Megson - worse than Jos

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I've been called a cult..a count..a number 2 and a cant® in my time.

Comes wiv the territory mate...

You have to remember we have the Megson cult to deal with...You are gonna be called much worse than that...

You re gonna be chased down Penistone by grown men in green tights ...(again)..Its how you handle those men in green tights..(again)

Edited by asteener1867

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

Yeah I remember that. 

He kept playing COG who wasn't scoring and even JOC as a false 9 or on the wing. 

Milan tired of these strange selections, which involved deliberately snubbing superior players and eventually sacked him. 

Yet in the cult's eyes like he was like Guardiola. 

Lot of water passed under the bridge since then. Remind me who COG and JOC were please.

Guest Theboylangers

Megson put the pride back into the club and got the fans onside after the dull Irvine had us all believing that every team we played was Barcelona.

And for that reason, he won me and I suspect, many other fans over. 

You could argue his methods were questionable but I dont remember anyone complaining when we won our first 7 home games in his first full season.

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Comes wiv the territory mate...

You have to remember we have the Megson cult to deal with...You are gonna be called much worse than that...

You re gonna be chased down Penistone by grown men in green tights ...(again)..Its how you handle those men in green tights..(again)

I'll do what I always do....turn to them..flick my hair back..draw languidly on my cheroot..and say " you do realise darling.. that you look simply ridiculous?"

With a lazy roll of my eyes.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I'll do what I always do....turn to them..flick my hair back..draw languidly on my cheroot..and say " you do realise darling.. that you look simply ridiculous?"

With a lazy roll of my eyes.

Yo do realise in that one sentence , you went from Clint Eastwood to Quentin Crisp?

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Utter nonsense.

He had us falling away from the autos with his poor management. For instance we lost those 4 games in a row pre pigs match.

People cant accept Jones run was incredible and we went up because of him

It was also poor from Mandaric to allow us to lose our best player and not replace him for 4 weeks.

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its the whole gamut mate...covers all bases..If they don't fall yer simpering eyelash battin'....Shoot the f.ookers!

When I was hungover..I'd get muddled up when I was in temper...and realise I was a cross between Julian Clary and Spencer Tracey mid rant.

The guys on the sites got used to me.

58 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Utter nonsense.

He had us falling away from the autos with his poor management. For instance we lost those 4 games in a row pre pigs match.

People cant accept Jones run was incredible and we went up because of him

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story 

1 hour ago, Mardy Bum said:

Megson got us pretty much promoted right place right time for Jones afterwards. 

The Ginger one was struggling big time to get us out of the pub league , leading us to disgraceful results like Stevenage away .