Clinging on in there

A mate of mine said it last night, not a Wednesday supporter I might add.  He said from an outsider looking in, if we continue to make a net gain of 1 point in the next 4 against the team sat in 6th and leaves ourselves a chance on the last day of the season, with Bristol and Villa having tough last games, anything could happen.  Anyway, it will keep my interest burning bright. 

3 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

All depends if Bristol and villa drops points in the last few games, I don't think they will but it's the hope tht kills you

Bristol City are away to Villa and us and have Derby still to go + a loss on the last day at Millwall = 3 more points for them and they finish on 68 pts

Lets give Villa 5th

We therefore need 69 points = 10 points from last 5

Leeds 1

Norwich 1

BCFC 3

Preston has to be 3

QPR 3

We're fooookin laughin lol

• Haha 2

I'm a nervous wreck...I don't care what happens now.

Its sodding ludicrous that we are still in with a sniff, I thought the Villa game had done us in...Get home after Forest have a look an' think 

"you never know"

I can sort of feel the pressure moving over to Leeds on saturday..I mean..theres us "Hey ho whatever silver lining"..Theres them..really needing to win...Its not beyond us to f.ook them up

"hey up silver lining"

Bristol City..We are capable of beating them

"What in the name of f.ook silver lining"

Preston?

Norwich ?

"Going up silver lining?"

Its bloody madness...and the lingering possibility has me in thrall...

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its bloody madness...and the lingering possibility has me in thrall...

Aye Steeners there's the rub. Still in the hunt still something to pique the interest in a season which promised so little.

Better than the dead rubber seasons end we expected. 

Wait , hang on though...we play well when there's no pressure in those end of season nothing games. 

We need to get that going. Maybe Bruce should tell the lads were 16th to ensure we go goal crazy like last year.

Mind games with out own lads,  or something. 

37 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Aye Steeners there's the rub. Still in the hunt still something to pique the interest in a season which promised so little.

Better than the dead rubber seasons end we expected. 

Wait , hang on though...we play well when there's no pressure in those end of season nothing games. 

We need to get that going. Maybe Bruce should tell the lads were 16th to ensure we go goal crazy like last year.

Mind games with out own lads,  or something. 

Cheese pie ....

Give them Cheese pie ...

Serve it at start of match 

Eat it at half time 

Bakewell and custard at full time ...

Incentive 

Incentive 

Incentive. ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well we knew we'd be without Bannan and there was the further blow of Hutchinson missing out, and we probably knew that Hooper wouldn't be risked back to back games after so long out. 

Combine that with the -undeserved- Villa defeat and there were folks saying the last embers of hope we're cooling and the promotion prospects the last wisps of smoke drifting off into the night air.

Of course this being Wedneaday , despite putting out a midfield which looked like it hadn't got a tackle in it we go out there and grab a terrific result, and rather than our lack of steel balls and bite in midfield being a huge miss it actuslly turned into a bloody positive in that we had players who's main strength is facing the opposition goal come in and do just that.  Which now means the dream, though a huge ask is still floating around .

552634100_2019-04-1001_13_01.png.4a970e6ab76745c415991c220b1eec59.png

Of course we now have two big tests coming up which might once more slap us back down. L**ds United and Norwich City - the top two. 

There will be some tiny consolation if we lose those games that it hampers the pigs. 

Knowing us we'll beat them and then lose to Bristol  and Preston.  That really would be the Wednesday way!

(And though we all want the best for Wednesday,let's be honest the thought of them getting automatic because of us would and reaching the promise and the untold riches would be a sickner. )

A season where genuinly every game till the end is vital. 

Who'd have thought it at Christmas time! 

Personally I hope we win those 15 available points. 

Would I accept a deal from the devil right now that we'd get the play offs and the pigs got automatic? Course I would. 

Could go to the wire. 

Every week the nerves are on edge. And just when we look sunk we claw back up. 

What a barmy season.

Don't sell your soul unless Warnock is offering promotion via the playoffs. Reaching the playoffs is a cruel trick, as you well know. 

Its all what could have beens. Bruce coming in earlier or us hanging on in both West Brom games and the game against Villa, and getting the results we should have gotten against Rotherham etc may have seen us achieve a minor miracle.

With Jos at the wheel we all thought relegation wasn’t at all out of the question. We played half a season without our best keeper and defensive midfielder for NO reason & looked like a team who couldn’t really defend and were toothless in attack.

Who knows what happens next season in terms of FFP but with Bruce in charge I really think that whatever side we end up with can and will challenge next season.

50 minutes ago, Eightace said:

It's over.

Bristol and villa would need to suddenly turn crap.

Good effort though and let's keep the run going and take it into next season.

Yeah, not a chance now.  Shame.  If Fletcher's pen would've gone in, I think we'd have taken all 3 vs. Villa...we'd be 1 point behind them in 7th with Bristol still to play...oh well.  

Let's concentrate on trying not to injure any more players...seeing how Hooper can end the season, getting Lee fit and cementing our formation so we can hit the ground running next season.