What are we chasing legally?

48 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

It’s not as black and white( pardon the pun) as most people on here seem to think it is. 

Nobody knows if it's black and white or some shade of purple. All we get is comments from different sources which may be accurate or not. We just don't know.

All we have is our perceived knowledge of the parties involved. Bruce is a turncoat and jumps ship when he wants, Ashley has a reputation that suggests he's as shifty as shifty the poo house rat. DC has a reputation of being very honorable but pedantic and easily offended.

Edited by prowl

10 hours ago, REDOWL said:

Football League World article tonight adds to the mix. 

Link for those interested.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fresh-details-in-sheffield-wednesday-managerial-saga-revealed/

That has obviously come directly from Bruce. It would be interesting to hear the other side before deciding the rights and wrongs of the situation. That's the bit we won't know until it ends up in court because the club aren't saying anything.

Bruce himself said on Thursday, “I can understand the disappointment,” he added. I enjoyed the three or four, five months I worked there, but I'd like to put it out there that a manager's contract can be terminated [if clauses are met].

This implies to me they were met.

No one knows whether the compo was defined in the contract or whether it's just a 'principle' agreement based on Wednesday's acceptance to allow SB to speak to NUFC two weeks ago with a view to him leaving providing he adhered to the release clauses in his contract, which he implies he did.

My read of it is that Ashley has paid compo for Bruce but compo was not agreed for the other two Steves. 

I'm guessing there may be a bit of ambiguity in the contract that doesn't clarify a separate amount of the assistants, that'll be where the argument is. 

Interestingly Newcastle's announcement that Bruce had joined didn't mention the other Steves by name, possibly on purpose until something was resolved.

Bruce here is adamant that we should have accepted it (17 min 15)

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

Bruce himself said on Thursday, “I can understand the disappointment,” he added. I enjoyed the three or four, five months I worked there, but I'd like to put it out there that a manager's contract can be terminated [if clauses are met].

This implies to me they were met.

No one knows whether the compo was defined in the contract or whether it's just a 'principle' agreement based on Wednesday's acceptance to allow SB to speak to NUFC two weeks ago with a view to him leaving providing he adhered to the release clauses in his contract, which he implies he did.

What he said covers his own situation but not that of his staff, that is the area of ambiguity that is not yet resolved.

The fact that Newcastle did not name Bruce's staff in the announcement and our statement stated the below detail shows that's possibly what the issue is. I'm guessing Chansiri was exploiting it by asking for a bigger sum that NUFC weren't willing to pay, and good on him. 

"there remains outstanding legal issues to be resolved between the club and the staff and Newcastle United."

Edited by Owls2k

maybe the fact that SB deferred his start date, and the two assistance covered for the first month is the 'contractual' issue. They were clearly more important to the club at this point so could have had a different contract to the 'norm' for assistants?

13 hours ago, marcx666 said:

... just not for his 2 growths

12 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Also known as Shitstains.

I personally like one desciptions I saw, calling them 'The cabbage and two sprouts'.  

Or the wee pipe and his balls.  

4 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

This must PR or some lawyer on the make.

Chansiri agrees £2 million compensation for trio.

Ashley then immediately wires this cash to our bank account, thus forming a contract.

Chansiri then changes his mind but way too late. No hope for owt else.

making stuff up ? the posh term is conjecture but if it looks like shybo, smells like shybo. Then it's probably shybo !

5 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Ashley then immediately wires this cash to our bank account, thus forming a contract.

You have absolutely no idea what DC has accepted, agreed or not agreed. Usual FUD

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You have absolutely no idea what DC has accepted, agreed or not agreed. Usual FUD

From FOOTBALL LEAGUE WORLD  today - 

As well as Bruce, assistant managers Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence have also made the move from Wednesday to Newcastle, and it is believed that a £2million compensation figure for the trio had been agreed and paid by the Magpies, leading Bruce to shake hands with Chansiri on his exit from the club, only for the Owls chairman to then return and demand a higher fee from the Premier League club.

Of course that 's Mapies PR but pretty specific.

And who would you back in a business fight ? A self -made billionaire spiv V  , err , what...

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

As well as Bruce, assistant managers Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence have also made the move from Wednesday to Newcastle, and it is believed that a £2million compensation figure for the trio had been agreed and paid by the Magpies, leading Bruce to shake hands with Chansiri on his exit from the club, only for the Owls chairman to then return and demand a higher fee from the Premier League club.

And who would you back in a business fight ? A self -made billionaire spiv V  , err , what...

Football league world, about as authentic as HITC when it comes to only reporting facts. One reporter who many Wednesday fans find credible reports £4M. Keys reports £2.5M plus extra for the lapdog Steve's........

You of course choose to go with the one that reflects the poorest deal for us as the most likely, no surprise there.

2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Windygrowler said:

Bit deep mate! Employment law is more designed to protect the employee rather than the employer. Regardless of whatever notice period was in Bruce's contract, his resignation cannot be refused. You can resign and not work your notice period and all the employer can do is refuse to pay you for that period. Obviously since he left to go to another club there is a compensation clause in the contract.....

Hit the nail on the head

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Football league world, about as authentic as HITC when it comes to only reporting facts. One reporter who many Wednesday fans find credible reports £4M. Keys reports £2.5M plus extra for the lapdog Steve's........

You of course choose to go with the one that reflects the poorest deal for us as the most likely, no surprise there.

Also, based on Magpies make a big profit each year , unusual even for EPL clubs.

We, by contrast, had operating losses of £60 million in past 2 seasons.

I know who I'd back.

3 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Also, based on Magpies make a big profit each year , unusual even for EPL clubs.

We, by contrast, had operating losses of £60 million in past 2 seasons.

I know who I'd back.

That has next to no relevance to the topic we are discussing so not sure what your point is. Also, the latest report on Premier League profit/loss highlights 13 of the 20 PL clubs made a profit so not that unusual as you suggest.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/22/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2017-18-accounts-manchester-united-city

We all know who you would back and just for a change it's not Wednesday is it!

3 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Thought we were going to rinse them? 2 million, that's not even a pre-soak!