Next SWFC Manager Ballotageddon mk3.1

Next SWFC Manager Ballotageddon mk3.1  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Mr C appoint as next SWFC Manager?

• Bruce
    • Holloway
    • Jokanovic
    • Megson
    • Keep Jos the Boss
    • Brexit - (None of the above)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/12/18 at 07:07

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Exactly. He could do have us playing good stuff. Or guff stuff. 

Similar with Jovanavic. ...it'd be interesting to see how his team would play here considering his history and the fact we have zero pace in the side.

I think we all need to accept its a lottery, sure some tickets have a better chance of winning than others but anything could happen. Hopefully, we can get things settled and on track behind the scenes and give whoever it is the best possible chance of success. 

Edited by Morepork

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I think we all need to accept its a lottery, sure some tickets have a better chance of winning than others but anything could happen. Hopefully, we can get things settled and on track behind the scenes and give whoever it is the best possible chance of success. 

Personally think that's possibly more key than who gets the hotseat. 

58 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

All about right man at right time.

Any of them could be right. 

It's all about luck, it really is. At this level anyway.

You can reduce the elements of chance with a solid infrastructure, good research of the subject matter and then allowing them to do what they are paid to.

:Chansiri:

The abililty of the heirarchy to learn from historical mistakes also helps.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Similar with Jovanavic. ...it'd be interesting to see how his team would play here considering his history and the fact we have zero pace in the side.

Of course, no guarantees, though I rate Jokanovic highly as a coach. As for having no pace in the side, you’d perhaps be surprised how much pace we had if we had a more forward thinking coach Players like Penney, Matias and Joao are pretty quick, certainly quicker than anything our neighbours have However, because they move the ball apace, and are always looking to get forward, they look a much more mobile side than us. It’s Jos’s sterile tactics that make us seem so pedestrian

Edited by gurujuan

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Of course, no guarantees, though I rate Jokanovic highly as a coach. As for having no pace in the side, you’d perhaps be surprised how much pace we had if we had a more forward thinking coach Players like Penney, Matias and Joao are pretty quick, certainly quicker than anything our neighbours have However, because the move the ball apace, and are always looking to get forward, they look a much more mobile side than us. It’s Jos’s sterile tactics that make us seem so pedestrian

Matias is the only one that really has anything near what I would consider genuine pace.  The fact they all want the ball to feet and don't seem to want to run into space the other way and get behind another.

Is that all tactical or natural drift. I'm not sure...

Even though we are top have with strikers I can see why they might be looking at the tranmere lad. Looks to get in behind and trust people to find him (mind..that'd another matter! )

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Brucey had a dream

To build a football team

And because we had no players we got some on loan.

We get it Forrad and Hack

With João in attack

We're Sheffield Wednesday

We're in our way back.

Other Cults are available to the Cult of Biggs

garymegson

HOW MANY FOOOKING TIMES MUST IT BE SAID!

THERE IS ONLY ONE CULT IN FOOTBALL. 

THE CULT OF MEGSON. 

garymegson

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Matias is the only one that really has anything near what I would consider genuine pace.  The fact they all want the ball to feet and don't seem to want to run into space the other way and get behind another.

Is that all tactical or natural drift. I'm not sure...

Even though we are top have with strikers I can see why they might be looking at the tranmere lad. Looks to get in behind and trust people to find him (mind..that'd another matter! )

Don’t think for one moment players like Forestieri want the ball in to his feet ( if he’s lucky ) If you watch him, he’s constantly frustrated, even pointing to where he wants the ball played Our sole attacking options seems to be, lump it up to Fletcher so he can tussle with the centre backs without ever getting it truly under control. None of our other front players are the sort of players who thrive on flick ons It’s pathetic 

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t think for one moment players like Forestieri want the ball in to his feet ( if he’s lucky ) If you watch him, he’s constantly frustrated, even pointing to where he wants the ball played Our sole attacking options seems to be, lump it up to Fletcher so he can tussle with the centre backs without ever getting it truly under control. None of our other front players are the sort of players who thrive on flick ons It’s pathetic 

Goes back to our odd striker signings. 

Much as I like him as a player the Hooper signing always struck me as an odd one. As did Fletcher ( who don't get me wrong has impressed me) but neither were , too my eyes at least the right type of striker for the way we were playing.  Something I know you and I both also agreed on re: Rhodes before we signed him.

Edit- don't know why this picture wouldn't show in text.

22489980_10156171648866111_1130924834876098647_n.jpg

Edited by Lord Snooty

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I've said it before, Holloway could turn Bannan into the new Charlie Adams. 

A Football Manager can only work with the tools he has available. No pun intended Almen Abdi

:carlos:

9 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I wouldn't say Matias is any faster than Joao or Forestieri.  

I think when he's played down the middle he's definitely the fastest we have. Certainly the one that looks to expose the space behind.

(Though that has been tempered by him playing midfield again this year- which has surprised me given the way Jos used him effectively in the cups as a striker last term.) 

Not saying the other two are slouches. Though Fernando looks faster than he is with the Scrappy doo running style! 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

It`s more disturbing that seven have voted for Megson. 

I'm disturbed that we have lost so many Cult of Megson members in Grenoside Woods due to the harsh weather conditions and doubles training sessions, that they are unable to vote this evening.

garymegson

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

https://www.football.london/reading-fc/slavisa-jokanovic-steve-bruce-out-15549524  Says here that Brucie's in no rush to get back into management, and may well wait until the summer.

We're obviously in poll position to lure Jokanovic to Hillsborough then?

"Royals were interested in former Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic, but the Serbian's wage demands were too high and he was not interested in the position."

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

We're obviously in poll position to lure Jokanovic to Hillsborough then?

"Royals were interested in former Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic, but the Serbian's wage demands were too high and he was not interested in the position."

Lol.

I think his wage demands will rule us out too.

I like his style of play, but you need good players to play it.

And we're supposed to be losing our best players.

It worked - his style I mean - at this level, but in the PL it fell flat because Fulham were up against teams with better players.

If we lose our best, then I'm not sure he's what we need.

We need a manager who can make the most of mediocrity.

We're bob these days, and likely to get bobber.