New Manager

Just now, Doug Owlett said:

I think he was referring to elev8 but you're right though.

Chansiri's reign isn't just elev8 though is it.

He can say what he wants but fact remains it was late once.

Not only that, final away kit under Milan wasn't even announced until the first day of the 14/15 season! Late kits isn't a stick to beat Chansiri with IMO when it happened under Allen and Milan here and at countless clubs across England.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

The likes of him or GVB will take a lot more convincing and negotiating with then the others will as we have to sell the job to them. Make them an offer they cant turn down.

Perhaps we had to wait till we was out of an embargo first. So we know what we can offer them financially. 

Perhaps we have arranged a deal with Hughton already but are now trying to negotiate with Brighton to let him manage us now as he could still be on gardening leave with them.

Who knows. 

But the fact it isnt already done tells me we haven't found the right guy yet or we have and are waiting for him to become available to us.

Lets be honest chances of GVB coming where slim anyway and more of a fantasy. Houghton on the other hand is an English manager who has had success with other clubs of a similar size in this league...it’s not like we are trying to convince mourinho or pep guardiola into coming.

Im happy going into the first game with Bullen in charge. Would he be my long term choice, no! However he does provide us with some much needed stability at this stage of the season. 

In the normal course of things you would expect the club to have a plan ready in case the manager left. In this case everyone was basking in the glow of satisfaction of being satisfied and happy with the last manager. I'm not too surprised we were caught off guard.

I hope we pick the right manager and hope that as soon as he walks through the door the club starts planning for his ultimate replacement.

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Lets be honest chances of GVB coming where slim anyway and more of a fantasy. Houghton on the other hand is an English manager who has had success with other clubs of a similar size in this league...it’s not like we are trying to convince mourinho or pep guardiola into coming.

Im happy going into the first game with Bullen in charge. Would he be my long term choice, no! However he does provide us with some much needed stability at this stage of the season. 

No but he has just experienced a few seasons as a premier league manager and probably thinks that's where he should be. 

If we a telling him he isnt getting the sort of money Bruce was on and we have no money for him to spend it's not very appealing is it. 

Perhaps he needs us to prove we can match his needs.

4 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Chansiri's reign isn't just elev8 though is it.

He can say what he wants but fact remains it was late once.

Not only that, final away kit under Milan wasn't even announced until the first day of the 14/15 season! Late kits isn't a stick to beat Chansiri with IMO when it happened under Allen and Milan here and at countless clubs across England.

I'm agreeing with you, it was my perception that his dig at DC about late kit is because he owns elev8. You are correct late kit is commonplace across all football clubs, no exception.

Derby going Dutch shows the usual UK suspects for Championship management are failures or has beens, Pulis et al.

Looking left field, surely our former full backs Roland and Dan deserve consideration.

Also, just heard some surprising in - depth interviews on 5 Live footy podcast about John Terry's coaching prowess.

Wonder if he could be tempted come and do a Lampard with us. Can't imagine he wants to play 2nd fiddle for long.   

7 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Derby going Dutch shows the usual UK suspects for Championship management are failures or has beens, Pulis et al.

Looking left field, surely our former full backs Roland and Dan deserve consideration.

Also, just heard some surprising in - depth interviews on 5 Live footy podcast about John Terry's coaching prowess.

Wonder if he could be tempted come and do a Lampard with us. Can't imagine he wants to play 2nd fiddle for long.   

Did Lampard actually achieve anything spectacular at FLDC?

I've sussed out what the wait is.... its the Rooney Rule and catch 22

According to the F.A rules we need to interview one ethinic-minority for the job before we can employ anyone.  But, according to magical minds of the F.A we support racism (Apparently! Based on fornicate all evidence - I mean what's evidence ever had to do with anything anyways) therefore we cannot find anyone to interview...... 

*Discalimer. There is no evidence of this I just totally made it up.