Middlesboro...

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Ultimately though we won't, as a club, be affected by Steve Gibson in any way. So its just pointless getting wound up by him or what he says. 

Pretty sure we are set for a soft embargo this summer.

Chansiri said as much. 

57 minutes ago, SiJ said:

My main takeaway from profit and sustainability is no one knows what's going on.

Plenty of times the supposed experts on here have got it wrong. No one predicted us getting out of the transfer embargo last August.

What will be will be, but it's pretty blatant what Gibson is up to here. Some will go along with it maintaining the integrity of the competition, but what he's quite clesrly trying to do is have near rivals docked points at a critical stage of the season. 

I find it a bit laughable that the EFL aren't scrutinizing ours and other accounts already. 

Nobody on here even knew we'd been under an embargo until August... 

Guest Hirst1867
51 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Pretty sure we are set for a soft embargo this summer.

Chansiri said as much. 

Did he?

Guest Ash76
42 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

I'll take a 9 point deduction from this season and wipe the slate clean right now if it's on offer!

It’s not. If we were to get a points deduction we still have to make efforts to adhere over a rolling 3 year period 

On 15/04/2019 at 22:59, Dunkstar said:

Wonder if he'd have brought this up without their recent slide out of the playoffs?

Us and Derby are in completely different situations to them anyway given we've never had the parachute payments. If he's moaning about having to offload players to stay within the ffp guidelines even with the parachute payments then maybe he should have a look at the contracts he gave out in the premier League before pointing fingers.

Also, didn't he chuck loads of his own money into the club to get them to the premier league in the first place before all the ffp rules came in? You could argue that his original actions are one of the reasons the rules exist in the first place.

Glass houses and stones and all that...

Spot on. What a twaat. They deserve a pts deduction now for thinking they can police the league. Wouldn't that be funny.

14 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

I'll take a 9 point deduction from this season and wipe the slate clean right now if it's on offer!

I think it's too late for that. I'm sure the deadline date for this season is past, so any points deduction would become effective from the start of next season.:wacko:

Also, as others on here have said, I don't think the 'slate' is wiped clean. The £39m rolling three year loss rule still applies.