Presuming Bruce says yes

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Have been thinking the same. 

Good pay or not, I don't see Bruce taking any job without some guarantees and assurances going forward. 

This isn't some desperate chancer or a bloke getting his first job in football; this is a bloke with four promotions to his name and a good reputation in the game. 

I cannot see him agreeing to take the job if he didnt have money to spend in January. 

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Can’t imagine his coaches being there in the director’s box yesterday unless he’s already agreed.

My thoughts as well. I assume Clemence and Agnew are still part of the 'team' with Bruce. Like I mentioned earlier, Paul Heckinbottom was also in a corporate box. Hope he was only  guest. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Let's not do this again 

toppOwl had a full blown meltdown a few days ago.

For what it's worth, I suspect this was Chansiri throwing his toys out the pram and saying the first thing which popped into his head. 

Exactly this, long evening, same questions being asked over and over again. Its more him saying "if i get a good offer ill sell, however while im here, ill do my best" nothing more than that. 

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I can....

"Lads I can't make the game due to family commitments....Chansiri has said "I have to work with what i've got"..."Go have a look see on what Ive got"

Maybe they gave him good reports after watching the game and he's chomping at the bit to start (well he'll be chomping something by the look of him) 

• Haha 3

Direct quote from the meeting

DC: "I will put this club on the market. I believe many people want to buy. Whoever wants to buy me offers for a good price. I feel I am not good enough. While I’m here I will do my best."

You could always try the actual words and not the media version: 

7429500E-F267-4A40-BB8A-1F059D5838A0.jpeg

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am surprised Bruce is coming.

We look like a side who are likely to be a mid table side for this season and next. 

Would have thought Bruce would be in no rush and bide his time to get a more likely promotion club.

Might mean finances not as restricted as we thought.

I am backing DC fully, the guy has made mistakes, repeatedly, but mistakes can be forgiven if he learns his lessons and he seems to be doing so. He has the money, bringing Bruce in confirms this, and if prices go down for a time which looks likely I am starting to realize this guys heart really is in the right place. I definitely think what he said re selling us was an ' if fans want me gone I will sell, it's official i will sell if they want me gone" translation, I for one dont want him gone, I think hes just getting started. UTO

17 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

But he still "said" what I quoted Tops...Thats all I meant

Those "Actual" words you quote are in the third person aren't they?

He didn’t the above is a summary of what lead to it, his words were “if the fans are not happy I will put the club up for sale” the media missed out six very key words, I heard him say it with my own ears if you want to believe the press version and keep requoting carry on, it’s 100% fake news.

Edited by toppOwl

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Were chatting amongst ourselves on the Kop at halftime.

You would presume if Bruce has agreed, he has been given some assurances, I doubt he would walk into a club that was about to implode, his reputation can't really afford that, even if he can.

So I wonder what DC has told him?

Surely he can't have carried on with his "I'm selling up" scenario?..unless theres a buyer already in place?

Gonna be an interesting yuletide period

It seems working the space of 4/5 days we've gone from being mangerless, ownerless and potless to offering one of the best managers outside of the prem a healthy salary. And most are convinced it's a done deal.

I hope most are right, because a week ago I had us as good as relegated.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

He didn’t the above is a summary of what lead to it, his words were “if the fans are not happy I will put the club up for sale” the media missed out six very key words, I heard him say it with my own ears if you want to believe the press version and keep requoting carry on, it’s 100% fake news.

So..like I said it was a scenario that was mooted?

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Any chairman in the league would sell if circumstances dictated for the press to shorten the quote to “I will sell” is total fabrication.

But me saying it was s scenario and saying it was "mooted"

isnt fabrication is it?

and that's the basis of the thread

Anybody who actually went, or read the quotes - knows that Chansiri isn’t putting the club up for sale. He has said pretty much the same thing before, and was laughable to see it on front page of the Star / sky sports news.

Bruce first game againsg Birmingham City. Got some money for wages, can generate a bit of money by letting one go.

• Thanks 1

But me saying it was s scenario and saying it was "mooted"

isnt fabrication is it?

and that's the basis of the thread

Twist it as many ways as you want but the chairman never said that the club is currently for sale so to persist in saying so is false.