's what got him noticed by United, his rebuilding job in turning Northampton in 2 and a half seasons from a side heading towards the conference to a third division side. 

People may go on about his record with that lot, but the job he did at Northampton was what made him. He may have got Oxford United out of the conference but never really pushed on, hence taking a huge gamble in the Northampton job. I think Oxford were in the play off positions when he resigned to take over Northampton in February of that season

Edited by katie melua

On 10/08/2019 at 12:36, darra said:

Looking on Twitter yesterday seems quite a few have them coming bottom. A few others around 17th. Not all local tweets either good spread from around england.

I didn't realise it was Twitter who decided relegation issues. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

48 minutes ago, scram said:

Yes it is 

Can't argue with his record at the pigs though - or the way they play (BFR used to call it scramble football. He would deploy it when things weren't going so well)

Credit where it's due

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Let's hope so. Sick of hearing about the f*ckers. I felt sorry for them after so long in League One, wish I'd laughed in their faces now. 

Not surprised they won today, Palace are garbage if you manage to shut down Zaha.

Hodgson got his tactics badly wrong but he won't be the only one this season, Wilder's system will catch a lot of teams out in the early running. Suspect it'll take til Christmas before teams start to work it out, by which point I've got a nasty feeling the Blunts will be a long way towards staying up.

Sticking with my prediction of Norwich, Newcastle and Palace to go down unfortunately.

11 hours ago, scram said:

I don't get this

Who are "the big guns"?

Newcastle maybe?

Palace?

Yes, I don't see any of that top mini-league being interested by him.

But I could see a club like, say, Villa or Everton taking a punt.

A middle-ranking PL team.

Everton were interested in Dyche, for instance, in the past.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, I don't see any of that top mini-league being interested by him.

But I could see a club like, say, Villa or Everton taking a punt.

A middle-ranking PL team.

Everton were interested in Dyche, for instance, in the past.

Strange folk these football chairmen 

Wilder or Lampard......its a tricky one 

Brainless