Agnew on recruitment

2 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

There is no chance Steve Bruce is here to manage on a shoestring. I think we can fairly safely assume that a bit of tweaking has been done in order to give us some leeway. After all, Mr Chansiri himself stated we would be in trouble if we didn’t go up this year. I’ve been a big critic of his, but he’s put the first steps in place towards turning this ship around, appointing an experienced and proven manager for this league.

Regardless of Bruce we aren't going up this season

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

Don’t actually think we need many changes. Will be quite happy with three, even two if that’s two new full backs. No point bringing players in on loan unless it’s with a view to signing in the summer, so that narrows it down straight away and any full transfers are going to be limited by finance, so it will be difficult to improve drastically on what we have. 

Two permanent replacements for Hooper and Lee who can actually make it on to the pitch 

28 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Who said we were?

Me! , I still believe if we can keep the momentum from the last 4 league games going and bring in a couple of influential loan signings we can still make those play offs . 

29 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Who said we were?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

He also said he didnt think there would be many changes.......................hopefully there is something happening and he is just downplaying it.

Politicians answer. 

First he’s keeping out of it and concentrating on Hull tomorrow.

Then HE didn’t think (but he’s supposedly not involved anyway)

Then not MANY rather not ANY.

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Dominic Iorfa available on loan and is free in the summer, big, strong right back and an improvement on what we have, Wolves are happy for him to leave and if we get in now could be a steal of a signing for us.

Was going to mention Iorfa the other day when a rb/cb was mentioned. Looked decent before all the foreigners chipped up at Wolves.

38 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Was going to mention Iorfa the other day when a rb/cb was mentioned. Looked decent before all the foreigners chipped up at Wolves.

I always thought Iorfa was a little too tall for a full back. Don’t know, as I’ve never played in that position, but maybe someone who has could tell me. Think he’s about six foot four and a half

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I always thought Iorfa was a little too tall for a full back. Don’t know, as I’ve never played in that position, but maybe someone who has could tell me. Think he’s about six foot four and a half

I played rb all my career and I am 5 foot 4 which as we all know, is the perfect height. 6ft 4 is a bit tall but if he's athletic, can tackle, has good positional play and can cross a ball he is ok by me.