Lesson to All Fans

46 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I sit on the end of a row...

Not because I leave early 

I can't get my legs n trunk 

Behind the chair in front 

Apologies to the lady n Gentleman behind whose  view is obscured  by my ears ........

I'd be tempted to hang sumat on em.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Whllst trawling the net, I came across what I considered a very funny story. Three Spurs fans, all season ticket holders at WHL, or wherever Spurs are playing at present,all drank 12 pints of ale each, pre the Champions League Second Leg. The visitors, having won the 1st leg. were leading Spurs at half-time, with Spurs apparently not playing well . The 'loyal' supporters decided they'd had enough and came out at HT. Spurs then turned it round, and scored 4 to win the semi and set up a final with Liverpool.

Thinking back to our last season, how many times have games including SW have interesting twists in the final 10 mins,or even in injury time? But yet we still have a major exodus of Wednesday fans who exit after 80 minutes .It can't be to escape the crowds, since so many do it. It can be very annoying for fans actually watching the game to be so consistently interrupted by this. Surely, this time to get away can be factored in to one's plans?

Not sure if its the same fans but heard a Spurs fan on Talksport who left at half time. However him and his mate who were pizzed, got in late to the ground and saw Ajax get their 2nd to go 3 up   on aggregate. Given their blurred comprehension of reality, thought the half time whistle was full time so decided to make a hasty retreat. They thought they'd  played a blinder getting to the station ahead of the rush. Only realised what had happened when a mate phoned after Spurs pulled 1 back to ask if he thought they had a chance? "What do you mean, games over........

poo "

• Haha 2

Guest Grez Bez

I left early for the Villa and Norwich games for the First time ever. I just wanted to get a tram without loads of idiots.

If they do open up Herries road station again (tram train) then it might not be as much if a crush on the Hillsborough team

45 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

I left early for the Villa and Norwich games for the First time ever. I just wanted to get a tram without loads of idiots.

If they do open up Herries road station again (tram train) then it might not be as much if a crush on the Hillsborough team

How far into opening are they, or is it still in the (lets just talk abart it).

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

The only time that I have ever left early was a few years ago at Exeter when we were 4-1 down, it had already snowed heavily and was threatening to do so again... I thought “ it’s been a shyte day and getting stuck on Bodmin Moor wouldn’t really improve matters” so I left five minutes before the end. I heard their fifth go in as I was walking back to the car.

Actually, I’ve just remembered.. it was 5-1 and I left at 4-1.

I can remember two Wednesday fans shouted at Bywater.. “ hey Bywater” , he turned around, “ you’re w• k”

He was though...

5 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

It absolutely does, and that’s why it bugs me. You wouldn’t put up with it at the cinema or theatre. I sit on a gangway row and it massively affects both the overall atmosphere, and my own ability to clearly see and focus on the last 10% of the game.

(Lesser gripe, but while I’m at it: I’ve always thought it must be a bit crap for the players if they’re chasing the game into the dying minutes, it’s like 50% of the crowd going “meh, not gonna happen lads”. If you’re doing any sort of public performance and half the audience leave with 10min to go it’s not gonna feel brilliant, even if you’ve already been paid your fee.)

It massively affects both of three things, interesting garymegson.

It is a minor hindrance at best, it can be annoying but it's hardly something to get hung up about. You must be seriously vertically deficient if standing to let someone through means you cannot see the match, if that is the case it must be hard to miss that 0.5 seconds of action. Treat it as a welcome workout for the legs and glutes.

People who leave early are viewed as non TrueFans™ anyway, just be safe in the knowledge that they miss magical moments such as the Antonio winner vs Carlisle or the Lee winner vs Bristol C.

Next time I'm at the cinema or theatre I could do with your help to choose my seats, as if you never let anyone through during a show or film there then you're a luckier person than most. 

These days I attend matches under the guise (in my head), of a scout. When I think I've seen enough, I'm off. Not waiting to leave with the masses.

I went to watch Rotherham v Southampton in the League Cup when they played at Don Valley, just to see what it was like watching a match at that stadium. (rubbish, by the way), I left after twenty mins. Job done. Didn't upset anyone, no traffic.

If it bothers people, like it does my mate, I tell him to convince himself they are just going to the toilet, because that's allowed apparently. It seems to ease his mild anger and frustration.

There, so just think, 'Ah, toilet visit', and you'll be fine.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

It massively affects both of three things, interesting garymegson.

It is a minor hindrance at best, it can be annoying but it's hardly something to get hung up about. You must be seriously vertically deficient if standing to let someone through means you cannot see the match, if that is the case it must be hard to miss that 0.5 seconds of action. Treat it as a welcome workout for the legs and glutes.

People who leave early are viewed as non TrueFans™ anyway, just be safe in the knowledge that they miss magical moments such as the Antonio winner vs Carlisle or the Lee winner vs Bristol C.

Next time I'm at the cinema or theatre I could do with your help to choose my seats, as if you never let anyone through during a show or film there then you're a luckier person than most. 

Well, ok - I'm not vertically deficient at all, but I do sit on a gangway, as I said. There's a stairway platform right in front of me that people congregate on while filing out, and it's on the same level as my seat. They're standing up, obviously, so I have to stand up to see over them. Behind me there is a row of mostly old folks who aren't very mobile, and one autistic chap who gets really upset if people block his view even for a moment. So yeah, it does massively affect things. I don't personally mind having to stand every now and then for a few seconds, but actually where I sit it's very awkward to stand up, and feels wrong.

I'm not one of the TrueFans tubthumpers, never have been, so you don't need to worry about that. I'm aware it's a silly concept.

Not really sure what you mean about the cinema or theatre, seems a reasonable analogy to me. I think you'd be pretty annoyed if I was in front of you at the pictures and I got up to leave as the film was building to a climax, but then I didn't exactly hurry to the exit, instead I just sort of slowly mooched towards the doors with about half the other people in the room, and while I was waiting for a gap in the traffic to step out of my row into the aisle I just stood up watching the screen, leaned over the edge of the chair in front, called people on my phone and whatnot, still half-watching but not really. It'd wreck it for you.

Yes it's a couple of seconds per person, but it's hundreds and hundreds of people in a constant stream. It literally starts on about 79min, and lasts until the whistle goes on about 94+.

Edited by Mr. Tom