Well done Nuhiu

11 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

We KNOW

Nuhiu isn't good enough , but he's what we have.

All the   "Hooper is better threads"

are total flippingnonsense cos he's 

not available. , ergo It's Hooper that's no bloody use isn't it?

or am I missing something ?

Shuurrrup, hooper's better :CEO:

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I would argue that Nuhiu has won us far more games from the bench than Winnall has, and his general awkwardness often makes him difficult to handle In truth, none of the three are good enough for an aspiring top six side, but it’s unrealistic to think we can get rid of them all. The most saleable is Winnall, and it would be good to lose Fletcher’s wages

Nuihu has had far more chances than Winnall to win it from the bench. I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen this season fro Nuihu and, apart from 2 or 3 games, his attitude, demeanour and performances have been extremely poor. For those reasons he needs showing the door.

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Nuihu has had far more chances than Winnall to win it from the bench. I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen this season fro Nuihu and, apart from 2 or 3 games, his attitude, demeanour and performances have been extremely poor. For those reasons he needs showing the door.

None of the three are good enough to be starters, and I’m not sure I agree about the attitude thing. Just trying to be pragmatic, and if we had to keep one to use from the bench, then Nuhiu gets my vote. Steve Bruce will definitely be targeting a new centre forward

Some games though managers stick him on near the end when we are under pressure to help at defensive set play,we always need Fletch or Atdhe in the defensive areas as we are a bit light weight in and around the box.take the WBA game ,Nuihu went off having scored,Sam Winnall comes on and misses the defensive header and they score. 

5 minutes ago, cookeh said:

And I think you're missing the point.

Just being on the pitch should not be the minimum we expect from our players.

Just being on the pitch won't see us anywhere near the top of the league.

Notts County have plenty of players who are just on the pitch and they're bottom of League Two.

If Nuhiu is the best we have then we should be worried.

If he's not the best we have.. then we should be wondering why Winnall is sat on the bench.

No it  is you that is missing the point

Your statement of 'Just being on the pitch...' I would agree with, completely. And nowhere am I saying that Nuhiu is 'the best we have' . What i am saying is that you cannot judge anyone UNLESS they are on the pitch or available. If they are not, then their usefulness to us is ZERO!. You can only p=ss with the pr=ck you've got, not someone else's.

I’m not convinced by Winnall, for a lot of the same reasons I was sceptical about Rhodes. Can see a similar situation happening for him as well, with less and less clubs at this level wanting that type of striker We need to cash in now, and not leave it until his only options are league one Times are changing 

Edited by gurujuan

6 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

No it  is you that is missing the point

Your statement of 'Just being on the pitch...' I would agree with, completely. And nowhere am I saying that Nuhiu is 'the best we have' . What i am saying is that you cannot judge anyone UNLESS they are on the pitch or available. If they are not, then their usefulness to us is ZERO!. You can only p=ss with the pr=ck you've got, not someone else's.

So try and write it in a sensible way..

Adthe's achievement is being the pr=ck we've got.

But not the best one.

Just being the one who happened to be on the pitch at the time.

Adthe's 90 minutes consisted of being a lemon up front.
Utterly fluking a goal.
and almost handing Luton a goal by coming back to defend and letting his man just walk away from him, fortunately missing the simplest of tap ins.

He's garbage.

He shouldn't be on the pitch.

The OP i replied to suggested he was better than Abdi because at least Nuhiu was on the pitch.

That's not good enough.
We had Matias and Winnall on the bench.

Nuhiu should not be playing and it's not good enough just to be available. we have u21s who would benefit more from the 90 minutes, and probably contribute as much, if not more. And we wonder why kids like Hirst disappear off to other clubs, when we insist that Nuhiu's the only option. If we carry on like this Nuhiu will be our only option. Why would Borukov and Preston stick around to play 3rd fiddle to a guy who isn't particularly good at anything?

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not convinced by Winnall, for a lot of the same reasons I was sceptical about Rhodes. Can see a similar situation happening for him as well, with less and less clubs at this level wanting that type of striker We need to cash in now, and not leave it until his only options are league one Times are changing 

Needs service, just like Rhodes did.. and we don't really have anyone who can cross a ball still. Fox, just about.. but other than that the standard is poor.

2 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Needs service, just like Rhodes did.. and we don't really have anyone who can cross a ball still. Fox, just about.. but other than that the standard is poor.

Which maybe true, and probably one of the reasons I’m saying he’s a bad fit for us

Just now, gurujuan said:

Which maybe true, and probably one of the reasons I’m saying he’s a bad fit for us

Well.. Bruce sides tend to be 4231, with quality in the wide areas.

Adomah and Snodgrass, Clucas and Elmohamady

One with pace, one with quality on the ball.

It would seem safe to say we'll address this gap in our squad, and at that point it'd be silly to need to go out and find a striker to suit.

This debate will continue for however long he remains here. My opinion is he does what he does. Yes, he’s slow and ponderous at times but I think he’s a more intelligent footballer than people give him credit for and TBH I don’t think many defenders like playing against him. He’s been here for a while for a reason because the managers he’s played for all thought/think he could do a job for them. Personally I think if he got himself in the box more he would score more as he’s shown to be a scorer of scruffy goals of late the type you associate with a goal poacher.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

I think the haters will still hate even if he scored 30 a season.To even question how the ball went into the net.I'm sure if Mo Salah scored a goal with a deflected shot off a defender they wouldn't be scrutinising how it was lucky .As a fan I'm happy with the results nobody will ever know if winall would have come off the bench and scored.Some on here would have liked him to come on and nuhiu go off and see us get knocked out but they would probably be the same fans who would slag agnew off for subbing him.CRAZY

1 hour ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

I think the haters will still hate even if he scored 30 a season.To even question how the ball went into the net.I'm sure if Mo Salah scored a goal with a deflected shot off a defender they wouldn't be scrutinising how it was lucky .As a fan I'm happy with the results nobody will ever know if winall would have come off the bench and scored.Some on here would have liked him to come on and nuhiu go off and see us get knocked out but they would probably be the same fans who would slag agnew off for subbing him.CRAZY

Crazy? I think that is you. Let's just break your post down a little:

- You are comparing Nuihu to Salah - that's embarrassing, let's leave them out of the same sentence  

- Nuihu has been dreadful this season and despite a purple patch last season he has looked very poor value for his new contract 

- His goals ratio since joining is woeful - compare THAT to Salah's at Liverpool

- Not only has his goal scoring been poor, his work rate this season has been too

- You honestly think any fan wants to see us lose to 'point score' about Nuihu? What a moronic suggestion

He is the worst forward at the club, if people just removed emotion from the discussion we'd have a lot less of these discussions and just accept him for the cart horse he is.

6 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Crazy? I think that is you. Let's just break your post down a little:

- You are comparing Nuihu to Salah - that's embarrassing, let's leave them out of the same sentence  

- Nuihu has been dreadful this season and despite a purple patch last season he has looked very poor value for his new contract 

- His goals ratio since joining is woeful - compare THAT to Salah's at Liverpool

- Not only has his goal scoring been poor, his work rate this season has been too

- You honestly think any fan wants to see us lose to 'point score' about Nuihu? What a moronic suggestion

He is the worst forward at the club, if people just removed emotion from the discussion we'd have a lot less of these discussions and just accept him for the cart horse he is.

:stuwinky: