Middlesboro...

Guest Hirst1867
1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

What involvement did Jos  have with Villa & Derby?

I'll try and help you out here

I might be wrong but I think he was pointing out that clubs around Boro have been taking the p is s - and if Dross was still here we'd be fighting relegation

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, Hirst1867 said:

Chairman who complied with rules angry about other clubs who haven't

Not a great surprise is it? I'm sure the majority of those criticising Gibson would be up in arms if the situation was reversed

No, I didn’t cry like a ***** re QPR,  Bournemouth or Wolves 

If owners are prepared to commit to sustaining the club then that should be enough. Let them put what they want in.

I’m more bothered about what goes out of the game than what goes in 

In the spirit of fair competition parachute payments are unfair, but compliant in terms of the rules. 

In the spirit of FFP/P&S some of the practices used may be creative, but still compliant in terms of the rules.

While I dont agree with Gibson, do feel a change in the rules is required, preferably to significantly increase the loss limit to allow clubs to compete with those with parachute payments for a start.

If it wasn't for clubs like his coming down from the prem armed with failure payments , the other championship clubs wouldn't need to spend the money they are doing to compete.its clubs like Boro who are inflating the market in the championship because they use the prem money to pay stupid wages and transfer fees once they come down.

If we are getting all the league together to sort the treatment of breaches of FFP let us also have on the agenda the parachute payments.

Lets agreed as a league from next season no team gets them, the £40m+ they get is not included in the calculation so Middlesboro, West Brom, Stoke, Swansea and a whole host of teams will also be breaking the rules. But them of course that allowed in the fair league we are currently in.

Profit and Sustainability allows a football club to sell their stadium to allow them to apply to the rules.

So the rules allow a club to make them selves homeless.

Is now the time for the EFL to see sense about the ways they are killing the league with their brainless ideas.

Every team in the 24 has the same rules or none of them do, currently this season more than half of the league have parachute payments.

• Like 1

Guest Hirst1867
2 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

Chairman who complied with rules angry about other clubs who haven't

Not a great surprise is it? I'm sure the majority of those criticising Gibson would be up in arms if the situation was reversed

Come on then @Belfast Owl 2 - as you've negged this

Its 2019 - Wednesday are in the race for the play-offs - being chased by Villa, Derby and Middlesborough. We've sold off Westwood, Bannan and Forestieri just to balance the books

In the meantime, Derby have sold their stadium for twice its book value to the club Chairman - and leased it back, Villa have spent 3 times the FFP limit, and Boro are being supported by pretend companies dropping sponsorship money into the bank

Are you really telling me that wouldn't bother you?

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

He's looking ahead at it from the position of getting promoted next season as they've blown it and won't be going up, but in all probability neither will us villa or Derby. 

I hate to say it, but most likely outcome will be Leeds, Norwich and piggies go up. 

Therefore knowing Derby, villa and ourselves will be very strong competition next season for top six, he's trying to get the three of us embargoed or starring with minus points, lessening our threat to the top of the table. 

This 100%, he knows they have blown it this year and will have reduced income next year so is sticking the boot in early

10 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

Come on then @Belfast Owl 2 - as you've negged this

Its 2019 - Wednesday are in the race for the play-offs - being chased by Villa, Derby and Middlesborough. We've sold off Westwood, Bannan and Forestieri just to balance the books

In the meantime, Derby have sold their stadium for twice its book value to the club Chairman - and leased it back, Villa have spent 3 times the FFP limit, and Boro are being supported by pretend companies dropping sponsorship money into the bank

Are you really telling me that wouldn't bother you?

Do we have parachute payments?

Are we suddenly concerned because we are bottling playoffs?

Did we sell players not needing to sell the books?

I would be worried about my team bottling it 

I'll pass on any chance possible to be negative.

Steve Gibson

lol

Guest Hirst1867
Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Do we have parachute payments?

Are we suddenly concerned because we are bottling playoffs?

Did we sell players not needing to sell the books?

I would be worried about my team bottling it 

I'll pass on any chance possible to be negative.

Steve Gibson

lol

All of that is subjective

Lets deal in facts. Would you bebothered?