That Goal

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Why would Dawson have come for it when it was right on Winnall’s head?

That goal was 100% Winnall’s fault.  Completely misjudged it.  Presumably due to not having his timing back yet.

Winnall was covering the area that big Dave had done until he was substituted. Would Dave have headed it away? Probably, but it's gone now. Onto Brum Tuesday 

• Like 1

Just now, Stockyowl said:

Winnall was covering the area that big Dave had done until he was substituted. Would Dave have headed it away? Probably, but it's gone now. Onto Brum Tuesday 

Fletcher should have come on for Nuhiu. He'd have cleared it and we'd have won.

That game was not the one to bring Winnall back into.

2 hours ago, bob C said:

I know some people on here will disagree, and I know he made some fine stops during the other 94 mins , but dear oh dear , he will have nightmares over that goal , at any level of football , any ball from a corner to the centre of the six yard box, is a keepers ball the defenders were waiting for the call that ,presumably, never came , third choice keeper for me  and that is because I have only seen three of our keepers

Your first post in over 3 years!!WTF:

Looked back at posts over 2 or 3 previous years, every one a criticism of our team or managers.

100% PIG.

1 minute ago, Barr Grylls said:

Either way Jones is at fault

Well no not really. He should have put his foot through it granted.

But Winnall should have cleared the ball first. And Palmer should have let the ball go out and not kick it for a corner in the first place.

Also Bannan should have killed the game earlier instesd for wasting it.

No one is to blame pal. It's football stuff like this happen.

29 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

'honest Owl'...... OK Bob!

Spot on Boy wonder , bob c is on my laptop and honest owl my phone 

I had forgotten about the bob c one as you can see not used it for years

but can assure everyone not pork 

but just get a little frustrated with injury time goals against ffs the points were there for the taking 

but hey ho 

onwards and upwards 

UTO

Having seen it back, it was bad defending all round but I felt Dawson should've punched it.

Similar happened against Preston and Westwood got a clean punch on it and we cleared it.

Westwood presences calms to the defence, Dawson doesn't even communicate. He's scared to put his body on the line.

2 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

Having seen it back, it was bad defending all round but I felt Dawson should've punched it.

Similar happened against Preston and Westwood got a clean punch on it and we cleared it.

Westwood presences calms to the defence, Dawson doesn't even communicate. He's scared to put his body on the line.

Carefull Liam 

you will get villified on here daring to criticise Dawson 

the torch and pitch fork mob will be round your house 

LOL

The ball was there to be attacked and cleared by either goal keeper or defender. No one did and it basically ended up hitting Jones and going in. Poor goal to give away full stop without needing to attach blame to anyone. Even worse when it was in the 95th minute.

We live to fight another day and the best thing is we have a game on Wednesday to hit straight back.

3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

How Dawson could have anticipated Jones slicing it into his own net whilst not being under pressure is beyond me...I suppose it doesn't go with the Dawson scapegoat mode

Jones didn't slice anything it hit him and went in 

Jesus the experts on here the club should employ the lot we'd be European Champions in 2 seasons 

It was an unfortunate way to draw a game crap happens deal with it