4 Forwards

So we keep hearing that we have to make the squad more balanced and get shut of a couple of strikers.

Which 4 would you look to keep?

For me:

Forestieri

Joao

Fletcher

Rhodes

So that would mean Nuhiu and Winnall leaving.

I think the club would like Rhodes to be one of forwards to go so we could get rid of his wages and hopefully recoup some of his fee but I do wonder if he will thrive on better supply from out wide?

4 STRIKERS IS NOT ENOUGH. (unless you're playing at pub level)

It would be interesting to look back and find the last season where we only used that many. This is especially true when one of them would presumably be Steven Fletcher who can usually be counted on to miss quite a few games. 

If you have 2 on the field and another 2 on the bench, that means you literally cannot afford a single injury before the unit is depleted and the options minimised.

Edited by DJMortimer

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

So we keep hearing that we have to make the squad more balanced and get shut of a couple of strikers.

For me:

Forestieri

Joao

Fletcher

Rhodes

I think the club would like Rhodes to be one of forwards to go so we could get rid of his wages and hopefully recoup some of his fee but I do wonder if he will thrive on better supply from out wide?

Obviously depends on a buyer but I'd be open to selling any of them.

I'd say the highest chances of sales are for Rhodes, João, Winnal and possibly Forestieri. 

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

4 STRIKERS IS NOT ENOUGH. (unless you're playing at pub level)

It would be interesting to look back and find the last season where we only used that many. This is especially true when one of them would presumably be Steven Fletcher who can usually be counted on to miss quite a few games. 

If you have 2 on the field and another 2 on the bench, that means you literally cannot afford a single injury before the unit is depleted and the options minimised.

Depends what system you play. If you want to go 4-3-3. You’ve got 6 strikers competing for 1 spot over a season. Don’t forget we have 6 well paid proven Championship strikers, good luck keeping them all happy. 

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The only one I'd be inclined to lose would be Rhodes. He's cost a fortune and has clearly been the poorest performer of the six. Getting his salary off the books would be a bonus.

You say that but wouldn't it be refreshing if we could get rid of them all and bringing in a new set of CF's !!!!

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Depends what system you play. If you want to go 4-3-3. You’ve got 6 strikers competing for 1 spot over a season. Don’t forget we have 6 well paid proven Championship strikers, good luck keeping them all happy. 

Firstly, that formation would seem to require a couple of forwards to play on the left and right. We certainly don't have a lot of winger types for those roles. Going with 3 in your base formation would definitely require 6 in the squad.

Secondly, even if you play with only one central striker, there will be times when injuries, tactics and game situations dictate the need for putting on extra players up front. With the loan market now a much reduced option, you can't afford at this level to go with such a bare bones approach.

A tough one because they all offer something different. 

I'd want to Keep Forestieri and Joao as they can play wide in a front 3. 

I have a feeling this could be a strong season for Rhodes so want to keep him but if an offer comes in then you would have to listen. 

Nuhiu can go and maybe Winnall if we keep Rhodes

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Firstly, that formation would seem to require a couple of forwards to play on the left and right. We certainly don't have a lot of winger types for those roles. Going with 3 in your base formation would definitely require 6 in the squad.

Secondly, even if you play with only one central striker, there will be times when injuries, tactics and game situations dictate the need for putting on extra players up front. With the loan market now a much reduced option, you can't afford at this level to go with such a bare bones approach.

Not sure I agree. For me in a 4-3-3 you play with wingers more higher up the pitch. Reach and Harris are our only options. We could do with at least 1 new wide player to provide competition for them. I remember Carlos saying Forestieri doesn’t like playing wide left and we saw under Jos he ignored a lot of tracking back duties in that role. Joao could be an option but that’s not his natural position and he’s wasted out there in my opinion.

Then you’ve got Winnall, Rhodes, Fletch and Nuhiu who I could only ever imagine playing centrally. Far too many strikers, at least two need to go. 

30 minutes ago, BIG D said:

For me:

Forestieri

Joao

Fletcher

Rhodes

4 forwards isn't enough 

16 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

As much as well love to hate him Warnock's system for getting to the top of the championship always seemed to include amassing striking options. There's a logic in having different types of forwards and having a couple of each

Warnock's teams never score enough goals. He could play 10 strikers and still not score.

Id keep 

Fletch

Rhodes 

Dave

Winnall

Joao for me has all the talent in the world but has no consistancy . Fessi is in last year of contract , so id cash in while he still has some value.

3 minutes ago, akbuk said:

4 forwards isn't enough 

Didn’t Norwich go up convincingly with just Pukki and Rhodes as out and out forwards last season?

If Tony Strudwick does have a positive influence on the amount of injuries we pick up, 4 should be more than enough. 

• Like 1