Owlstalk Bell of the Year Award 18/19

Your Bell of the season  

416 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest melt of the 2018/19 season

• Tim Robinson - Terrible weak as pee referee
    • Carlos - Really!? you ask. After all this time. But yes, someone has nominated him.
    • Jos Luhukay - What was he doing....where do you start...
    • Jacob Mellis - Kung fu kicking Mansfield cretin
    • Patrick Bamford - Smarmy, smug, cheat and floppy fringed dumpling.
    • Chris Wilder - there aren't enough words. Obssessed with Wednesday
    • Jamie Charragher - Spitting scouse pundit
    • Danny Murphy - Not done his homework on Brucie pundit
    • Ruud Guillet - See above
    • Ben Pearson - Preston bully boy and ref mitherer
    • Darnell Fisher - Preston diver and ref mitherer
    • Steve Gibson - Mumping Middlesborough supremo
    • Joey Barton - Rough shithouse who talks poetry hoping no one will notice he's a rough shithouse
    • Ken Anderson - Destroyer of Bolton Wanderers
    • Paul Mitchell - Brum scrotè who attacked Grealish
    • Jack Grealish - Villa wide boy
    • Gary Madine - Singing mind the gap..when he'll be in this division next season.
    • Mansfield Town FC - Sunday league bad boy limps
    • The wheezing blade - Radio Sheffields go to vitriolic WUM.
    • Almen Abdi - I know he plays for us Snoots but the whole thing has done my head in.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/05/19 at 20:00

4 hours ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Nah - Jos still wins ...Why?   2 Words  Kieran Westwood ...  no disrespect to our other keepers but benching our best goalie was unforgiveable...  If we send the trophy to Jos he will probably figure out a way to lose it....

And I think he's ruined Dawsons career, much like McClaren ruined Carsons carreer. 

I've no idea what he was telling our full backs to do in the end. So defensive, and yet defensively inept. 

Bruce has proved this team could have won the Championship this season or last. Thanks Jos and Carlos for the memories. 

:ghoulguy:

Edited by Ozymandias Owl

25 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Doubt it.

We don't have the players in our squad to play Wilder's style of football.

We had the players, Bruce has proved it. Wilder simply doesn't stand for players not putting a shift in. I give him credit for that, but he's like a more bitter version of Warnock as far as Wednesday are concerned.

As far as work rate is concerned, Bruce has already shown he feels the same way, just look at the change in the style of play.

Just noted that by Abdi it states "I know he plays for us Snoots but the whole thing has done my head in".

Who plays for us? Abdi? In the 2018/19 season?

Edited by bobness

23 minutes ago, bobness said:

Just noted that by Abdi it states "I know he plays for us Snoots but the whole thing has done my head in".

Who plays for us? Abdi? In the 2018/19 season?

The nominator clearly driven to insanity by the whole fiasco

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The nominator clearly driven to insanity by the whole fiasco

I guess it does makes sense to still include it, Owlstalk is known to cater to the insane.

:Sid:

Jos was a terrible manager. Though he did say e us first season I'm sure of that.  What happened second d season I dunno .

Why he ditched his 3-5-2 that had worked for him before I dunno. 

Clearly fell out wi Hutchison.  That happens in football.  Personalities.int it. I'm still personally convinced he was told to start getting he kids involved because of that survey they did ....and the FFP. 

Anyroad. Bad manager. Not worse than Eustace for me. But bad.

I've gone for Wilder. I don't think anyone else has come close. 

Mentioned us and had a dig at us every single week. 

Said he'd never celebrate a 0-0 an all, then was our there celebrating there's and banging his fist on the badge. 

Honestly he makes Warnock look like your favourite uncle.

Wilder. 100% one of them.

A proper , Obssessed,  bitter  blunt the like of which no other manager in their history comes near to on terms of Wedneaday hate, and acting like a throw pot. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

6 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

Wilder. 100% one of them.

A proper , Obssessed,  bitter  blunt the like of which no other manager in their history comes near to on terms of Wedneaday hate, and acting like a throw pot. 

I guess that I am a bit more open minded than many on here regarding the Blunts' promotion and Wilder but something engendered a fierce team spirit amongst that lot which has got what is generally nothing more than a group of average Championship level footballers to compete at a level where they were able to achieve automatic promotion.

If part of the tactics for achieving the promotion is anti-Wednesday sentiment, telling his players what we have been saying for years about "pub team" etc., and rubbish about the wage bill at Hillsborough, I am not going to knock the fella for it. I would call it a smart bit of management even if we find it distasteful and classless.

At the end of the day, Wilder is there to get that lot as high up the football pyramid as possible and that is what he is doing. I would be more than happy for a manager at Hillsborough to do exactly the same.

Where's Knockhaert? (He should be in every year along with Snodgrass)

Jesus, never looked at a poll where there are so many right answers. I could do with about 8 votes to satisfy myself with this. Grade A bell ends everywhere :ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

I've found this very tough this year. 

Last year I went for Snodgrass with no hesitation at all.

But genuinly this year there are so many who have acted with complete unadulterated bellendery that it is a tough one for me. 

Pearson is a 24 carat bell.

Wilder has absolutely excelled himself in his bell cheddery. 

The whole fiasco at Bolton is jeb endery on a massive scale. 

But I think you have to go with your gut and after much soul searching ...over the whole of the season it has to be Wilder.

8 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I guess that I am a bit more open minded than many on here regarding the Blunts' promotion and Wilder but something engendered a fierce team spirit amongst that lot which has got what is generally nothing more than a group of average Championship level footballers to compete at a level where they were able to achieve automatic promotion.

If part of the tactics for achieving the promotion is anti-Wednesday sentiment, telling his players what we have been saying for years about "pub team" etc., and rubbish about the wage bill at Hillsborough, I am not going to knock the fella for it. I would call it a smart bit of management even if we find it distasteful and classless.

Don't get me wrong mate I think he's a great manager. His record for turning clubs round is brilliant. 

But I'm not having it that he's got them up by instilling Wedneaday hatred into them.

He's for em up because he knows how to design a team. Coz he's shrewd in the transfer market and he's tactically sharp. He knows what he's doing.

He could have got them up without his wednesday obsession.

In fact. He might have been top of the table if it weren't for his wednesday obsession, coz that Derby at Hillsborough....He dropped McGolderick who was their best player when he came on because he couldn't resist putting Madine in coz he thought it would hurt us more if he scored. 

McGolderick did more in 10 minutes when he came in. Should have started. Wilders Wednesday hate blinded him that day.

Possibly cost em the title couldn't it.

I hope that Bruce does as well here as Wilders done.

Doubt his first thought if we go up next year will be to start banging on about the blunts though. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

Don't get me wrong mate I think he's a great manager. His record for turning clubs round is brilliant. 

But I'm not having it that he's got them up by instilling Wedneaday hatred into them.

He's for em up because he knows how to design a team. Coz he's shrewd in the transfer market and he's tactically sharp. He knows what he's doing.

He could have got them up without his wednesday obsession.

In fact. He might have been top of the table if it weren't for his wednesday obsession, coz that Derby at Hillsborough....He dropped McGolderick who was their best player when he came on because he couldn't resist putting Madine in coz he thought it would hurt us more if he scored. 

McGolderick did more in 10 minutes when he came in. Should have started. Wilders Wednesday hate blinded him that day.

Possibly cost em the title couldn't it.

I hope that Bruce does as well here as Wilders done.

Doubt his first thought if we go up next year will be to start banging on about the blunts though. 

I am not going into it too deeply but I would prefer us to be a bit less of a "nice" club and become a bit more of a "successful" club.

15 hours ago, Miffed said:

Who was the Villa player who feigned injury while we were counter attacking? The ref ignored him so he pretended he had an head injury to get the game stopped.

Or VAR..... cant we chuck that in? You just knew we would get screwed in the first game when VAR was introduced. Just like when the passback was introduced and Nillson was deemed to have conceded a free kick against Man City that would never be deemed a backpass by todays rules.

Not forgetting the David Jones sending off at Brentford for the new back chat to referees rule. I'm not aware of any other player ever being sent off for it either.

• Haha 1