Team without Winnall

14 minutes ago, LittleG said:

My god, looking at those options we really are struggling. If you combined all three together you still wouldnt come up with a player worth considering. 

Come on. Chopper on the block. Who’s on your team-sheet alongside Fletcher?

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Be a bit off the wall.. but what about Bannan nodding down for Fletcher to run on to?

Blackburn wouldn't have an answer.

Practice groin height forward ball's with Fletcher running on.

If you go for "groin height" mate......you can forget about "Forward balls"

• Haha 2

Guest LittleG
5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Come on. Chopper on the block. Who’s on your team-sheet alongside Fletcher?

It's giving me a headache! I suppose I would go with a sort of 4-5-1 system with Aarons and Reach as the wide players, but then I'm struggling to find somebody to play alongside B&B and Hutch. What a conundrum! Can I phone a friend?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

We could mix it up..on Fletch's call wee Barry ducks..the ball goes between the C/Hs legs...one on one for Fletch.

Ahh.."Wee Barry Ducks"..He could run as fast backards as he could forrards" dontcha know ...an old Wednesday fan told me in The Cambridge" one night....

Like mother turton..............

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

It's giving me a headache! I suppose I would go with a sort of 4-5-1 system with Aarons and Reach as the wide players, but then I'm struggling to find somebody to play alongside B&B and Hutch. What a conundrum! Can I phone a friend?

You do realise that he's set this whole thread up as a trap? To prove he was right about something he posted 2 days ago..:tango:

• Haha 1

'kin'ell…..  all these questions about selections 'n' tactics 'n' stuff FFS. 'sno good askin' me cos I ain't a feckin football manager. It tecks me half the morning to decide which foot to put which sock on. Or is it, which sock to put on which foot ??  FFS :Sid:

• Haha 2

I'll play the game. (This one that is, not the match on Saturday!)

I don't usually like the idea of two big lads upfront.  Maybe it's my age, I like the old fashioned partnerships. Bigman/littleman. Toshack/Keegan .

Mind, what do I know. Bruce did it the other night and it worked well in terms of having the extra height to combat Parkinsons route one. Especially defending aerial free kicks into our box.

Attacking wise though I prefer a lively runner offa big man.

That said , Nuhiu dropping into he hole and receiving and flicking Bannan in to set up Fletch was a huge moment of quality in a drab game..so Bruce could rightly argue his decision worked at both ends. 

At home though, when the impetus is on us to get on the front foot I'd still mix it up.  If we play the "No Winnall" rule of the O.P then for me it's Matias with Fletcher.  He was poor in his last outing in that wider role. But playing bang down the middle he's one of the few we have that likes to run the other way. Doesn't always come wanting it to feet , prefers to get played through in a foot race.  A dangerous weapon , especially coming from deep. It makes defenders make decisions...and it wins a lot of free kicks too- something we now look a threat from for the first time in a long time with the aerial threat of Hector and Iorfa in the side.

Fletcher

Aarons                        Matias                    Reach 

Bannan             Hutchinson 

Palmer          Hector              Lees              Iorfa

Westwood

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

'kin'ell…..  all these questions about selections 'n' tactics 'n' stuff FFS. 'sno good askin' me cos I ain't a feckin football manager. It tecks me half the morning to decide which foot to put which sock on. Or is it, which sock to put on which foot ??  FFS :Sid:

I genuinely hope you stick to the order you did it when Wednesday last won... like the rest of us.

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Hector

Palmer

Reach

Bannan

Hutchinson

Aarons

Nuhiu

Fletcher

I think we'll see a lot of the ball on Saturday, and so we won't necessarily be forced into going direct into Fletcher and Nuhiu, like we were at Bolton on Tuesday (conditions, surface, and the opposition were the reason for that).

We all know Nuhiu is better with the ball at his feet than he his when we treat him like an old fashioned target man. With Fletcher or Nuhiu dropping deep to link up the play, it'll give Reach and Aarons the opportunity to get in behind. 

The only other option at present is Matias playing in the No. 10 spot, but I just don't see Bruce going with it. He doesn't seem to trust/fancy Matias in the slightest. 

I genuinely hope you stick to the order you did it when Wednesday last won... like the rest of us.

So I have to imbibe some Morroccan delight before every match ?? I can live with that, Costy ol' chap. 

• Like 1

Just now, cognacbarnowl said:

So I have to imbibe some Morroccan delight before every match ?? I can live with that, Costy ol' chap. 

We'll have to knock this on the head cognac... Holmowl will be seething..Snootys only just got his thread back on track..:Sid:

• Haha 2

We'll have to knock this on the head cognac... Holmowl will be seething..Snootys only just got his thread back on track..:Sid:

Yeah, but frastheowl fecked it all up by putting a full team in FFS. I thought it was only about not selecting Winnal for some strange reason.