Norwich - V - Wednesday OMDT

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Anyone else want to slap this bloke doing the post-match interviews for Sky. 

Condescending arsehole. 

Farke complaining about the referee. Unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Farke talking always sounds like he's trying to convince himself to let himself interfere with himself

He should just Farke orff

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It's a minimum to cover for any extra stoppages.

Can you tell me those please in the 5 mins?

No, it’s a minimum because they have to announce a round number. The referee adds on whatever he sees fit, depending on stoppages and the amount of time taken when a team restarts play (i.e. taking excessive time to take a throw or a goal kick, etc).

I could rewind Sky and list every dead ball in the second half if that’s what you want, but I’ve got better things to do.

6 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

This is true, but the ref uses his discretion to decide how much to add on based on what he’s seen over the half. Then he announces a minimum to be added on. On top of this, how often do you see the ref blow for full time (or half time) when there’s a free kick right on the edge of the box? I can’t remember seeing it myself. Corners, yes, but not free kicks on the edge of the box.

I agree, but he didn't have to give the free-kick as it wasn't a foul and had he instructed them to take it from the correct spot where the alleged offence took place then it would have been a lot harder to get it up and down.

27 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

10 mins of injury time according to flash scores. I’ve been on pisss all neyt and not watched match, what’s happened for there to be that much injury time? Did Joey Barton turn up?

Only 5 minutes but no stoppages just some regulation substitutions. Absolute bobbar.

6 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

You think that Dawson or any keeper stops that freekick then you're a girl

Feck off so no other goalkeeper in the world could've saved that take your blinkers off, fecking to$$er see I'm being hard and a keyboard warrior as well 

10 minutes ago, MAL said:

Just watched the first bit of SB interview.

On about time added on, couldn't cope with the irony, turned it off.

Why does it come back and bite him on the arris with us...

FFS

lol:ghoulguy: But how come it always ends up with us being on the rough end of it? WTF:

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Agree, but nothing happened in injury time to make it more than 5 minutes, the ball stayed in play, nobody went down and the Norwich sub took about 10 seconds. The minimum is all it should have been today.

What if the ref has decided - based on what he’s assessed through the half - that he’s going to add on 5:30 at the end? It’s still announced as a minimum five minutes because they have to announce a round number minimum.

1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

What if the ref has decided - based on what he’s assessed through the half - that he’s going to add on 5:30 at the end? It’s still announced as a minimum five minutes because they have to announce a round number minimum.

So hes done a paul daniels and pulled a number out a hat.

26 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Just replayed last 3 minutes  . Joao had the ball in the corner  on 93m 34 secs and goes to dribble for goal instead of holding on to it. Idiot.

Could have should have wasted at least a minute or more hanging onto corner flag  . The free kick came after the clearance .

This ^^^

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

You could rewind it a thousand times and you ain’t finding a reason to give five minutes

This I agree with, but that’s not the point being made here. The point is that nobody seems to understand the meaning of the word “minimum”, even though they’ve been announcing minimum times for years now. It’s really easy to understand.

35 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Diving bàstard...forestieri would have red carded for that.

Good luck in the premier hope you get bummed each week.

34 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

Never a free kick - but appalling positioning by Dawson. 

Shouldn't dive in there.  Stay on your feet, make a block, block the pass.....seconds, SECONDS to go, DON'T dive in.  

Just now, punkskaphil said:

You'd be better off rounding it up at that point, which is probably what often happens. I doubt that if they find it is over half a minute extra they go for the lower amount. 

The 'minimum' is mostly used to cover any extra stoppages that occur in injury time. As has been said, in most of Europe, they state an amount and pretty much blow on that time regardless of what else happens in injury time unless it is something really serious. That way it is generally accepted. Just us that seem to leave it at the discretion of the ref as to how long extra he carries on over his original stated time. Games in Spain rarely get over 3 minutes, our regularly are at least that amount.

This I agree with, but that’s not the point being made here. The point is that nobody seems to understand the meaning of the word “minimum”, even though they’ve been announcing minimum times for years now. It’s really easy to understand.

I think it's you that's failing to understand.

He announced 5 minutes to add on. Where in that 5 minutes did he find the extra time to add on to get over it?

Yes it's a minimum, but he can't just announced 5 and play on to whenever he wants.

We understand what minimum means. 

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Lol sober up and watch it back, I really don’t rate Dawson but your making your self look a bit daft 

Haven't touched a drop ok I'll concede he wasn't stood on his post but neither was he centre of his goal which would have given him a better chance, agreed 

Edited by owler66