Presuming Bruce says yes

Were chatting amongst ourselves on the Kop at halftime.

You would presume if Bruce has agreed, he has been given some assurances, I doubt he would walk into a club that was about to implode, his reputation can't really afford that, even if he can.

So I wonder what DC has told him?

Surely he can't have carried on with his "I'm selling up" scenario?..unless theres a buyer already in place?

Gonna be an interesting yuletide period

Have been thinking the same. 

Good pay or not, I don't see Bruce taking any job without some guarantees and assurances going forward. 

This isn't some desperate chancer or a bloke getting his first job in football; this is a bloke with four promotions to his name and a good reputation in the game. 

I think he will have had the backing and reassurances from the chairman to manager and reshape the squad 

but he will know he will have to generate his own income to reshape it 

the chairman will back him 100% to what FFP allows 

end of day he inherits a good squad out of form I think we lack width but with hutch westwood reinstalled and bannan forestieri coming back soon and maybe Winnal and lee were strong through the centre of played right 

our left could also be seen as ok pudil fox penny reach thorniley bannan matias forestieri can all play somewhere down the left 

if we can get that kind of strength down the right we will be a very good team 

in Bruce we trust 

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Can’t imagine his coaches being there in the director’s box yesterday unless he’s already agreed.

I can....

"Lads I can't make the game due to family commitments....Chansiri has said "I have to work with what i've got"..."Go have a look see on what Ive got"

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think he will have had the backing and reassurances from the chairman to manager and reshape the squad 

but he will know he will have to generate his own income to reshape it 

the chairman will back him 100% to what FFP allows 

end of day he inherits a good squad out of form I think we lack width but with hutch westwood reinstalled and bannan forestieri coming back soon and maybe Winnal and lee were strong through the centre of played right 

our left could also be seen as ok pudil fox penny reach thorniley bannan matias forestieri can all play somewhere down the left 

if we can get that kind of strength down the right we will be a very good team 

in Bruce we trust 

Thought Matias did ok on the right yesterday and with central midfielders returning it seems obvious that Reach should play an attacking left side role.

17 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You would presume if Bruce has agreed, he has been given some assurances, I doubt he would walk into a club that was about to implode, his reputation can't really afford that, even if he can.

Surely he can't have carried on with his "I'm selling up" scenario?..unless theres a buyer already in place?

He never said he was selling up in the first place.

16 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Exactly why I said he wouldn’t come. However it looks odds on he is coming. As Sinatra said something’s gotta give. 

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Thought he mooted at the meeting last week

https://www.google.com/search?q=Chansiri+says+he's+selling&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB760GB760&oq=Chansiri+says+he's+selling&aqs=chrome..69i57.9200j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by asteener1867

9 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Thought Matias did ok on the right yesterday and with central midfielders returning it seems obvious that Reach should play an attacking left side role.

I though he did too

I also think reach plays well down there too I think sometimes what we lack is options to change things up and I think if we could have a right back that gets at their full backs more or a different option on the bench we would be stronger 

to be fair probably one paces direct right back that over laps and allows reach and matias to do their thing would maybe give us the squad we need 

I don’t know why but I see bother Palmer as the back up rotation type and Baker isn’t there yet he’s too similar we actually miss Hunt 

19 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Direct quote from the meeting

DC: "I will put this club on the market. I believe many people want to buy. Whoever wants to buy me offers for a good price. I feel I am not good enough. While I’m here I will do my best."

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Direct quote from the meeting

DC: "I will put this club on the market. I believe many people want to buy. Whoever wants to buy me offers for a good price. I feel I am not good enough. While I’m here I will do my best."

Let's not do this again 

toppOwl had a full blown meltdown a few days ago.

For what it's worth, I suspect this was Chansiri throwing his toys out the pram and saying the first thing which popped into his head. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Let's not do this again 

toppOwl had a full blown meltdown a few days ago.

For what it's worth, I suspect this was Chansiri throwing his toys out the pram and saying the first thing which popped into his head. 

I was just showing he actually said it...which is what I posted

42 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I can....

"Lads I can't make the game due to family commitments....Chansiri has said "I have to work with what i've got"..."Go have a look see on what Ive got"

He could have achieved that without sending 2 known faces, which is more likely to give the impression he’s already in place.

I can only see it as being a done deal, which taking into account what we could have ended up with I’m quite happy.

Shows the chairman is learning too!

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

He could have achieved that without sending 2 known faces, which is more likely to give the impression he’s already in place.

I can only see it as being a done deal, which taking into account what we could have ended up with I’m quite happy.

Shows the chairman is learning too!

Yea but if negotiations are taking place...Bruce is showing his interest by sending "his team"..

I get your point and I think its a done deal anyhow...and Chansiri has to take a bit of credit for that