Bruce's Comments on Radio Sheffield

Guest The Horse

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

yeah! but I think the actual idea is, when you get into the playoffs, you're expected to turn up and play in them, not freeze like a rabbit in headlights.

Did ok against Brighton.

Didn't freeze against Hull either just got outplayed. By the guy who's with us now lol

22 hours ago, The Horse said:

Not seen anyone mention it yet but found it quite eye opening when he talked of the strange methods used by our two previous 'foreign' managers.
Said it was going to take some serious time to turn things around and the players have been working hard to adust to his methods.

Seems like the players have been conditioned into a certain way of playing and it's taking a while to train it out of them.
I wonder what it is Jos and Carlos were doing that has bamboozled Steve so much?

It's clear Steve isn't Bamboozled, but our players clearly were. Just look at the performances from our fullbacks before Christmas. They didn't have a clue what they were doing, and compare that to Liam Palmer's performance last night. They were never bad players, they just didn't have a clue how Jos's systems worked.

As for Carlos, he clearly knew how to get results, but when it came to the playoffs he lost the plot. I suspect his training methods and Portuguese medical staff are the route cause of the many injuries we had last season. 

Noticed the line “I’m only really bothered about our players” a couple of times when quizzed about each team’s performance. Whilst Wilder chewed on for 5 minutes dropping our players names left right and centre. “Barry Bannan is a Scottish international” etc etc... 

1 hour ago, eckington owl said:

Noticed the line “I’m only really bothered about our players” a couple of times when quizzed about each team’s performance. Whilst Wilder chewed on for 5 minutes dropping our players names left right and centre. “Barry Bannan is a Scottish international” etc etc... 

Like most blunts, years of misery have caused jealousy and obsession. 

He often spoils himself by letting his personal feelings come out.

23 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Did ok against Brighton.

Didn't freeze against Hull either just got outplayed. By the guy who's with us now lol

he 'froze' he hadn't got a second idea when hull put up a tight defence with a tight m/f in front of it, but that should have been no surprise (and likely wasn't to bruce) as he hadn't had a second idea all season, in fact by the length of time he'd spent at clubs, and the number of clubs he'd had, he'd never had a second idea in his career.

with 2 minutes to go and 1-0 down in a MUST WIN game westwood was still rolling it out to the right f/b, who squared it to the c/b, who squared it to his c/b partner, who squared it to the left f/b, and 45 seconds later we were at the half way line.

he didn't get outplayed, he got out thought by a guy who'd seen ALL he had to offer.

7 hours ago, eckington owl said:

5 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Like most blunts, years of misery have caused jealousy and obsession. 

He often spoils himself by letting his personal feelings come out.

from time to time (reception permitting) I pick radio Sheffield up on the way back from hillsborough, and just about every time I hear this bloke he appears to find a way of 'sniping' at us, he's bitter to the f***ing core. for someone to be that 'bitter' there has to be some 'underlying circumstances', could it be really small 'tackle' issue? 

37 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

he 'froze' he hadn't got a second idea when hull put up a tight defence with a tight m/f in front of it, but that should have been no surprise (and likely wasn't to bruce) as he hadn't had a second idea all season, in fact by the length of time he'd spent at clubs, and the number of clubs he'd had, he'd never had a second idea in his career.

Doesn't mean he froze though does it not knowing what to do lol that is the definition btw of being outplayed.

37 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

with 2 minutes to go and 1-0 down in a MUST WIN game westwood was still rolling it out to the right f/b, who squared it to the c/b, who squared it to his c/b partner, who squared it to the left f/b, and 45 seconds later we were at the half way line.

he didn't get outplayed, he got out thought by a guy who'd seen ALL he had to offer.

We ended up having a chance to score from that you numpty lol

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

27 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

from time to time (reception permitting) I pick radio Sheffield up on the way back from hillsborough, and just about every time I hear this bloke he appears to find a way of 'sniping' at us, he's bitter to the f***ing core. for someone to be that 'bitter' there has to be some 'underlying circumstances', could it be really small 'tackle' issue? 

It's odd you say that. I was in the same football team as him at the age of 15/16. I'm hung like a badger mi'sen, but your observation would have spot on back then.

:duntmatter: