Bruce's Comments on Radio Sheffield

Guest The Horse

43 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Not seen anyone mention it yet but found it quite eye opening when he talked of the strange methods used by our two previous 'foreign' managers.
Said it was going to take some serious time to turn things around and the players have been working hard to adust to his methods.

Seems like the players have been conditioned into a certain way of playing and it's taking a while to train it out of them.
I wonder what it is Jos and Carlos were doing that has bamboozled Steve so much?

they certainly bamboozled him on our last 2 visits to villa park …….

• Haha 4

Listening to Bruce it’s like a breath of fresh air compare to the other two in which I could never understand he doesn’t go on about transitions from attack to defence from midfield He tells it how it is and if you don’t like Tough lol

I noticed, too that in answer to a (lame) question about the recent upturn in performances/stability and 'outside chance of playoffs?', Reach literally said something along the lines of "well you never know in this league and as far as we're concerned we're still going for it...and nobody would've thought *that* was possible under our last manager's regime", or words very close to that. Not heard that sort of comment directly from any of our players before. Genuinely convinced now that it was an absolute nightmare for all of them, and none of them had any more faith in it than we did by the end.

He was also full of praise for the way Bruce has come in and got their confidence back up. "Superb man-manager", as Reach himself says.

Interesting to hear that Bruce has had a word with Reachinho along the lines of 'you're too harsh on yourself, your own worst critic' etc etc. Honestly he's a diamond that lad, really rate him as both a player and a professional. His attitude is impeccable. Really can't understand the fans who slate him for not being a hard tackler - if he also had that in his locker he'd be worth £15m easy. He's not a ball-winning midfielder ffs, he's a playmaker through and through. Hardly any players are both.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Done so much in a very short space of time, imagine a full pre-season just hope he has the funds to make the changes we need!

To be fair, that's exactly what people were saying on here a few weeks after Jos arrived. lol

Bruce is a more seasoned pro though so I agree, especially with his record in this league. He certainly has the skillset we need at the moment.

• Like 1

Apparently both Carlos and Jos prompted the worshipping of Papa Nuhui, an ancient African god prominent in voodoo. 

Known as the god of trees and Maltesers his followers would leave tiny cheese sculptures as offering and sacrifice spam fritters at his altar.  One of which was installed at the training ground at Carlos request. 

Decline under Carlos which affected Jos management of the club along with his own managerial style.

Bruce now on a job to rebuild. Hopefully he'll get the right pieces in and get us back up again .. with his man management and experience we should be better placed than under CoCo

The “safe” way of both regimes is ingrained in most of the players. 

The first thought most of the time is backwards. How they receive the ball in terms of body shape very often stops them doing anything else. 

It will come slowly but surely. We’ve got the base to work from now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Horse said:

Not seen anyone mention it yet but found it quite eye opening when he talked of the strange methods used by our two previous 'foreign' managers.
Said it was going to take some serious time to turn things around and the players have been working hard to adust to his methods.

Seems like the players have been conditioned into a certain way of playing and it's taking a while to train it out of them.
I wonder what it is Jos and Carlos were doing that has bamboozled Steve so much?

Where have you been ?

I thought we'd established they were both unqualified and basically not competent to manage us.

Clown is still spouting total shiite now, and touting himself to any club that he thinks might fall for it.

Jos is back tending his garden and enjoying his second retirement. Exactly where we should have left him when Doylem recommended him.

Bruce is a proper Manager. It shows in the squad.

Edited by Mr Farrell
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Confident that Bruce will sort it long term given time. He will make mistakes but i feel we will move forwards under his management.

Time is a luxury - he'll get roundly b**locked on here if we lose two on the trot.  Since when have supporters given ANY manager 'time'...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Where have you been ?

I thought we'd established they were both unqualified and basically not competent to manage us.

Clown is still spouting total shiite now, and touting himself to any club that he thinks might fall for it.

Jos is back tending his garden and enjoying his second retirement. Exactly where we should have left him when Doylem recommended him.

Bruce is a proper Manager. It shows in the squad.

a guy at work said coco was on tv showing what he knew about football. the interviewer asked him a question and he answered with a right load of incomprehensible balex.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Soft embargo,Bruce gets his players lined up who he wants and brings them in late July.

I'm hoping that because we cooperated fully with the last embargo they will take it in to consideration when they decide what to do this time. 

38 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

a guy at work said coco was on tv showing what he knew about football. the interviewer asked him a question and he answered with a right load of incomprehensible balex.

I watched it on telly (true fan - who couldn’t make a midweek game) and Carlos indeed did his usual ramblings. I’m not sure why Sky feel he’s a good pundit.

Some slightly interesting things were he talked about how Jos’ decisions were confusing, changing the 442 formation the players were used to and dropping Westwood & Hutch etc. 

Regarding Bruce’s correct comment that we lacked quality last night. Personally I feel the problem was with the lack of quality from the bench.  

We brought on Fox, Boyd and Nuhiu.

Imagine if we were actually able to bring on the likes of Lazaar/Penney, Lee/Onomah and Hooper/Joao.  

I feel the starting eleven matched one of the best teams in the league, but when these games are tight after an hour you need to be able to bring on quality off the bench to change things.  Something we probably won’t  be able to do for the rest of this season unfortunately 

• Like 1