Steve Bruce to be confirmed in next 24 hours

THe more I think about it the happier I am, for many reasons.

- 4 promotions (plus, I think, 2 play-off qualifications)

- a big name and strong character who’ll command a lot of respect

- always comes across as honest, decent and likeable

- vast experience and one would assume has therefore built very good connections with top clubs

- has managed similar sized clubs before and often spoken positively about Wednesday 

- his willingness to join us suggests we’re maybe not in as much strife behind the scenes as some would think

- has very recent experience (Villa, Hull) of working for let’s call them ‘controversial’ foreign owners 

- we know he’s a big fan of Forestieri and Bannan in particular so hopefully can get the very best out of them 

All in all I’m well pleased. If we’d got the 12 points we deserved over Xmas I’d be touting us for the playoffs probably! 

34 minutes ago, pachyderm said:

5 folks laughed at this but he's brought in 8 points in our last four matches... 

By basically playing the players we have.  Good for Bullen, exactly the refreshing tonic needed after the drab drowsiness of Jos ball - but let's be fair, he'd be of little use with in match tactics and player recruitment over a more extended period of work.

9 hours ago, pachyderm said:

Tell me again why Bullen can't do this job? 

Agree it's tempting with what he's doing at present and maybe there's a manager in there. But we need someone with contacts who can sort out the poor recruitment over the past 2 years.

Could be time for Bullen to go apply for manager's jobs now. He's got the monkey off his back from his caretaker spell last year (don't blame him personally- everyone was injured!)

5 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Agree it's tempting with what he's doing at present and maybe there's a manager in there. But we need someone with contacts who can sort out the poor recruitment over the past 2 years.

This is a key thing for me, we may be paying £2m a year but hopefully it brings his ability to sign decent players.

Seems strange we also had the reports in the media that he wouldn’t be coming until the end of the month and now he is set to be appointed today. Excited by this. A manager with championship experience and a good record in the league is what the majority of us have wanted for a long time.