That Goal

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Interesting post history you have Bob, nice of you to come out of the woodwork to start a thread slagging one of our players off after we have seemingly turned a positive corner this past couple of weeks.........

If you read my original post I commented on how well he played for all but a mad moment 

keep up the good detective work SYP are always looking for good men like you 

Just now, pgmetcalf said:

Thought it was Jones' fault. As a defender you have to attack every ball and whack it anywhere, the farer the better. What you don't do is wait for the ball to come to you or even, heaven forbid, let it bounce 

Easy to say that. Jones, like Dawson, will have expected that to be headed away at the front post. After Winnall misses his header it’s probably at DJ’s feet less than 1 second later 

The error came at the near post 

Cams and Reach must think themselves lucky that they don’t play in Colombia. The Reach haters appear to have crawled back under their stones for now, however Cams can’t do anything right, everything is his fault, I wouldn’t blame the lad if he asked to leave the club that he loves.  

2 hours ago, bob C said:

I know some people on here will disagree, and I know he made some fine stops during the other 94 mins , but dear oh dear , he will have nightmares over that goal , at any level of football , any ball from a corner to the centre of the six yard box, is a keepers ball the defenders were waiting for the call that ,presumably, never came , third choice keeper for me  and that is because I have only seen three of our keepers

7 minutes ago, honest owl said:

If you read my original post I commented on how well he played for all but a mad moment 

My detective work indicates you have more than 1 username........

35 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Why would Dawson have come for it when it was right on Winnall’s head?

That goal was 100% Winnall’s fault.  Completely misjudged it.  Presumably due to not having his timing back yet.

This is factually correct. 

Although the corner could've been avoided by Bannan not wasting the 3 on 1 chance to either score or run down the clock. 

Palmer could've given a throw instead.

Nowt to do with Dawson.

2 hours ago, bob C said:

I know some people on here will disagree, and I know he made some fine stops during the other 94 mins , but dear oh dear , he will have nightmares over that goal , at any level of football , any ball from a corner to the centre of the six yard box, is a keepers ball the defenders were waiting for the call that ,presumably, never came , third choice keeper for me  and that is because I have only seen three of our keepers

15 minutes ago, honest owl said:

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

My detective work indicates you have more than 1 username........

the-plot-thickens.jpg

Just now, cognacbarnowl said:

Beat me to it, lol  we could become the new Bodie and Doyle ffs lol lol 

We could play good cop/bad cop!

Maybe this guy has got a username for positive posts and a different one for negative posts and has got the 2 mixed up. Bad times when you get tangled up in your own web. :ghoulguy:

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

All fair points and worthy of debate but is it worthy of starting a whole new thread dedicated to this?

You look at the history of the OP and ask yourself why, after we have taken 7 points from 3 games, against an in-form team climbing the table and 2 top 6 teams, he chooses to make this his first post in 3 years.

I don't live in sheffield, and thus don't have this inter- city rivalry.

I know pig fans at work, and call them 'piggies' to see them squirm (but it means lil' or nothing to me).

I've only ever looked in on the pig forum once, that was in response to someone on here stating 'it hurt his eyes' when he did, and he was correct too.

if a pig, toytowner, or dingle (with other that banjo skills) comes on here, he's more time to waste than me.

you are correct though in 'outing' him for doing so, I was merely pointing out dawson isn't the finished product (and i'm sure you know that) and needs hard work on his game.

i'm surprised that he has actually got this far with his skills under a high ball, he needs 100% work on it, until he corrects it he will be under high balls and crosses whenever he has a spell in the team.

The ball should never have been at that end of the field. For a player of Bannans quality and experience to waste possession with a Hollywood shot is criminal.

As a team we need to learn how to close out a game in areas of the pitch where we are not under threat.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Bad defending all round.

Dawson could/should have punched it.

Winnall could/should have headed it.

Jones could/should have blocked it.

We could/should have had a man on the post. 

Also, and I've only seen it once in real time from behind the goal at the opposite end so stand to be corrected, I thought Palmer giving away the corner in the first place was needless,  it looked like he could have either left the cross without their man getting to it or put it out for a throw instead of kicking it out for a corner. 

All of this is true. Palmer should've avoided giving away the corner, there was a similar incident moments later when he had to race to prevent another corner... should've done the same on this one.

Sloppy that Winnall misses the header, yet again Dawson not coming out to punch. There's all Wednesday around where that ball lands, yet Brunt slips a leg through Jones' and flicks that one in..

Sloppy defending by all indeed, gutted after such a spirited performance.