Well done Nuhiu

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

None of the three are good enough to be starters, and I’m not sure I agree about the attitude thing. Just trying to be pragmatic, and if we had to keep one to use from the bench, then Nuhiu gets my vote. Steve Bruce will definitely be targeting a new centre forward

I agree we need a more mobile, pacy forward but think we'll have to agree to disagree on Nuihu's role and contribution.

29 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Crazy? I think that is you. Let's just break your post down a little:

- You are comparing Nuihu to Salah - that's embarrassing, let's leave them out of the same sentence  

- Nuihu has been dreadful this season and despite a purple patch last season he has looked very poor value for his new contract 

- His goals ratio since joining is woeful - compare THAT to Salah's at Liverpool

- Not only has his goal scoring been poor, his work rate this season has been too

- You honestly think any fan wants to see us lose to 'point score' about Nuihu? What a moronic suggestion

He is the worst forward at the club, if people just removed emotion from the discussion we'd have a lot less of these discussions and just accept him for the cart horse he is.

spot on,and all true

39 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Crazy? I think that is you. Let's just break your post down a little:

- You are comparing Nuihu to Salah - that's embarrassing, let's leave them out of the same sentence  

- Nuihu has been dreadful this season and despite a purple patch last season he has looked very poor value for his new contract 

- His goals ratio since joining is woeful - compare THAT to Salah's at Liverpool

- Not only has his goal scoring been poor, his work rate this season has been too

- You honestly think any fan wants to see us lose to 'point score' about Nuihu? What a moronic suggestion

He is the worst forward at the club, if people just removed emotion from the discussion we'd have a lot less of these discussions and just accept him for the cart horse he is.

I think you are the emotional one pal.I didn't state that there was a comparison of salah and nuhiu the only comparison was the difference of opinion to how a goal is scored.How many other strikers goals come off defenders the thing was it was a shot towards goal.And to state that its moronic to think that people would rather lose so they could slag nuhiu off check out the old posts of people on here who were posting that they would rather us lose games to get Jos and cc out in the past.I'm afraid its you my friend who is embarrassing

31 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

I think you are the emotional one pal.I didn't state that there was a comparison of salah and nuhiu the only comparison was the difference of opinion to how a goal is scored.How many other strikers goals come off defenders the thing was it was a shot towards goal.And to state that its moronic to think that people would rather lose so they could slag nuhiu off check out the old posts of people on here who were posting that they would rather us lose games to get Jos and cc out in the past.I'm afraid its you my friend who is embarrassing

Yep, unfortunately there are a few on here who fall into that category but at the end of day , it's all opinions.

4 hours ago, cookeh said:

So try and write it in a sensible way..

Adthe's achievement is being the pr=ck we've got.

But not the best one.

Just being the one who happened to be on the pitch at the time.

Adthe's 90 minutes consisted of being a lemon up front.
Utterly fluking a goal.
and almost handing Luton a goal by coming back to defend and letting his man just walk away from him, fortunately missing the simplest of tap ins.

He's garbage.

He shouldn't be on the pitch.

The OP i replied to suggested he was better than Abdi because at least Nuhiu was on the pitch.

That's not good enough.
We had Matias and Winnall on the bench.

Nuhiu should not be playing and it's not good enough just to be available. we have u21s who would benefit more from the 90 minutes, and probably contribute as much, if not more. And we wonder why kids like Hirst disappear off to other clubs, when we insist that Nuhiu's the only option. If we carry on like this Nuhiu will be our only option. Why would Borukov and Preston stick around to play 3rd fiddle to a guy who isn't particularly good at anything?

Everyone understands we need better than Nuhiu....and I respect your opinion on him, he's not the best . I'll admit..

He happens to be an option, that option  earned us a fair bit of cash last night..allied to the fact that opposition managers have also said "They found him a handful" in the past...I would suggest their opinions carry more weight than yours or mine.

We need better..We need better all over the field..but once they..whoever they are , trot onto the field in a blue and white shirt, I swallow me misgivings and shout them on.

He's a divisive character amongst Owls fans, but at least he has been there time after time to let us form our opinions..unlike some others that sit there wasting money

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

Shame about the other 80 odd games where hes diabolical. 

Apps    Sub     Goals

2013/14       25        13        8

2014/15       31        12        8

2015/16       22        19        3

2016/17        2         18        0

2017/18       15        13       11

Looking at that I think diabolical is a bit steep. Tbf 2015/16 does look pretty crap, very crap even diabolical, but the overall picture?  2016/17 was when he used to get chucked only with a few minutes left. 

Thing with me is when I see a side with no pace or flair in it like last nights line up then I just think urgghh turgid poo. I don't mind Nuhiu playing if we have players like FF, Joao and Matias trying to get up in support. Fletcher and Nuhiu as a front two seems like a throw back to the lump it long days. 

Nuhiu - Wednesday's very own Brexit debate - dividing the fanbase in half. 

My view is he is a useful squad player - he gives something the other strikers don't. He is hit and miss. On his day he is a right handful and it is no coincidence that many managers over the years have said as much. When he is not on it he is often shockingly and embarrassingly bad. He is not Mo Salah (dur!) but he is usually fit and available. And yes last nights finish had a huge slice of luck and was unconvincing - a bit like the win we secured but we will take it 

At the moment he is a hundred times better than Gary Hooper.

Oh and unless I was whooshed last night why were some of our fans singing the Gary Hooper song. For all the good Hoops is to us at the moment you may as well sing the Gary Bannister song...

12 hours ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

last nights finish had a huge slice of luck and was unconvincing - a bit like the win we secured but we will take it

That's actually the bigger worry for me. Luton had the better chances and we were lucky to get away with the win. Sure, they're in good form, but i don't think anyone would argue we played particularly well.. yet Agnew came out after in the presser and said we were super smashing brilliant. Can't get Bruce in fast enough imo.

Yes well done. He ran around kicking everyone all match. The ball just bounced off him to score. 

Well done for scoring? Isn't that what we pay strikers to do? 

But this is dobbin. It's an insult to footballers to call him one. 

I must apologise to our equine friends as I'm sure they aren't happy at having a two legged cart horse called dobbin. 

Then again not many horses get 30k a week. 

Well done for a striker scoring. Don't be ludicrous 

23 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Yes well done. He ran around kicking everyone all match. The ball just bounced off him to score. 

Well done for scoring? Isn't that what we pay strikers to do? 

But this is dobbin. It's an insult to footballers to call him one. 

I must apologise to our equine friends as I'm sure they aren't happy at having a two legged cart horse called dobbin. 

Then again not many horses get 30k a week. 

Well done for a striker scoring. Don't be ludicrous 

We will never achieve anything whilst Nuhiu is getting game time. Absolutely awful footballer. Ability wise he's one of the worst I've ever seen play for Wednesday. 

Guest wilyfox

He's not one of the worst, but I think he has some negative traits of the modern-day footballer. In his purple patch last year, Atdhe said he wasn't doing anything different. Clearly, he was. Some players only motivate themselves when it suits. 

On 16/01/2019 at 17:08, asteener1867 said:

Everyone understands we need better than Nuhiu....and I respect your opinion on him, he's not the best . I'll admit..

He happens to be an option, that option  earned us a fair bit of cash last night..allied to the fact that opposition managers have also said "They found him a handful" in the past...I would suggest their opinions carry more weight than yours or mine.

We need better..We need better all over the field..but once they..whoever they are , trot onto the field in a blue and white shirt, I swallow me misgivings and shout them on.

He's a divisive character amongst Owls fans, but at least he has been there time after time to let us form our opinions..unlike some others that sit there wasting money

My opinions exactly. He's rarely injured, never moans, loves the club and does what he's asked to.  He doesn't pick himself does he, several managers have thought he has something to offer and he always gives 100%.  FWIW I think he is unfairly treated by referees too, they seem to think because he's big that in a tussle it must be him who is the offender.  We need better than Palmer, Fox, Pelupessy but until we get better they should be encouraged.