Onomah ?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
15 hours ago, Pod9 said:

Thought he was terrible and wasn’t surprised when he was dragged at half time 

The only midfielder who is terrible is Pelupessy, yet he gets a starting shift every week. JOS OUT!!

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thats embarrassing from Jos. By all accounts Onomah had a decent game. Great treatment of a young lad that.

This manager is so far out of his depth it’s as if the club are deliberately trying to ruin us. 

He did give the ball away a few times but grew into the game and at least wanted to take the ball in difficult areas and pass forwards. The Sky feed said he went off due to injury but Jos has obviously said it was for his performance which is ridiculous.

We had Hector and Jones on the bench and instead went with Matias. Although he scored that left us with Reach in midfield who hasn't got a tackle in him (not really his fault as he is a winger and it his not his game, Joey and Matias playing a bit further up - shouldn't be allowed back in his own half anyway given some of his decision making! Shocked Swansea dominated possession based on that.....

Bannan is banned for 2 games isn't he? I am hoping Jos is not in charge next game but if so who will he go with, one of the many midfielders he has frozen out or the loan player he has just lambasted?

If anyone wants to watch the match back (no idea why!) I have it available, to say he had no influence on the game is nonsense.

Has to be said though Pelupessy was definitely better than him and some of his forward passing was very decent, sorry to all those who love to slag him off, maybe not having Bannan by his side freed his shackles because this was the best Pelupessy in a passing sense I think I've seen so far.

Pelupessey did have a good game , putting Reach at the side of him was the big mistake , he completely loses his man for their first goal and doesn't get anywhere near the man who knocked the ball over the top for the second . 

Wonder if Jos mentions that in his ramblings .

6 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Jos is that clueless that he’s now blaming literally anyone and anything for our current situation. 

A few weeks ago you were asking the players to take more responsibility and try things. Now you’re slagging your players off in public for losing the ball. 

Absolutely flipping idiot.

Maybe he's getting pissed off with the players not performing and has tried other things...

I suppose Jos also counts the number of times Bannan's passes are intercepted then, or it is one rule for his favourites and a different set of rules for everyone else.

How does the saying go "A man who never makes a mistake never does anything" Isn't playing through balls what a creative midfield player like Onomah is supposed to do, leaving donkeys like Pelupessy to protect the defence?

I'm not even going to listen to my team on the radio till this clown is shown the door.

I didn’t go yesterday so can’t comment.

Have seen enough football to know that he has probably got more attributes than any other midfielder we have.

Strong, athletic and can play a bit.

Mentally he looks a bit fragile .

Typical loan signing that needs to be played and most  importantly supported by the manager.

Our manager demonstrating a total lack of man management with both our loanees who we need to be  playing.

12 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He is flipping tug.

What a waste of money. Send him back so we don't waste anymore on that joke excuse of a footballer.

Who do you suggest we play in midfield next Saturday given that the old guard are persona non grata, Bannan is banned, Joey tries but is not up to the level and the rest take a step back at the mere thought of a 50-50 challenge? 

9 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Have seen enough football to know that he has probably got more attributes than any other midfielder we have.

It's worth watching the match* to see just how much his performance summed up your comment to a tee, first 10 minutes, really nervous, very poor passing giving the ball away on simple passes four or five times, didn't move around too much, then he grew into the game, some really nice flowing passing moves involved three or four players (Pelupessy was key in a lot of those for the fans on here who love to slag him off), good attacking runs from him and he was involved further up the pitch.

Onomah wasn't brilliant but he wasn't terrible either, he was involved in a lot of the key moves of the first half and to take him off with the reasons Jos did is ludicrous and weak from him. Clearly Jos watched the first 10 minutes then fell asleep.

*if you want the match PM me.

22 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Was he taken off Injured or was this a tactical masterclass ?

Anything been mentioned because we looked solid enough and played some decent stuff but once Onomah was gone and cruncher Reach went to centre midfield it was all over .

22 hours ago, matt68owls said:

exactly the same happened at home to West Brom

It goes back to the managers decision Jos just hasn’t got a clue

4 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

It's worth watching the match* to see just how much his performance summed up your comment to a tee, first 10 minutes, really nervous, very poor passing giving the ball away on simple passes four or five times, didn't move around too much, then he grew into the game, some really nice flowing passing moves involved three or four players (Pelupessy was key in a lot of those for the fans on here who love to slag him off), good attacking runs from him and he was involved further up the pitch.

Onomah wasn't brilliant but he wasn't terrible either, he was involved in a lot of the key moves of the first half and to take him off with the reasons Jos did is ludicrous and weak from him. Clearly Jos watched the first 10 minutes then fell asleep.

*if you want the match PM me.

Watched it once already, that's way too much.

39 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Who do you suggest we play in midfield next Saturday given that the old guard are persona non grata, Bannan is banned, Joey tries but is not up to the level and the rest take a step back at the mere thought of a 50-50 challenge? 

Pelupessy is let down a lot by his midfield partners.

I'd play Hector, Pelupessy and Reach in a 3. With Reach more advanced.

8 hours ago, S35 said:

You don't criticise young players in public....EVER.

If they play badly you might give them the hairdryer treatment in the dressing room although it is better done in private but not in a press conference. All the young players need encouragement not being made a scapegoat.

I suspect we would have no chance of further loans of talented young players if Jos stays.

52 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Typical loan signing that needs to be played and most  importantly supported by the manager.

Our manager demonstrating a total lack of man management with both our loanees who we need to be  playing.

Listened to a discussion on Radio 5 yesterday afternoon between Mark Chapman, Nigel Reo-Corker and Spurs Acadamy Coach Bradley Allen. On subject of whether to send young players out on loan one of them stressed how important it is to pick the right club otherwise it could do them more harm than good. Apparently they look for a club that has similar footballing principals and structure with a positive environment  where the young player  can learn from coaches and senior pros. I guess we’ll not be seeing any more loanees from Spurs!

I've said for a while that Jos has had some unfair stick but his fuckingabout with the 2/3 central defenders, especially since the derby game and then those comments, no matter the anger/provocation, based on what I saw, do him zero favours in getting my further support.

Pelupessy and Onomah were doing very well after a nervous first 10/15 mins from Onomah - I too thought he was injured and Matias did go on to score but Reach might as well not play when in that position with those duties and even if Jos did think that he should have not said it out loud like he did.  Belltip.

• Like 1