What are we chasing legally?

I think the compensation for Bruce was agreed and think it was around £3 million. However I believe no compensation has been agreed or paid for Agnew and Clemence. 

This is as it was when Newcastle announced signings I am led to believe. I have no idea what current position is. Understand a specified amount was in each of contracts which you think would have to be paid. I suppose could argue agnew and Clemence just followed rather than being induced or we would be put off by difficulty. Think its between £1 million and £1.5 extra we wanted.

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

I think the compensation for Bruce was agreed and think it was around £3 million. However I believe no compensation has been agreed or paid for Agnew and Clemence. 

This is as it was when Newcastle announced signings I am led to believe. I have no idea what current position is. Understand a specified amount was in each of contracts which you think would have to be paid. I suppose could argue agnew and Clemence just followed rather than being induced or we would be put off by difficulty. Think its between £1 million and £1.5 extra we wanted.

If it really is that much for Bruce then Chansiri has played a blinder. Bruce didn't have a long contract so the amount of compensation written into the contract wouldn't have been particularly high....unless Chansiri  threatened to put him on gardening leave (minimum of a month) which would mean Bruce couldn't take charge of nufc for that period which would have fooked up their pre season. Therefore Ashley agreed to pay more so the gardening leave wouldn't come into effect. That's pretty much what happened at Palace and almost to Pardew when leaving Reading to West Ham.

59 minutes ago, Windygrowler said:

If it really is that much for Bruce then Chansiri has played a blinder. Bruce didn't have a long contract so the amount of compensation written into the contract wouldn't have been particularly high....unless Chansiri  threatened to put him on gardening leave (minimum of a month) which would mean Bruce couldn't take charge of nufc for that period which would have fooked up their pre season. Therefore Ashley agreed to pay more so the gardening leave wouldn't come into effect. That's pretty much what happened at Palace and almost to Pardew when leaving Reading to West Ham.

He had 12 month rolling contract and I understand it was around £3 million if a Premier team came in for him. Derby received in excess of £4 million when Lampard went to Chelsea and he had a clause which said he could walk at end of season. Think Derby go £7 million for Rowett when he went to Stoke. This is not excessive for PL club it just so happens we were dealing with a tightest owner in PL who does not like o spend money. The rule is if its contract you pay it. If we sack Bruce we pay up contract if he walks whoever is behind it has to pay up. It is well documented with loads of cases.

He went on garden leave before and an injunction was taken against him and hearing was set for January. Birmingham then agreed to pay money but got away without paying full amount as the way they acted could have argued it was constructive dismissal. In this case Bruce was announced before we said a word, seems DC being well advised and this also applies to two assistants. 

16 minutes ago, Quist said:

He had 12 month rolling contract and I understand it was around £3 million if a Premier team came in for him. Derby received in excess of £4 million when Lampard went to Chelsea and he had a clause which said he could walk at end of season. Think Derby go £7 million for Rowett when he went to Stoke. This is not excessive for PL club it just so happens we were dealing with a tightest owner in PL who does not like o spend money. The rule is if its contract you pay it. If we sack Bruce we pay up contract if he walks whoever is behind it has to pay up. It is well documented with loads of cases.

He went on garden leave before and an injunction was taken against him and hearing was set for January. Birmingham then agreed to pay money but got away without paying full amount as the way they acted could have argued it was constructive dismissal. In this case Bruce was announced before we said a word, seems DC being well advised and this also applies to two assistants. 

Agree. If we get minimum £4 million out of this it's not too bad, but as u say we are dealing with the tightest tw@t in football.....

Edited by Windygrowler

7 minutes ago, Windygrowler said:

Agree. If we get minimum £4 million out of this it's not too bad, but as u say we are dealing with the tightest tw@t in football.....

If a judge says he pays, he pays. If he stalls there are charging orders, interest accruals, poindings and forms of asset seizure  to explore.  

18 hours ago, sibon said:

Not really. Bruce and his appendages had contracts with us. They broke them. We are entitled to compensation.

There is nothing academic about a couple of million quid.

Yes folk don't laugh so loud when you have £4-6m [with costs] in your back pocket. (After a bit of a fight but Chansiri will get it).

Edited by BrotherOwlExile

NUFC will have paid what they are told they need to contractually. (They more or less forced it with a money drop and resignation according to reports at least)

SWFC probably feel like they want to chase something due to the timing and perhaps even the nature of the approach (seems ambiguous whether we did or didn’t sanction it). 

Edited by Bluesteel

On 19/07/2019 at 21:09, Pale Rider said:

The clubs statement the other day raised some questions for me.

If as reported Ashley eventually splashed the cash, what is DC after from a legal point of view. 

Is it tapping up a manager, because that never results in too much substantial.

Is it the fact no compensation was given, is so great crack on. 

My fear is that DC being the stubborn guy he is, is just not accepting the Bruce resignation. The problem here is if this is the case, then we can’t appoint a new manager, because that would be a sign of acceptance. 

Don't rule this out we are SWFC. 

The more time goes on I am convinced we are not appointing because DC is wanting the premier league to rule the approach for Bruce illegal. This will fuel his stance that Bruce’s resignation was therefore also illegal. To appoint would make this argument collapse like a house of cards. 

As I said originally as ludicrous as this all seems, this is DC we are talking about here. 

6 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

The more time goes on I am convinced we are not appointing because DC is wanting the premier league to rule the approach for Bruce illegal. This will fuel his stance that Bruce’s resignation was therefore also illegal. To appoint would make this argument collapse like a house of cards. 

As I said originally as ludicrous as this all seems, this is DC we are talking about here. 

If we don't have a manager we are allowed to appoint one regardless of any legal wranglings. Bruce has resigned. We don't have to go without a manager just because there is a dispute over compensation or an illegal approach. If they rule the approach illegal he doesn't have to come back to us. Even if it is an illegal approach he doesn't have to give up his job at NUFC. He'll be sacked anyway before the legal stuff is sorted  lol