Matchday car parking

All the comments show why the ground starts emptying from 75 mins and our crowds are low for midweek games. Hillsborough is a nightmare for parking, getting out of car parks, traffic control and public transport. Roll on a new purpose built stadium with purpose built parking and transport links. With good amenities inside / outside for drinking and eating. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

All the comments show why the ground starts emptying from 75 mins and our crowds are low for midweek games. Hillsborough is a nightmare for parking, getting out of car parks, traffic control and public transport. Roll on a new purpose built stadium with purpose built parking and transport links. With good amenities inside / outside for drinking and eating. 

Plenty of parking if you don't mind walking a few hundred yards ,there's a tram stop 200 yards from the ground and loads of buses 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

We already have a purpose built stadium, in that we have a stadium to play football in. Parking on local side streets at older grounds is often far quicker than using car parks at so called 'purpose built grounds'. 

Whenever I drive I use Langsett Avenue near Middlewood P&R and it never takes me more than 20/25 minutes to get from there to Shalesmoor after the game, in addition to the 15 minutes walking time to the car.

I've been stuck in egress flows from car parks at places like Stoke for well over an hour.

Edited by NorthStandNiall

20 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Isn't the universe still expanding and there wasn't an actual explosion? I enjoy listening to Lawrence Krauss... Seriously I do.

Whats it expanding into?

Middle age spread. Expect  to see it wearing elasticated waist brown courdroys that are advertised on the back of magazines

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

From time to time this subject comes up and it truly surprises me that it is an issue. 

Since I passed my driving test I have attended and driven too the vast majority of 'big games' at Hillsborough (big imo being 30k crowd or above) 

To my knowledge:

I have never not found a parking space within 15 mins walk of the ground. 

I have never paid for a car parking space

I have never parking illegally 

I passed my driving test in 1980.

Obviously there can be issues if you can't walk very far, that with a guess is an issue at any sporting or music venue in the country. 

But if you can walk a few hundred yards and turn up with plenty of time there is no problem parking at Hillsborough 

Edited by Geedee

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Walk a few hundred yards

I was responding to a post saying public transport links were poor ,car parks were slow to clear and there was nowhere else to park 

Not sure why you have put the disabled angle on it 

10 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Gonads I go on bus most games but when driving get parked within a 5-10minute walk away.

I genuinely dont get why people leave early as what is that important that you need to leave early and risk missing what you came for???

Edited by coopswfc76

3 hours ago, the monk said:

I was responding to a post saying public transport links were poor ,car parks were slow to clear and there was nowhere else to park 

Not sure why you have put the disabled angle on it 

I wasn't criticising you.

A lot of disabled people use the Wednesdayite car park - its scrapping will be most problematic for them. That was the point I was making. 

I sit on the North (don't judge!) near the half-way line. I usually enter at the turnstiles around on Megastore/Penistone Road side (circled red in the image below). Are there other entrances I'm permitted to use (i.e. on an other side of the ground)?

image.png.adc4871bd13c6220650e42d82e93ef99.png