Matchday car parking

On 19/05/2019 at 11:24, the monk said:

Drive half a mile up wadsley lane past the park hotel ,there is loads of street parking   no aggro , no charges 

Really not sure why anyone would want to pay and then be imprisoned in a carpark, unless they have a disability obviously 

It's pure bone idleness, no other excuse. That's why we have so many morbidly obese fans taking up 2 seats on the kop, absolute trash.

26 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Sounding like a Scouser! 

23 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not me. 

I wasn’t blaming anyone. 

Bet you're not admitting the blame for anything though.WTF:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

44 minutes ago, RigBon said:

I sit on the North (don't judge!) near the half-way line. I usually enter at the turnstiles around on Megastore/Penistone Road side (circled red in the image below). Are there other entrances I'm permitted to use (i.e. on an other side of the ground)?

image.png.adc4871bd13c6220650e42d82e93ef99.png

Yes.

There are turnstiles to the North Stand at the Leppings Lane end. 

And you can get out that way too (not sure if that applies when we play the piggies).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RigBon said:

p.s. sorry for all the questions, which probably appear stupid to you guys. But I'm not at all familiar with the area, so hopefully you are willing to assist me.

Yes I know what you mean , it’s easier for locals and fans familiar with the area , some talk as though we should know or are incapable of walking , the simple solution is get to the area at least an hour before the game .

• Like 1

On 20/05/2019 at 18:54, Geedee said:

From time to time this subject comes up and it truly surprises me that it is an issue. 

Since I passed my driving test I have attended and driven too the vast majority of 'big games' at Hillsborough (big imo being 30k crowd or above) 

To my knowledge:

I have never not found a parking space within 15 mins walk of the ground. 

I have never paid for a car parking space

I have never parking illegally 

I passed my driving test in 1980.

Obviously there can be issues if you can't walk very far, that with a guess is an issue at any sporting or music venue in the country. 

But if you can walk a few hundred yards and turn up with plenty of time there is no problem parking at Hillsborough 

Yes plenty of parking just park half a mile up the hill from the park hotel. 10 min walk to the ground, if it's too far can stop for a beres to get your energy levels up before the final descent down leppings lane to base camp.

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
On 19/05/2019 at 21:41, RigBon said:

Thanks for the helpful response. I'm not disabled, but I can't easily walk a long way.

Thought your contract was up with us Almen?

Guest Manwithastick
4 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Are you always this nice ? 

He thinks he's edgy. Actually just a bit thick. 

3 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Facts done care about your feelings.

See?:rolleyes:

Guest Manwithastick
2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Yes , just don’t get the attitude 

Big man act. Probably in his 30's and lives with his mum. Plays Minecraft and Fortnite when not posting about LADSLADSLADS and knocking everyone else down.