Lucas Joao goals

Joao is a complete luxury for a team like us.

does some good stuff - totally unreliable most of time.

id have shut tomorrow for our money back.

I like Lucas ..... on his day.

That's the problem though, he only turns up when he feels like it, the rest of the time he has the face on and his body language winds me up.

I'm sure Man U fans say same about Pogba but unfortunately Joao isn't in the same bracket. 

He'll always have potential but his attitude and workrate won't be enough to allow his ability to flourish.

9 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Been doing some reminiscing of Carlos' first season on YouTube and Lucas Joao looked a class player. Seemed stronger than in recent seasons.

Hopefully Bruce can get the best out of him next season

'hopefully bruce can get' some good money for him.

With his pace, physical stature and natural ability, João offers a lot of the attributes I'd expect Steve Bruce to be looking for in a striker.

If, after having seen him up close for several months, Bruce decides he's not for him, I think it will tell us all we need to know about João's mental makeup.

10 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Been doing some reminiscing of Carlos' first season on YouTube and Lucas Joao looked a class player. Seemed stronger than in recent seasons.

Hopefully Bruce can get the best out of him next season

Loved him in that first season, he seems to play better with less hair on his head. Someone should tell him 

• Haha 2

On 24/05/2019 at 07:04, Morepork said:

Hard to value players, however using the Madine Method or as it’s better known, Knobhead Theory......I arrive at £10 mil lol

As gooder way as any to value a player, it all seems very random to me. 

Think of a price, double it add a little more on for expenses and blag your way through it.  

Frustrating as f*** , there is definitely a player in there but cant seem to string 2 good performances together...................oh, and one more thing, how good did our 150th anniversary kit look...............pity we made such a ball$ up that meant we only got to wear it a handful of times.

I think we keep him one more season, 25 - he's on a longish contract until June 2021.  Scored 1 in 3 last season in a broken spell of appearances.

If he was given a consistent run maybe he will prove himself.  If he flounders in the first 6 months, replace in Jan.

Hopefully we can offload Winnall , Fernando, Nuhiu and Rhodes.

My main strike force would be Fletcher and Joao / lighting quick loanee - Chong Man Utd / Neiketh Arsenal / Brewster Liverpool and someone like Austin 

from the bench / backup to Fletcher when he gets clobbered.

I really like Lucas Joao but agree with the many comments on here about his attitude/commitment at times. He has class but after that first season, doesn’t seem to be the same player and seems to have lost confidence since he had his teeth knocked out at Rovrum.

• Haha 1

A run in the team where he plays week in week out regardless of performance goals will do him the world of good. He'd get that in most teams. Unfortunately we have 14 million strikers and an impatient Fan base.

Hope Bruce plays and get the best out of him. Capable of 20 goals  

The players that we have like this that have either 'flopped' (Van Aken, Rhodes), not reached potential for whatever reason (Winnall, Joao) or are young and raw (Baker, Penney)...we really have to wait and see what Bruce thinks.  If he wants to keep them and if so, give him time help to develop them.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Van Aken, Joao and Penney flourish under Bruce.  Fingers crossed!