Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

What do people think of Harris then? If he does sign is it that impressive? The guy has hardly played any football for a 26 year old. Warnock got the best out of him maybe but still wasn't that outstanding. I agree that his attributes are what we need but is there better available? 

Reading the comments on the Cardiff board when he was released they seemed to rate him and felt he had been given a fair crack at the first team. Sounds promising but let’s get him signed first eh?

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Reading the comments on the Cardiff board when he was released they seemed to rate him and felt he had been given a fair crack at the first team. Sounds promising but let’s get him signed first eh?

I think its worth a debate. I'm not slagging him off and if he signs for us I'll be rooting for him like any player. However when you look at career stats and performances he doesn't stand out. I don't see how that as an inaccurate comment. 

30 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

TBF MM often had the ball out wide in plenty of space and then made little of it. I often thought his control wasn't that great thus negating the advantage he had gained through pace.

I think that’s fair, he rarely did the fullback one v one.

Edited by Walt

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If that was his best, we aren’t setting our sights particularly high. A squad player, nothing more

I don’t know much about Harris beyond him fitting the rough criteria of what our squad is currently lacking - PACE. I can’t say I was overawed by the Aarons signing but in the games he played it was clear how much we’d missed a player in that mould. 

If Harris isn’t the one for you who would you be targeting for that position? 

13 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Borner, Odubajo, Bidwell and Harris

Not sure about Bidwell to be honest, will he improve us that much. Hope after these 4 we can bring in some real quality. Not sure these 4 alone would be enough to get us challenging at the top. 

Harris’ end product is no doubt erratic otherwise he’d be playing more. But if he can carry the ball up the pitch quickly then we’re already miles better off. We saw what a difference that made to our play off chances.

For a free transfer it’s nothing ventured nothing gained. If he does well then he’s still young enough to make a profit on too.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not sure about Bidwell to be honest, will he improve us that much. Hope after these 4 we can bring in some real quality. Not sure these 4 alone would be enough to get us challenging at the top. 

Its alot more about the manager you have got in this division rather than the players you have.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bidwell reminds me of Daniel Pudil when he arrived or Buxton. Not the trendy wing back type but steady and does get a few assists. It was so noticeable when Hunt Wallace and Pudil were no longer playing how bad we were at the final ball from full back. Both sides of the pitch we’d get into  great positions from overlapping and just needing that killer ball into the danger area, but it broke down far too often from Baker, Fox and Palmer.

Agree we still need one or two with flair though if we move Joao and FF on.

19 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Not sure we are in for Bidwell.

The last I heard is that he chose us over another North West club in the Championship.

This was well over 3 weeks ago.

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Big upgrade on Palmer and Pudil at left back

11 minutes ago, Herb said:

I don’t know much about Harris beyond him fitting the rough criteria of what our squad is currently lacking - PACE. I can’t say I was overawed by the Aarons signing but in the games he played it was clear how much we’d missed a player in that mould. 

If Harris isn’t the one for you who would you be targeting for that position? 

Well I agree with you about pace, we desperately need some of that. Both Odubajo and Harris would provide that, but they don’t provide enough goals for a wide player, certainly not in Bruce’s previous systems with one up top. It is a squad game though, so both can play their part, especially Odubajo, who can cover several positions. If we play the same system, we’ll need to be looking at 15 goals from each wide position. That’s what he got from Kodija and Snodgrass

Until we see some actual arrivals, it’s difficult to fathom how Bruce might set us up If anything can deduced from the 4 rumoured signings, maybe we won’t be going with his favoured 4-3-3 (4+5-1) That might change though, when we see who actually arrives 

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well I agree with you about pace, we desperately need some of that. Both Odubajo and Harris would provide that, but they don’t provide enough goals for a wide player, certainly not in Bruce’s previous systems with one up top. It is a squad game though, so both can play their part, especially Odubajo, who can cover several positions. If we play the same system, we’ll need to be looking at 15 goals from each wide position. That’s what he got from Kodija and Snodgrass

Snodgrass only got 4 goals last year, 8 in 17/18 and 9 in 16/17...

Basically the same stats as Reach

Edited by Minton