That Goal

Whilst its over and done with now.

For me its Brunts goal. Jones is stood with his legs apart trying to hold Brunt off and Brunt kicks it.

On the replay concentrate only on Brunts left leg and watch him flick the ball just as it lands.

Unsurprisingly old Brunt reacts quicker than old Jones.

Guest Willow Owl
10 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Didn’t look like everybody was giving all to stop a goal. 

On a higher level if you are outfield player who makes you listen more KW or CD. Clear answer is KW, as CD only complains after we concede. 

And you actually believe that? KW didn't play did he, why? Had a few aches and pains. Ah bless him. Was a great keeper but if the only reason you want him in the side is because he shouts then Wow

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, LiamK2292 said:

Having seen it back, it was bad defending all round but I felt Dawson should've punched it.

Similar happened against Preston and Westwood got a clean punch on it and we cleared it.

Westwood presences calms to the defence, Dawson doesn't even communicate. He's scared to put his body on the line.

The Westwood punch was far easier as was lobbed gently in to the box allowing him time to come and punch clear. Where as the one yesterday was fired in flat and in swinging to the near post. What about the one KW flapped at earlier in the same game against Preston and his woeful kicking, which conveniently gets forgotten, Dawson would have been slaughtered for the same things. 

Saying Dawson is scared is absolute round uns and I saw no communication issues between him and his defence yesterday. Dawson's postioning was fine for a flat quick inswinging corner where we had 8 defenders. The issues were Winnall missing his header at the near post and Jones not reacting quickly enough. To blame Dawson is just scapegoating. 

Just a quick question for you. Why is Westwood unable to put his body on the line for 3 games on the spin after not playing for 12 months. Great keeper but maybe this is the main issue going forward (Reliability). 

Just to clarify, a fit and firing Westwood would be my number 1, but the treatment and constant slating of Dawson is really counter productive and putting it bluntly, F.... N W.. K by some of our fan base. 

Winnalls header to win for me. 

Been out for months. Not going to be overly harsh on him.

Misjudges it. Hits Brunt/Jones. 

Swazzes into the corner. 

Happens. 

Think we're too wrapped in trying  to apportion blame/praise to personally preferred keepers to see what's actually happening at times.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Swazzes into the corner. 

Happens. 

Think we're too wrapped in trying  to apportion blame/praise to personally preferred keepers to see what's actually happening at times.

This 100%

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

And you actually believe that? KW didn't play did he, why? Had a few aches and pains. Ah bless him. Was a great keeper but if the only reason you want him in the side is because he shouts then Wow

@The Captain

Can you explain what you disagree with

Edited by Willow Owl
Wrong wording

Just watched it and have to say a keeper should be punching, catching that all day long. Any ball within 6 yards of the centre of goal has got to be dominated by the keeper. The chances of making a point blank miracle save are very remote from there.  Whereas a 6ft keepers outstretched arm will out jump any opposition all the time. Danger eliminated easily.

Cameron is a fantastic prospect but needs to learn from stuff like this. Dominate your area cam. It's what will make you a brilliant keeper from now.

On the plus side, that point for what may be the difference between automatic and play offs for the pigs come may lol

7 hours ago, LiamK2292 said:

Having seen it back, it was bad defending all round but I felt Dawson should've punched it.

Similar happened against Preston and Westwood got a clean punch on it and we cleared it.

Westwood presences calms to the defence, Dawson doesn't even communicate. He's scared to put his body on the line.

I love the fact that you can tell if a keeper is communicating with his defence from your front room listening to radio Sheffield 

Dead spozzy,we could have stopped it,we didnt ,they could have stopped ours, they didnt,was a REAL punch in the nutz at the time,two games against WBA this season and we had them both won,and somehow the bar of soap squirmed through our fingers right at the end......we take it on the chin and move on,it cant be undone.

I thought wed get mullered 4 nowt in both games,but weve had em on the ropes both times,just didnt knock em out

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bob C said:

I know some people on here will disagree, and I know he made some fine stops during the other 94 mins , but dear oh dear , he will have nightmares over that goal , at any level of football , any ball from a corner to the centre of the six yard box, is a keepers ball the defenders were waiting for the call that ,presumably, never came , third choice keeper for me  and that is because I have only seen three of our keepers

I wouldn’t disagree with this. I also think some of the blame lies with Bullen. Nuhiu is excellent at defending corners. Winall

coming on was a complete waste of time. 

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Swazzes into the corner. 

Happens. 

6 hours ago, oldishowl said:

You could argue that subbing Nuhiu cost us the goal as he normally defends the near post position at corners and would probably have cleared it.

However like a lot of this thread football is full of ifs, buts and maybe’s

The excellent work that Nuhiu, Fletcher and Joao do at defensive set-pieces is underestimated by many.

6 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

I wouldn’t disagree with this. I also think some of the blame lies with Bullen. Nuhiu is excellent at defending corners. Winall

coming on was a complete waste of time. 

Fletcher wouldn't have missed that defensive header. I'm not quite sure why Winnall came on really, other than the novelty factor of letting him make his long awaited comeback. Great to see him back of course it is but we needed the ball to stick at the top which Fletch is far better at - if he wasn't able to even play for the last 10 minutes there was no point in naming him on the bench. 

It's very harsh on both Bullen and Winnall to say with hindsight that bringing him on instead of Fletcher cost us the win, but... it did.