Wednesday -V- Swansea OMDT

So not realised our last win was that legendary day 35 years ago. 

Only 13k turned up, it was flippin cold and we huddled together on the Kop like Antartic penguins for warmth. Stinging freezing rain / hailstones directly into the face, genuinely had to turn our backs to the game.

And rewarded with a 6 - 1 and a Toshack OG from the edge of the box.

50k turned up 3 days for a League Cup quarter final v Liverpool

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

So not realised our last win was that legendary day 35 years ago. 

Only 13k turned up, it was flippin cold and we huddled together on the Kop like Antartic penguins for warmth. Stinging freezing rain / hailstones directly into the face, genuinely had to turn our backs to the game.

And rewarded with a 6 - 1 and a Toshack OG from the edge of the box.

50k turned up 3 days for a League Cup quarter final v Liverpool

Yep, I was there safely in the North Stand and feeling sorry for those hardy souls huddled together in the centre of the Kop. Never seen the Kop look like that before or since, and there's no way it'd have been  played these days. I can't remember how but we made it there and back from Crookes, I live down the hill now and if there are a few flakes of snow I don't even try and drive up. Cracking win though and that Toshack header... 

I see our previous home win against them in 1981 was my second ever game. 

Edited by alanharper

Excellent thread Pauli, probably your best yet. I’ll read it later when I can be arsed, with a mug of Ovaltine and some Nice biscuits.

We’re going to thrash the Welsh Rarebits, they’re still in mourning over Carlos’ departure. 23-0 (Nuhiu 20, Fox 3).

That’s it from me apart from asking when we can have Tay Tay and the Shadow Llama back, plus Megson smoking his pipe before it passed to Syd James, and then to Steve Bruce loose aboot this hoose.

Ps - Did we win the 1-dayer yesterday against the Windies? I missed it due to Razorfish Clam hunting on the beach.

• Haha 1

Actually i don't recall it was that horrendous before or after. We were on the bus as normal from High Green so think it only started as we got to Greno. Was more hailstones than settling snow IIRC , but the wind chill was seriously bad. Could not move by the end and they had the barriers that ran top to bottom of the Kop and my legs wouldn't bend to get under them. Thawed out just in time for the Liverpool game 

Guest Bulgaria
20 minutes ago, alanharper said:

can't remember how but we made it there and back from Crookes, 

Because back then folks just got on with it!!!

Too many excuses nowadays.

I was wading through 15ft of snow the other day just to get some stale milk from me local shop.... With no shoes on!

Edited by Bulgaria

Guest Bulgaria
12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

missed it due to Razorfish Clam hunting on the beach.

Are they those chuffs that come up from the sand, have a butchers for any topless ladies, then go back down again?