Lesson to All Fans

20 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Its ok to have that last pint and turn up 5 minutes late but not ok to leave 5 minutes early?

No that's even more annoying if anything, there's three blokes on our row who ALWAYS come ambling along with a full kiosk picnic about 7min in, and have to make their way along a row of about 20 people to get to their seats. Two of 'em always go for a cig on 25min and 60min too. Don't even know why they bother coming

:duntmatter:

Especially 'love' it when the massive snaking throngs of people heading for the exits on 85min hear something happen, and all come rushing back up the steps to line the gangway so I can't see a thing.

Mek thi' brains up, has tha got thi' tea on or nah?

:ghoulguy:

Edited by Mr. Tom

I went to Wembley a few years back 2014?? So me and the lad could see a game there - 2nd division play off Southend v Wycombe. Anyhow, Wycombe were winning in extra time and as I wasn't really bothered who won, we left five minutes early to get the tube back. 

So did lots of Southend fans. Then of course Saathend equalise - and I have never seen such a mass of dejected looking people who couldn't get back to see the equaliser and the penalty shootout. 

Thought then, I'm never doing that at S6!

Edited by Bearwood Owl1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

No that's even more annoying if anything, there's three blokes on our row who ALWAYS come ambling along with a full kiosk picnic about 7min in, and have to make their way along a row of about 20 people to get to their seats. Two of 'em always go for a cig on 25min and 60min too. Don't even know why they bother coming

:duntmatter:

This would be so annoying, I am no longer a Season ticket holder due to Sky moving times, so POTG, and I always get a seat at the end of a row

so as not to cause offence when leaving.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, daleblue said:

This would be so annoying, I am no longer a Season ticket holder due to Sky moving times, so POTG, and I always get a seat at the end of a row

People who sit on the end of a row bug me, smug self-satisfying gits thinking they are so nice when leaving.  God, I hate them.  :biggrin:

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, daleblue said:

You're a rare gent! Like i said, impressed you make the commitment and I hope you enjoy your games pal, bring on next season - can't wait personally, even if I sound a reyt grump in this thread lol

34 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Used to sit on same row as a man and woman who would arrive just after kick-off, leave before half-time, come back after kick-off and leave early. 

Reckon they missed 15-20 minutes of each game. 

Seriously, what is the point?

some folks act like they're being forced to clock in once at every home game as part of a community service order or summat :Sid:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

You're a rare gent! Like i said, impressed you make the commitment and I hope you enjoy your games pal, bring on next season - can't wait personally, even if I sound a reyt grump in this thread lol

Oh no far from it, I always build a big fart so I can leave on a high whilst leaving a sour taste behind.

:tango:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

People who sit on the end of a row bug me, smug self-satisfying gits thinking they are so nice when leaving.  God, I hate them.  :biggrin:

I sit on the end of a row...

Not because I leave early 

I can't get my legs n trunk 

Behind the chair in front 

Apologies to the lady n Gentleman behind whose  view is obscured  by my ears ........