New Manager

14 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The point is DC is hands on in everything he does. He makes the decision when he wants, in his timeframe not when Daz from Parsons Cross thinks it should be. 

I think the breach of trust from Bruce will have hit him and he will want to be absolutely sure of that with the next appointment.

And credit to him if he has put his family first for a week or so. 

This, completely. 

I respected him for giving the rat Bruce time out for family reasons, I respect him also for putting his family first. 

Nothing whatsoever has happened in our season to warrant such criticism. We may well go on to win the first few games manager less and then appoint somebody of quality. 

The Chansiri bashing is wearing a bit thin now. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The point is DC is hands on in everything he does. He makes the decision when he wants, in his timeframe not when Daz from Parsons Cross thinks it should be. 

I think the breach of trust from Bruce will have hit him and he will want to be absolutely sure of that with the next appointment.

And credit to him if he has put his family first for a week or so. 

I agree with the majority of what you have said.

People keep banging on about stability for the club etc... and we need a manager but what is more stable Lee Bullen? It gives us clarity on the situation and also gives us a steady platform to start the season. 

Time will tell but non of this is DC’s fault. 

6 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

Always amazes me how long it takes to employ a new Manager.

It just drags on and on (why ?).

Surely it doesn't take long to interview your applicants (holidays prevailing I know).

Then you offer them x amount of money to be the manager and y transfer kitty. It's simple.

If we've had 100+ applicants why the hell does it take so long. Surely it could be done in a week, like employment in we all work in ?....

Only drags on and on here

1 hour ago, TrueOwl said:

Say we appoint Hughton who takes the job begrudgingly for now and then an offer from the prem comes in in 3 months time, what then? We pick up another check and we go again!

Cant deal with what may happen, need to deal with today

If wed of had Dave Allen or MM the appointment would have been made within a week because they would be giving it absolutely no money and usual suspects would get it, I think DC has learned that the manager is the most important piece and taking his time and money to find him

Edited by keepitsteel89

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Why does it take time for the like of houghton? His current situation is the exact same as Coleman and zola!! It’s the same process surely. We just drag our heels.

Any other club would have had someone in the day after Bruce left, you see it on a regular basis!! We are the only professional club starting the season without a permanent manager. 

The likes of him or GVB will take a lot more convincing and negotiating with then the others will as we have to sell the job to them. Make them an offer they cant turn down.

Perhaps we had to wait till we was out of an embargo first. So we know what we can offer them financially. 

Perhaps we have arranged a deal with Hughton already but are now trying to negotiate with Brighton to let him manage us now as he could still be on gardening leave with them.

Who knows. 

But the fact it isnt already done tells me we haven't found the right guy yet or we have and are waiting for him to become available to us.

2 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

Say we appoint Hughton who takes the job begrudgingly for now and then an offer from the prem comes in in 3 months time, what then? We pick up another check and we go again!

Cheque or chick sounds better to me. Money or women oh yeahhh (ps can't have both as women spend all your feckin money) 

I predict we can make 15 million in manager transfers this season. 

2 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

Are you suggesting we might be better at transferring managers than players?

1 hour ago, keepitsteel89 said:

If wed of had Dave Allen or MM the appointment would have been made within a week because they would be giving it absolutely no money and usual suspects would get it, I think DC has learned that the manager is the most important piece and taking his time and money to find him

My grandad's old saying which I stll use in business today: "Tha' can 'ave it quick, tha' can 'ave it reight.... but tha' can't 'ave both"

8 hours ago, james o connor said:

Considering this is the first time I’m chansiris reign we’ve had a replica shirt for the season start , are you really suprised? 

Thats simply not true. They were out well before the start of the season last year. We had major problems one season, which although was disappointing, was fully explained. All you do is bash Chansiri.

Sometimes I think people like you would be happier going back to the days when we were lucky to see 3 bosmans & a loan come in & we were happy to finish 15th. 

Chansiri has made plenty of mistakes, it cannot be denied & I'm sure he holds his hands up to that, BUT the guy has spent a fortune on trying to deliver us success. Something we never thought would happen, we've got to 2 playoffs in 5 years, 2 more than we managed im the 19 years before he arrived. 

Our ambitions have completely transformed, and thats down to him and his financial commitment to us, people would do well to remember it, even if they don't appreciate it.

25 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

Thats simply not true. They were out well before the start of the season last year. We had major problems one season, which although was disappointing, was fully explained. All you do is bash Chansiri.

Sometimes I think people like you would be happier going back to the days when we were lucky to see 3 bosmans & a loan come in & we were happy to finish 15th. 

Chansiri has made plenty of mistakes, it cannot be denied & I'm sure he holds his hands up to that, BUT the guy has spent a fortune on trying to deliver us success. Something we never thought would happen, we've got to 2 playoffs in 5 years, 2 more than we managed im the 19 years before he arrived. 

Our ambitions have completely transformed, and thats down to him and his financial commitment to us, people would do well to remember it, even if they don't appreciate it.

Not really we are maid table just like pre chansiri . I’m well aware he’s not all bad etc etc and to his credit he does seem to be learning . To say we are lucky is a tad over exaggerated though 

9 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

Always amazes me how long it takes to employ a new Manager.

It just drags on and on (why ?).

Surely it doesn't take long to interview your applicants (holidays prevailing I know).

Then you offer them x amount of money to be the manager and y transfer kitty. It's simple.

If we've had 100+ applicants why the hell does it take so long. Surely it could be done in a week, like employment in we all work in ?....

Id rather DC takes his time to appoint a quality manager if it means we avoid the crap like Pulis , Megson and Coleman. 

9 hours ago, james o connor said:

Considering this is the first time I’m chansiris reign we’ve had a replica shirt for the season start , are you really suprised? 

3 hours ago, Doug Owlett said:

2nd time actually

Kit has been released before start of the season in all but one year in Chansiris reign.

55 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

My grandad's old saying which I stll use in business today: "Tha' can 'ave it quick, tha' can 'ave it reight.... but tha' can't 'ave both"

Sounds like a wise gentleman.

I only hope that that's the case and tbh I think it is but time will tell.