Man United model

I think the best thing we could do right now is follow what Man Utd are doing. 

We’ll have a much better chance of getting a top manager in the summer and they’d also have a better chance of succeeding at this point as lots of the deadwood like Boyd/Jones/Lee/Abdi etc will be cleared off the wage bill. 

It would also give us time to appoint a Sporting Director so we get our recruitment in order before the summer. 

So just make an interim appointment now. Give it a club legend like Megson/Sheridan/Nillson until the end of the season and the boost should be enough to keep us up.  Then next season is a fresh start. 

7 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

We’ll have a much better chance of getting a top manager in the summer and they’d also have a better chance of succeeding at this point as lots of the deadwood like Boyd/Jones/Lee/Abdi etc will be cleared off the wage bill. 

It would also give us time to appoint a Sporting Director so we get our recruitment in order before the summer. 

So just make an interim appointment now. Give it a club legend like Megson/Sheridan/Nillson until the end of the season and the boost should be enough to keep us up.  Then next season is a fresh start. 

Bullen has it for the foreseeable future.

Difference is that Man U aren't going down so can afford to tick over until the end of the season & get their man then. As for us, I don't understand why anyone would think having Bullen or another stopgap  in charge until the end of the season would be a significant upgrade on the guy we just sacked  We could go down if the coaching doesn't go up a few levels

22 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

id hate to call kieran lee dead wood we miss him immensely 

45 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Ok mate, yes let's do that 

3 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Why would we want a Model of Man Utd?.

we've already had it this past year!

Mourinho & Lukahay both play dour football

Both split the squad alienating players

Do it my way or the highway

Both now sacked

Next!!!

The man they want won’t move until the summer so they’ve appointed someone whose only experience of managing in this country is a relegation on his cv. If he wasn’t a former player there’s no way he would have got this. Might as well have gone for Carlos. Man U not us. 

4 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Who is a top manager?

why would they be more likely to improve?

are we looking for a sporting director?