Team without Winnall

56 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He runs round in circles, jumps without leaving the ground gets knocked down by five footers.  Matias and my Nan offer so much more.

Howson saying your Nan has a hamstring issue.

• Haha 1

Why are so many of us wanting to “try” new or different approaches tomorrow?

We very comfortably beat the 23rd place team away in a 442, with 10 of the 11 players unchanged.

Tomorrow, we play the 16th place team at home, with an atrocious away record, and several posters want new systems, and/or to move two or three players around to accommodate.

Listen to Bruce this morning “Can we go and win six out of the next eight and put the cat amongst the pigeons?”

Do we think he can do that by binning what has worked for 15 games to experiment with say Aarons and Iorfa “trying” new roles in new formations?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Horses for course mate you play your strongest team if we are short on strikers you adapt to try and get a result.

We have not played 4-4-2 in every game so tweaking it - I cannot see a problem

Totally disagree. The only tweaks we have done is two strikers or a number 10 in behind a striker. Your suggestion is a completely different formation which in my humble is totally ludicrous!

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We very comfortably beat the 23rd place team away in a 442, with 10 of the 11 players unchanged.

Tomorrow, we play the 16th place team at home, with an atrocious away record, and several posters want new systems, and/or to move two or three players around to accommodate.

Listen to Bruce this morning “Can we go and win six out of the next eight and put the cat amongst the pigeons?”

Do we think he can do that by binning what has worked for 15 games to experiment with say Aarons and Iorfa “trying” new roles in new formations?

I suppose part of it is the dearth of attacking options, particularly in central areas.

If Winnall is fit enough to start, I'd go with him alongside Fletcher. If not, Matias and Aarons offer us some pace to get in behind Blackburn's defence, so I'd quite like to see them played either side of Fletcher.

I wouldn't want to start Nuhiu and Fletcher too often, as Atdhe is our only backup should the unthinkable happen and Fletcher gets injured.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though - it's all fantasy football stuff. Bruce sees the players in training every day and will make the best call based on actual evidence rather than our ill-informed musings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I suppose part of it is the dearth of attacking options, particularly in central areas.

If Winnall is fit enough to start, I'd go with him alongside Fletcher. If not, Matias and Aarons offer us some pace to get in behind Blackburn's defence, so I'd quite like to see them played either side of Fletcher.

I wouldn't want to start Nuhiu and Fletcher too often, as Atdhe is our only backup should the unthinkable happen and Fletcher gets injured.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though - it's all fantasy football stuff. Bruce sees the players in training every day and will make the best call based on actual evidence rather than our ill-informed musings.

Para 3 very crucial point.

That said, we have two weeks R&R after 5pm tomorrow. No need to be conservative tomorrow. All out for 3 points, then regroup, rest, get Winnall, Hooper, Forestieri fitter, on to Stoke.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Para 3 very crucial point.

That said, we have two weeks R&R after 5pm tomorrow. No need to be conservative tomorrow. All out for 3 points, then regroup, rest, get Winnall, Hooper, Forestieri fitter, on to Stoke.

True. I do think we look better with a bit of pace and movement around Fletcher though, so if Winnall isn't able to start, I hope we find a way to get Aarons, Matias, or both, buzzing around him.

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Totally disagree. The only tweaks we have done is two strikers or a number 10 in behind a striker. Your suggestion is a completely different formation which in my humble is totally ludicrous!

Blackburn have injuries at the back but the players playing there are very mobile, playing Nuhiu and Fletcher will not get the job done, we need mobility and even pace to get in behind the back 4 and get some goals.

We will see tomorrow but I will be very surprised if we end up playing the same 11 as midweek.

Bruce ain’t going to start changing things around, he is too experienced for that.

Given this mornings press conference it looks to me that he has a straight choice between Nuhiu and Winnall for starting.

It’s a tough one for him because I am convinced he doesn’t rate Nuhiu but starting Winnall is both a risk given his fitness position and takes away the impact he could have last half hour as a sub.

I think he will start with Nuhiu 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Blackburn have injuries at the back but the players playing there are very mobile, playing Nuhiu and Fletcher will not get the job done, we need mobility and even pace to get in behind the back 4 and get some goals.

We will see tomorrow but I will be very surprised if we end up playing the same 11 as midweek.

I’m ok with not playing Nuhiu mate. It’s the change of formation I’m against. Winnall for Nuhiu but if he’s not fit to start, go for Matias with the SAME formation.

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Our formation throughout this run has generally been 4231. Including the other night.

Someone the other day mentioned Iorfa playing in midfield and it got me thinking, we could go with this. 

Westwood 

Iorfa.          Lees.          Hector.       Fox

Hutch.         Palmer. 

Bannan

Aarons                                            reach

Fletcher 

Fox hasn't really done anything wrong since jos left and has looked solid enough when called upon and away from home maybe a better shout being more defensive. 

Palmer out of Hector, Iorfa and himself has played in there many times and I'm sure between Palmer & hutch being here so long together, would keep continuity allowing them to win us plenty of ball and hopefully the cm battle. 

This would also  keep bannan way further forward where he can pick passes out and keep him from getting in the way of Hector and lees when they're trying to defend. 

Plus it means we don't have to play Boyd or Joey lol

Edited by shezzas left peg

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Our formation throughout this run has generally been 4231. Including the other night.

I've pointed this out a few times.  Can't believe people can't see it.