BREAKING NEWS - Embargo Lifted.

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

correct ,look at the accounts and there looks a big hole which needs to be sorted by end of this month otherwise it wont be a soft embargo next summer we will be deducted points and have a embargo/transfer ban. the daft thing is from aug 1st we are rich again and can splash the cash as we are in a new account period where the profit year comes into the 3 year cycle of accounts. 

No it’s a rolling 3 year cycle we will still be in trouble next year  

29 minutes ago, Itchy said:

No it’s a rolling 3 year cycle we will still be in trouble next year  

It is but the near 3 million profit will be in the cycle for next 3 years , its next few days what will decide if we face full embargo and certain points deduction next summer. From aug 1st expect 3 million hector and a couple of other signings so its not all doom and gloom. Lets get a manager announced so pundits dont have us down to finish 22nd .

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I guess without a manager it won’t be the case but I wonder if the club have deals lined up that can be completed now we are out of the embargo. 

New signing or maybe 2 arriving thurs or fri next week. Joao will be going by july 31st , how much I'm guessing 7 million

Guest mkowl
20 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

It is but the near 3 million profit will be in the cycle for next 3 years , its next few days what will decide if we face full embargo and certain points deduction next summer. From aug 1st expect 3 million hector and a couple of other signings so its not all doom and gloom. Lets get a manager announced so pundits dont have us down to finish 22nd .

If we make a 20m loss in the year to 31st July 2019 it will be close on the 3 year rolling.

Plus don't forget this is a one season test as well as the 3 year rolling one that can impact for FFP and being reviewed by EFL 

And that means sending forecasts for the forthcoming season

I simply don't see any of this as a green light to go mad - running as we are takes us ruddy close to the limits 

The lifting of the embargo gives us more flexibility within the budget

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Only us eh?

any other time, this would happen and everything else drops into place behind it..No manager..

Its like a f.ookin' recipe...

Scrambled eggs....

Butter

Salt

milk...

No f.ookin' eggs..... bast*rd!

Its like them old Haynes manuals where they gave you an idiots walk through when you were doin' the brakes on your Cortina...

You would get 3/4 of the way through the f.ooker..pads , discs an' retainin' pins all over the soddin' drive..then it would say

"Now taking the special tool"

There you stand wiv an'  'ammer and a pair of f.ookin' plyers!

Been there, done that. Can't remember where I put the T-shirt.

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

If we make a 20m loss in the year to 31st July 2019 it will be close on the 3 year rolling.

Plus don't forget this is a one season test as well as the 3 year rolling one that can impact for FFP and being reviewed by EFL 

I simply don't see any of this as a green light to go mad - running as we are takes us ruddy close to the limits 

Need to sell a couple desperately. 

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

We should have a few contracts expiring at the end of the season. Maybe more dead wood out the door. I can't remember who's contracts are up though.

I'd like to see how the 'loss' for last year was calculated, I wonder if we 'kitchen sinked' a few player valuations to make things look better going forward.

Guest mkowl
Just now, prowl said:

We should have a few contracts expiring at the end of the season. Maybe more dead wood out the door. I can't remember who's contracts are up though.

I'd like to see how the 'loss' for last year was calculated, I wonder if we 'kitchen sinked' a few player valuations to make things look better going forward.

Yep I think our wage costs going forward will have dropped from 1st July 

So I think there is some leeway remembering the cost of any players bought is spread over the length of their contract 

Guess accounting wise you can only kitchen sink a player if his leg fell off. So yep about half ours !

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yep I think our wage costs going forward will have dropped from 1st July 

So I think there is some leeway remembering the cost of any players bought is spread over the length of their contract 

Guess accounting wise you can only kitchen sink a player if his leg fell off. So yep about half ours !

If you have a player bought for £8M on a 4 year contract it's amortised at £2M per year. If his value drops dramatically  because he's had a few injuries or his form is really bad I would have thought it should be possible to write down his value.

You are saying that isn't possible?

I can understand that if that is your view because you would then be able to do the same for someone you thought had gone up in value. I suppose that could create some opportunity for cooking the figures some what.

53 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

We lose 20 million a year.  We’re probably over the 13million limit already. 

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

If you have a player bought for £8M on a 4 year contract it's amortised at £2M per year. If his value drops dramatically  because he's had a few injuries or his form is really bad I would have thought it should be possible to write down his value.

I can understand that if that is your view because you would then be able to do the same for someone you thought had gone up in value. I suppose that could create some opportunity for cooking the figures some what.

£8m still left the bank account though, the figures have to balance don't they? 

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Injuries you probably could, if their re-sale was Nil or substantially reduced halfway through their contract. So Abdi most definitely 

Loss of form is judgemental and could reverse.

Interesting one never seen how this is done in a practical sense for a football club and how it is discussed with the auditors

Guest mkowl

You can in theory re-value player contract upwards but it would not go through the profit and loss account so ineffective for FFP

Not sure clubs ever do this 

56 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'd be mildly concerned if we started spending like crazy. 

I very much doubt we will. 

Agree, we need to recruit the right manager first and foremost and for this season, Hector and 2 to 3 loans in and preferably a couple out. Time to balance the books.