Matchday car parking

44 minutes ago, Green Calx said:

First time I've had to turn around and go back home tonight as I couldn't park anywhere. We usually park at the Dogs track but it was full. 

Is it worth getting a season ticket for the park? 

Sainsbury's car park always has loads of spaces. 10 - 15 minutes walk to the kop. I've never once had any follow-up doing this. If you're worried, buy a meal deal in the shop. Approx £3.50. Get fed & get legitimate, undercover & well lit parking. 

• Thanks 1

On 19/05/2019 at 11:24, the monk said:

Drive half a mile up wadsley lane past the park hotel ,there is loads of street parking   no aggro , no charges 

Really not sure why anyone would want to pay and then be imprisoned in a carpark, unless they have a disability obviously 

Yeah I always parked up past the sainsburys and just walked down. Yesterday parked up near rawson (past it and up the hill) and managed to avoid all the traffic on Penistone which was a blessing as I was on earlys. 

47 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Sons car window was smashed last night. Nothing in the car to steal

5 cars in a row all done

Phoned police who still hadn’t turned up by 10.30

Parked on Wardsend road just off Herrirs Road

Is that the road next to Radio Hallam?

Past experience has told me that parking further up Herries Road near Galsworthy Road or the streets around the Parkwood Academy, there is a good chance your car is going to get 'done' by the local scrotes who come out of their little holes after kick off time.

16 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Sainsbury's car park always has loads of spaces. 10 - 15 minutes walk to the kop. I've never once had any follow-up doing this. If you're worried, buy a meal deal in the shop. Approx £3.50. Get fed & get legitimate, undercover & well lit parking. 

32 minutes ago, FranksanOwl said:

What is the situation regarding parking in Morrison’s car park or at the Barracks

You've got to be very careful with Supermarket car parks.

Read the signage for T&C's, most have 1 -2 stay hour time limits with ANPR cameras and enforcement by private parking companies.

They can also have parking for customers only rules and 'fines' for drivers leaving the site.

Same applies all car parks on private land such as retail parks, stores, gyms etc.

I parked by hillfoot steels and got a parking ticket last night so did a few more, I'm disabled and parking any further away is a nightmare walking but it didn't spoil my night and they can shove my 35 quid right up there anuses feck Sheffield Council. 

54 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

I parked by hillfoot steels and got a parking ticket last night so did a few more, I'm disabled and parking any further away is a nightmare walking but it didn't spoil my night and they can shove my 35 quid right up there anuses feck Sheffield Council. 

Yep if it's not the local brain donors trashing people's cars it's the council scumbags dishing out parking tickets.

Come 15 mins after kick off they come out of the woodwork skulking around. You'd think they would have something better to do but it's easy pickings for them.

What was yours given for, parking on the pavement?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yep if it's not the local brain donors trashing people's cars it's the council scumbags dishing out parking tickets.

Come 15 mins after kick off they come out of the woodwork skulking around. You'd think they would have something better to do but it's easy pickings for them.

What was yours given for, parking on the pavement?

Parking on an unauthorised road on a match day basically a load of old codds. 

The best thing all Sheffield residents can do with the council, is to ask their local councillor what steps the council is taking to support it's local football team supporters in attending the game. With a specific emphasis on ensuring sufficient parking exists to accommodate such & minimise the impact on residents not attending the football.  How are they liaising with SYP to ensure that traffic is managed effectively on matchdays (AKA what are SWFC paying SYP for on matchdays and does that include traffic management before and after games). 

Instead of SCC using parking tickets as an enforcement option, why are they not liaising with the club to find and provision sufficient parking for 20,000+ attendees? 

I should add that this is relevant to both us and SUFC

Edited by fezman

12 hours ago, fezman said:

The best thing all Sheffield residents can do with the council, is to ask their local councillor what steps the council is taking to support it's local football team supporters in attending the game. With a specific emphasis on ensuring sufficient parking exists to accommodate such & minimise the impact on residents not attending the football.  How are they liaising with SYP to ensure that traffic is managed effectively on matchdays (AKA what are SWFC paying SYP for on matchdays and does that include traffic management before and after games). 

Instead of SCC using parking tickets as an enforcement option, why are they not liaising with the club to find and provision sufficient parking for 20,000+ attendees? 

I should add that this is relevant to both us and SUFC

Public Transport, Supertram, Walking.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop