Lucas Joao goals

11 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

A bargain at £5 mil!

Hard to value players, however using the Madine Method or as it’s better known, Knobhead Theory......I arrive at £10 mil lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

A talented lad with plenty more in the tank. Needs more game time

I’d agree with that but there are some cases where you get the felling it’s never quite going to happen, and sadly I think this is one of them.

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A talented lad with plenty more in the tank. Needs more game time

Very talented. You get the ball to him in good areas often, and he would score for fun. 

He frustrates us yes. Sometimes looks uninterested. But you look at someone like Leon Clarke (who was similar in many ways) and look what Wilder did with careful man management and a system that suited him. 

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I’d agree with that but there are some cases where you get the felling it’s never quite going to happen, and sadly I think this is one of them.

Yes, it’s a feeling I sometimes have Don’t think I’d give up on him just yet though, and if he leaves, ironically it will probably be to a better placed club

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

The OS and youtube have a compilation of Lucas's goals. I think he can be such a good player. I hope we keep him and SB can get the best out of him.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/watch-lucas-joaos-swfc-goals/

Didn't notice how good his first touch was before. Apart from when he's surrounded, they are all one or two touch finishes. Frustratingly close to being Premiership class. Hope Bruce can coach him towards more consistency. He clearly needs good service. Maybe its not Joao that needs to change, just an input of pace and delivery from midfield. Be interesting to see what plans SB has for him.

Bannan and Reach gets bags of stick on here. In another thread right now Bannan is under the cosh for not creating enough.

Take a look thru the 18/19 Joao goals and try to spot any that Reach and Bannan weren’t heavily involved in.

Excellent finishes by Joao. I hope Bruce finds a way to get more ooomph into his effort.

2 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Will prove to be the Darko Kovacovic of this era - next move to a Portuguese side on loan - stellar season and will be turning out for Porto or Seville after his contract with is runs down. 

Agree I think letting him go would be a mistake. I’d have Joao, Fletcher,  Forestieri and a loan PL striker as our forward players next season.  Then sign a 5th striker in January if we need one