Bruce's Comments on Radio Sheffield

Guest The Horse

Guest The Horse

Not seen anyone mention it yet but found it quite eye opening when he talked of the strange methods used by our two previous 'foreign' managers.
Said it was going to take some serious time to turn things around and the players have been working hard to adust to his methods.

Seems like the players have been conditioned into a certain way of playing and it's taking a while to train it out of them.
I wonder what it is Jos and Carlos were doing that has bamboozled Steve so much?

2 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Not seen anyone mention it yet but found it quite eye opening when he talked of the strange methods used by our two previous 'foreign' managers.
Said it was going to take some serious time to turn things around and the players have been working hard to adust to his methods.

Seems like the players have been conditioned into a certain way of playing and it's taking a while to train it out of them.
I wonder what it is Jos and Carlos were doing that has bamboozled Steve so much?

Retreating and containment.

You could see the old habits appearing tonight

2 minutes ago, The Horse said:

CC ran an A and B team.

Jos was here with a mission of youth + add ons (his) only we got embargoed unexpectedly.  Also no mushrooms.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

I think play offs are just out of reach this year but got high hopes for next with bruce in charge.

Especially with Mo Diame out of contract at Newcastle in summer.

25 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

CC ran an A and B team.

Jos was here with a mission of youth + add ons (his) only we got embargoed unexpectedly.  Also no mushrooms.

Looking back I think Jos did like mushrooms but only those on offer in Holland

• Haha 6

Probably the tactic to contain the opposition and try and nick a goal; and then once in front try to hit them on the break. 

Where as the English style is to go hell for leather and get ahead from the kick off. 

22 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

I think play offs are just out of reach this year but got high hopes for next with bruce in charge.

Well, we are 6 points off the playoffs now with 11 games to play albeit 6th and 7th have a game in hand. All teams apart from top 2 I'd like to think are beatable. So who knows if the good work carries on?

Just now, Owls77 said:

Done so much in a very short space of time, imagine a full pre-season just hope he has the funds to make the changes we need!

This is only thing that worries me. An embargo would be so so frustrating just as Bruce starts to assert himself.