Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

45 minutes ago, 442 said:

Harris has signed. 

Been in Sheffield over night.

12 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

I can tell you 100% Harris hasn't signed for Sheffield Wednesday yet.

Oh yes he has....

Oh no he hasn’t 

lol

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Understand what your saying but for 4 years he was with us he spent the equivalent of two of them injured. With the financial constraints we have we cannot carry a player like Matias, when he played he was a handful and scored a few goals last season but. With Fletcher, fessi, Joao, Rhodes, Nuihu on the books we have to make savings.

In 4 season at the club Matias has made 41 starts in the league and 28 sub appearances out of a possible 184, so played in only 37.5% of the games - this is probably the main reason he is no longer at the club. 

Wasn't commenting on whether MM should have stayed or not, just making the point that we had a player (when fit) that constantly made the runs that a few on this thread are saying that we didn't. I sit bang on the half way line high up in the North and it used to frustrate the hell out of me to watch MM make that perfect run only for one of our lot to take an extra one or two passes or not see the run. Yeah it's a piece of wee wee sat high up in the stand where you can see everything mind, but for all our (supposed?) creative players they were more often than not blind to the run.

Would love for us to look into both Luke McCormick and Charlie Brown (what a fantastic name) from Chelsea. 

Brown has lit up the UEFA youth league scoring 12 goals in 9 games with goal around every 50 minutes of play time. 

McCormick looks to be a very solid box to box midfielder with great passing range, tackling ability and a eye for goal as well. Very Frank Lampard-esque.

Obviously with everything that’s going on with Chelsea at the minute it would be unlikely to see any movement anytime soon but could see these lads going out on loan and doing well for themselves next season either here or abroad. 

Would be nice for Wednesday to secure themselves a Tammy Abraham/Mason Mount for the upcoming season rather than sitting back and watching other teams get the rub of the green from premier league loans. Feel like Bruce is the man to make this happen as well.  

• Like 1

Just now, Walt said:

Wasn't commenting on whether MM should have stayed or not, just making the point that we had a player (when fit) that constantly made the runs that a few on this thread are saying that we didn't. I sit bang on the half way line high up in the North and it used to frustrate the hell out of me to watch MM make that perfect run only for one of our lot to take an extra one or two passes or not see the run. Yeah it's a piece of wee wee sat high up in the stand where you can see everything mind, but for all our (supposed?) creative players they were more often than not blind to the run.

TBF MM often had the ball out wide in plenty of space and then made little of it. I often thought his control wasn't that great thus negating the advantage he had gained through pace.

2 minutes ago, CharlieOwl said:

Would love for us to look into both Luke McCormick and Charlie Brown (what a fantastic name) from Chelsea. 

Brown has lit up the UEFA youth league scoring 12 goals in 9 games with goal around every 50 minutes of play time. 

McCormick looks to be a very solid box to box midfielder with great passing range, tackling ability and a eye for goal as well. Very Frank Lampard-esque.

Obviously with everything that’s going on with Chelsea at the minute it would be unlikely to see any movement anytime soon but could see these lads going out on loan and doing well for themselves next season either here or abroad. 

Would be nice for Wednesday to secure themselves a Tammy Abraham/Mason Mount for the upcoming season rather than sitting back and watching other teams get the rub of the green from premier league loans. Feel like Bruce is the man to make this happen as well.  

Doubt you'll see any loans from PL teams until towards the end of the window and the teams have more or less decided on their squads and deemed which youngsters they want to retain as squad players, particularly as u23 players don't have to be registered as part of the 25 man squads

8 minutes ago, Walt said:

Poor tactics from the coach?

What do people think of Harris then? If he does sign is it that impressive? The guy has hardly played any football for a 26 year old. According to transfrmarkt hes played the equivalent of 72 full games in his whole career. Not much at all. I know Warnock got the best out of him but he still wasn't that outstanding. I agree that his attributes are what we need but is there better available? 

Edited by TheEnchanter

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

What do people think of Harris then? If he does sign is it that impressive? The guy has hardly played any football for a 26 year old. Warnock got the best out of him maybe but still wasn't that outstanding. I agree that his attributes are what we need but is there better available? 

If that was his best, we aren’t setting our sights particularly high. A squad player, nothing more