Sign in to follow this  
bob C

That Goal

6 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

I wouldn’t disagree with this. I also think some of the blame lies with Bullen. Nuhiu is excellent at defending corners. Winall

coming on was a complete waste of time. 

Fletcher wouldn't have missed that defensive header. I'm not quite sure why Winnall came on really, other than the novelty factor of letting him make his long awaited comeback. Great to see him back of course it is but we needed the ball to stick at the top which Fletch is far better at - if he wasn't able to even play for the last 10 minutes there was no point in naming him on the bench. 

It's very harsh on both Bullen and Winnall to say with hindsight that bringing him on instead of Fletcher cost us the win, but... it did. 

17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Winnalls header to win for me. 

Been out for months. Not going to be overly harsh on him.

Misjudges it. Hits Brunt/Jones. 

Swazzes into the corner. 

Happens. 

Think we're too wrapped in trying  to apportion blame/praise to personally preferred keepers to see what's actually happening at times.

Bang on as ever M'Lord

Why does there always have to be a scapegoat on here 

22 hours ago, bradowl said:

I thought we made a mistake taking Nuhui off, he's just the player we wanted for defending corners, also comes in handy for holding ball up in closing stages, I know he sometimes looks knackered but he always keeps going right till end.

You didn't hear Bullens interview then when he told us Atty had run himself into the ground ?

Hindsight is such a wonderful critical tool 

19 hours ago, Ian said:

I love the fact that you can tell if a keeper is communicating with his defence from your front room listening to radio Sheffield 

I was at the game but don't let that get in the way of your thinking...

2 hours ago, LiamK2292 said:

I was at the game but don't let that get in the way of your thinking...

Ah, I do apologise.......of course you would be able to hear the players talking at the other end of the ground.....how foolish of me to think otherwise,

Edited by Ian