theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

11 minutes ago, flo said:

Breaking news, Daniel Mancini signs for Sheffield Wednesday. 

on Football Manager? :ph34r:

Think some people must have their eyes painted on. We had a player who made good intelligent runs in behind the defence but was made to look stupid  most of the time by our inability to either see the run or make the pass. 

For all his faults Matais (sp?) constantly made that run in behind yet nine times out of ten he was left looking like a prize plum as when the ball eventually arrived he was offside. This despite having the likes of Bannan, Reach and FF in the side. I’m not saying MM would have done much with the ball mind but that this was one part of his game that was too good for the rest of our players. 

• Agree 9

5 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Factual or bulls**t ?

Factual

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Transfer fees are paid over the length of the contract

8 million signing on a 4 year contract, we pay Boro 2 million per year for 4 years

Most clubs work this way

Pretty sure this is for the purposes of FFP only. Any sort of payment plan can be set up between the buying and the selling club.

7 minutes ago, flo said:

Factual

image.jpeg.8383f293fe4c4f3f1859bf253cc51665.jpeg?

For accounting purposes the cost of an asset goes through the books over the assets lifetime so a player on a four year contract the money goes through a quarter each of the four years even if it has been paid for in a cash lump sum.

I have often wondered whether anybody pays in instalments.

• Thanks 1

Googled that and nearly crapped my pants. Abdi....

mancini.JPG

12 hours ago, s6 owl said:

I wouldn't be against selling him for good money but frustratingly FF under Bielsa would light up this league.

Until his hamstring goes. 

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If we are borrowing off Villa, I really hope its Hourihane

Hourihane will cut it in the prem. 

15 minutes ago, flo said:

Factual

Thats 4 overseas players you’ve said we’ve signed now.

I love a good overseas misfit rumour/signing.

Until I see them play anyway.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Thats 4 overseas players you’ve said we’ve signed now.

I love a good overseas misfit rumour/signing.

Until I see them play anyway.

Yeah I'm just coming up with signings that sound sort of legitimate to try and get it in the star and also to keep people busy if they want something to talk about. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

The remainder of the transfer fee is payable on any sale

So whereas we would be paying Boro 2 million this year if we kept him

The full 4 million becomes payable on sale

In simple terms, we were expecting to pay Boro 2 million this season, a sale would mean we have to cough up 4 million

:Sid: The fee was £6m.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 1

Will we get to 300 pages before any official announcements are made of any signing.... WTF:

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Think some people must have their eyes painted on. We had a player who made good intelligent runs in behind the defence but was made to look stupid  most of the time by our inability to either see the run or make the pass. 

For all his faults Matais (sp?) constantly made that run in behind yet nine times out of ten he was left looking like a prize plum as when the ball eventually arrived he was offside. This despite having the likes of Bannan, Reach and FF in the side. I’m not saying MM would have done much with the ball mind but that this was one part of his game that was too good for the rest of our players. 

Then he gets called crap for it.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Will we get to 300 pages before any official announcements are made of any signing.... WTF:

Yes. Rumours of Joao Gamboa. Defensive Midfielder

Leeds offer a playing deal to Totti. Ridiculous.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Leeds offer a playing deal to Totti. Ridiculous.

Great. Pencil them in for another 10 live sky games then.

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Understand what your saying but for 4 years he was with us he spent the equivalent of two of them injured. With the financial constraints we have we cannot carry a player like Matias, when he played he was a handful and scored a few goals last season but. With Fletcher, fessi, Joao, Rhodes, Nuihu on the books we have to make savings.

In 4 season at the club Matias has made 41 starts in the league and 28 sub appearances out of a possible 184, so played in only 37.5% of the games - this is probably the main reason he is no longer at the club. 

• Agree 2