BREAKING NEWS - Embargo Lifted.

37 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Can we guarantee promotion with a free spending philosophy ?

Can we attain promotion over a three year cycle within a £39 million loss over three year period ?

I would argue that the answer to both scenarios is a big fat no. Never the less where we are is comfortable, competitive and enjoyable with a couple of shrewd purchases added to 2 or 3 well researched loans and a decent manager we could get there or there abouts with that little bit of luck. 

Enjoy the season fingers crossed. WAWAW

And at least this time, we're signing players in their mid twenties, not 5 years older.  

Just now, Royal_D said:

Great news 

still doubt we’ll see much money been spent until we move a couple out 

I suspect the only savings we'll have made will be on those players' wages that have been released. We just don't seem to sell players. Maybe the next manager will be on less than Bruce but in reality I don't think we've got much wriggle room to spend.  A couple of loans and maybe that's it. 

Whicher way you look at it we go with what we have now for pretty much the first month (unless hector joins).

Hopefully a couple of strong loans in and a couple of player's moving out but the main positive from this is that it may trigger a manager into accepting the role.