4 Forwards

My verdict on the Strikers we have:

Forestieri - Our best player. Can win us games and do something out of nothing. Yes we haven't seen the best of him for 2 years but that is why we would likely be able to pull in around the 3million mark rather than 18m we were asking a couple of seasons ago. Defo keep cos if he plays we always have a chance. Keep.

Joao - Tough one. Has everything, and I mean everything. His hold up play included playing against Cardiff's back 3 they couldn't get the ball off him but consistency is the key. My view, keep him play him up top for 46 games. I think the consistency and goals will come. Keep.

Fletcher - Another tough one. Good footballer as he showed at the end of last year. Looks fitter works hard and confident. Problem is with him which has always been the case which is lack of goals. He isn't the big strong type to play up front on his own IMO. With his age and wages and lack of goals if he could be moved on I would do, but wouldn't mind him here another year if not. Sell if possible.

Nuhiu - Not getting into the debate. Offers something in certain games coming off the bench. Great in the changing room. Yes he has his faults but as a squad player gotta keep him. Keep.

Winnall - Whenever he has played he's done more than enough. Looked a threat and worked his socks off. He's the goal poacher type but we don't play to his strengths and he's never been given a run. Been a much better signing than Rhodes but to be honest best for both parties if he moves on. Sell.

Rhodes - Terrible piece of business for the club. Don't play his style of football and he isn't the player he was. Will still score goals if played along side a Target Man with 2 wingers in a 442. If we can offload we must. Sell.

My view on who to bring in.

Conor Wickham.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You couldn’t possibly play with Reach and Harris either side of Fletcher, where would the goals come from. Reach and Fletcher might get 20 between them (not enough) but Harris never scores

Perhaps if we didn't have Forestieri and Joao losing the ball every 10 mins these three may just work.

Bannan would then be the guy who plays all these guys in on goal.

Rather then Forestieri and Joao trying drag backs on the half way line thinking they are Messi.

Dont get me wrong both are fantastic players and on there day unplayable. 

But neither are as good as they think they are and there is a reason why virtually every manager we have had has constantly dropped them.

Joao, Forestieri and Bannan are all players that slow the game down and want to make the play and you only need one of them in the side not three.

I think a this could work next season if we dont bring in better.

Lee  Hutchinson 

Bannan

Reach                          Harris

Fletcher 

Now your gonna say where are the goals going to come from but you will be surprised how many goals will come when you remove players who just want personal glory.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Perhaps if we didn't have Forestieri and Joao losing the ball every 10 mins these three may just work.

Bannan would then be the guy who plays all these guys in on goal.

Rather then Forestieri and Joao trying drag backs on the half way line thinking they are Messi.

Dont get me wrong both are fantastic players and on there day unplayable. 

But neither are as good as they think they are and there is a reason why virtually every manager we have had has constantly dropped them.

Joao, Forestieri and Bannan are all players that slow the game down and want to make the play and you only need one of them in the side not three.

I think a this could work next season if we dont bring in better.

Lee  Hutchinson 

Bannan

Reach                          Harris

Fletcher 

Now your gonna say where are the goals going to come from but you will be surprised how many goals will come when you remove players who just want personal glory.

But they never came when those players played for previous clubs either

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But they never came when those players played for previous clubs either

Harris dont really know enough about him to comment.

But Fletcher and Reach will score more in an attacking efficient team sure of it.

27 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

My view on who to bring in.

Conor Wickham.

Sadly Conor is a crock these days. Missed massive chunks of the last 3 seasons with injuries. Calf and a Crutiate Ligament.

Considering the fee and his wages, it'd only be sensible to stay a very long way away from him.

25 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Sadly Conor is a crock these days. Missed massive chunks of the last 3 seasons with injuries. Calf and a Crutiate Ligament.

Considering the fee and his wages, it'd only be sensible to stay a very long way away from him.

You'd hope his lack of playing time would make his fee and wages achievable to us, Still at a good age and seemed to have an affinity with us. Id love to bring him back.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

You'd hope his lack of playing time would make his fee and wages achievable to us, Still at a good age and seemed to have an affinity with us. Id love to bring him back.

Signing an unfit, injury riddled player who's barely played in 3 years, for a decent fee and big wages, all because he scored a few goals on loan with us 6 years ago..

what could go wrong.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

So we keep hearing that we have to make the squad more balanced and get shut of a couple of strikers.

Which 4 would you look to keep?

For me:

Forestieri

Joao

Fletcher

Rhodes

So that would mean Nuhiu and Winnall leaving.

I think the club would like Rhodes to be one of forwards to go so we could get rid of his wages and hopefully recoup some of his fee but I do wonder if he will thrive on better supply from out wide?

agree but would keep Winnall instead of Joao

4 hours ago, trev said:

Completely depends on the formation and style of play we intend to play.

You buy/keep players to play to the system the manager wants to play...not the other way around.

And bring in players for that.

Then hope for the best when the manager leaves 3 weeks before the new season

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

So we keep hearing that we have to make the squad more balanced and get shut of a couple of strikers.

Which 4 would you look to keep?

For me:

Forestieri

Joao

Fletcher

Rhodes

So that would mean Nuhiu and Winnall leaving.

I think the club would like Rhodes to be one of forwards to go so we could get rid of his wages and hopefully recoup some of his fee but I do wonder if he will thrive on better supply from out wide?

Problem is you've chose the 4 to keep on the highest wages