Wednesday -V- Swansea OMDT

20 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.0d3b79610d1bf535db579f3099c4ca61.png

"Come out Hargreaves, the game's up. There's no way out. We've tracked you the world over. But we were going to get you sooner or later. A Snooty never gives in. Come out. We've the place surrounded."

"Surrounded,Sir?"

"Sssshh! He doesn't know does he"

"Very good Sir."

"Hargreaves! Just give us Sid James Pipe and we'll go. There doesn't have to be bloodshed. I'm prepared to leave you here. Just give us James and nothing needs to get nasty. I won't tell the authorities where you are. But I want James and I want him now. Hargreaves! I know you're here!"

"Sir. I've checked everywhere. I can't find him"

"He's here Stubbs, he's here. Pass me my bag."

"What's in there Sir?"

"It's a kebab. I'll just pop it over this air-con unit and left the smell waft around the place. He'll soon be out once he gets that up his nostrils.  Now, have you got your phone?"

"Yes Sir"

"Then pull up a chair. You can give me the match facts while we wait for him to come out of hiding."

****************************************************************************************

image.png.8ac2c42193981810a11165766ace377f.png

Wednesday - V - Swansea

Sky Bet Championship
3:00pm Saturday 23th February
Hillsborough Stadium 

Wednesday defender Tom Lees is back in contention for the home game against Swansea.

Lees could return to the starting line-up after missing the last three matches due to a shin injury. Striker Fernando Forestieri sits out a one-game ban following his two ridiculous sending off at Rotherham which caused Steve Bruce to opine the referee should have sent all 15 celebrating players, subs and staff off if that's how the ref wanted to play it.

George Boyd is a big doubt due to illness leaving Wednesday with limited forward options.

Defender Jordan Thorniley won't be risked after being round house kicked in the noggin. 

Swansea have been handed a triple boost with pace burners Wayne Routledge, Nathan Dyer and Declan John all expected to return to the squad.

John, who  returned to full training this week, has been sidelined due to an ankle injury. Captain Leroy Fer (hamstring), who has been out for four games, hopes to be fit for next week's home match against Bolton but looks set to miss the clash with the Yorkshire Giants. Joe Rodon (metatarsal) is still out.

image.png.2996e1982928c8711dfe5757b96cb33f.png

"Stubbs, who's that?"

"That's the Swansea manager Graham Potter"

"Crikey. He looks like an accidental splicing of political comedian Jonathan Pie and Grange Hill schemer Gonch Gardener"

"If you say so Sir"

"I do. Carry on"

****************************************************************************************

MATCH FACTS

• Sheffield Wednesday are winless in seven matches against Swansea City in all competitions (D4 L3).

• Swansea have not visited Sheffield Wednesday in a league match since December 2009, when they won 2-0 thanks to a Darren Pratley double

• Three of the last six meetings in all competitions between Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea at Hillsborough have ended goalless.

• Swansea striker Oliver McBurnie has been involved in seven goals in six Championship appearances during 2019 (six goals, one assist), scoring with all of his six shots on target.

• Steve Bruce last faced Swansea City in September 2015 in the League Cup as Hull City manager, winning 1-0.

• Swansea have not lost three consecutive away league matches since a run of seven between September and December 2017.

"Oh. Oh dear Sir"

"What?"

"I've just got two news flashes through sir"

"Yes?"

"Sid James pipe is back."

"Back?"

"Yes Sir. He and Hargreaves are both back safely at Owlstalk. Sid Emjoi is in situ and ready to carry on the good fight. Hargreaves has issued an apology and said he just wanted to make sure the bawdy emoji used his full holiday entitlement and with him being the most oft used Emoji he thought he could do with a midseason break like the European emojis do"

"Well bloody hell. What a faff. All that pi$$ing around chasing him around the globe. Well. At least it's all over Stubbs. Have we got a cup of tea before we head back? Stubbs? Stubbs? Are you listening to me?"

"The second news flash Sir."

"Yes?"

"陰茎 vocano is about to erupt for the first time in 2000 years Sir"

"Well that's an interesting one for the  Volcanologists and Geothermal Researchers  with an interest in tropospheric volcanic plumes. They don't get much action you know. Lot's of theory work. Be nice they've actually got something to get their teeth into."

"Sir. 陰茎 is Japanese for tail. tail Mountain."

"I beg you pardon?"

"tail Sir"

"A comedy name Stubbs, what of it....oh, oh, but hang on, this place, this base when we came in I said to you didn't I, didn't I says Stubbs, 'that secret base of Hargeaves's looks just like-!"

image.png.5765d9489364875961fd0424effe7410.png

"Indeed Sir"

"Andy Blairs Trainers!! Come on Stubbs we've got to get out of here!"

"We can't Sir. You insisted we blow up the entrance way when we came in to stop Hargreaves escaping"

"Well phone for help man!"

"I'm afraid calling up the match day facts on my phone used the last of my battery, Sir. It's dead."

"So this is it Stubbs? Doomed to be incinerated in a giant rocky scrotum"

"It would appear so Sir.

"Sums up the season really doesn't it"

"Sir?"

"A right load of old bolloc-"

giphy.gif

Sorry your Lordship. After a couple of uninspiring  victories and a few dull draws. I did some soul searching in the early hours and decided that giving it a miss may bring about a change in fortunes. Oh How it worked, Love you Snoots !  

• Haha 1