Next SWFC Manager Ballotageddon mk3.1

Next SWFC Manager Ballotageddon mk3.1  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Mr C appoint as next SWFC Manager?

• Bruce
    • Holloway
    • Jokanovic
    • Megson
    • Keep Jos the Boss
    • Brexit - (None of the above)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/12/18 at 07:07

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Bruce for me, is a bit of a wet blanket, personality wise When things are going wrong, and he has no money to spend, he’s clueless on how to change things Definitely not what we need in our situation

I think you're wrong about our situation. Another leftfield appointment or exciting up and coming manager is exactly what we don't need at present. We need stabilising and keeping in the division, build slowly with youngsters until we can go for it again. The time for exciting appointments and different approaches will come when we're much more stable but for now, much like Cardiff a couple of seasons ago, Chansiri needs to learn from his mistakes. Appoint a proven Championship level manager; ditch the advisers, allow the manager to do things their way and to get the fans back on side by re-thinking the prices and commercial side of things.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday
  • Like 1

My personal choice would be to give it to Lee Johnson at Bristol City. He’s done a great job there and they play some nice football. He talks well in front of the camera but can also be a passionate and animated character on the touch line - something we lack. He tends to turn a profit on players and ‘should’ be considered in my view rather than someone like Bruce or Jokanovic who’d want money and big players in - which has put us in the predicament we are in now.

For me it should be an appointment with one eye to the future considering the pickle we are currently in.

5 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I think you're wrong about our situation. Another leftfield appointment or exciting up and coming manager is exactly what we don't need at present. We need stabilising and keeping in the division, build slowly with youngsters until we can go for it again. The time for exciting appointments and different approaches will come when we're much more stable but for now, much like Cardiff a couple of seasons ago, Chansiri needs to learn from his mistakes. Appoint a proven Championship level manager; ditch the advisers, allow the manager to do things their way and to get the fans back on side by re-thinking the prices and commercial side of things.

Fair enough, it’s all about opinions. While it’s not scientific, I see both sides in the automatic slots, are managed by overseas coaches. Perhaps more appropriately, the bottom three clubs are all managed by British managers. In recent times, it’s been mainly sides managed by overseas coaches who have been promoted from this division, and almost entirely clubs managed by Brits that have made the drop. As I said, it’s not scientific, as good old Colin proved with Cardiff last year Generally, I’d say that the overseas coaches have more tactical awareness though (Jos apart) and are mainly responsible for the hike in quality we’ve seen in recent years. Really don’t want to see us get on that merry go round of boring old school British managers. The rest of what you’re saying, yes I agree with, but a foreign tactician can also build bridges with us fans

6 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

My personal choice would be to give it to Lee Johnson at Bristol City. He’s done a great job there and they play some nice football. He talks well in front of the camera but can also be a passionate and animated character on the touch line - something we lack. He tends to turn a profit on players and ‘should’ be considered in my view rather than someone like Bruce or Jokanovic who’d want money and big players in - which has put us in the predicament we are in now.

For me it should be an appointment with one eye to the future considering the pickle we are currently in.

We won't turn profit on players as our fans always build some crazy emotional attachment to our players that makes it hard for them to be sold when they are worth the most as Chansiri doesn't want to upset the fan base by selling players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Fair enough, it’s all about opinions. While it’s not scientific, I see both sides in the automatic slots, are managed by overseas coaches. Perhaps more appropriately, the bottom three clubs are all managed by British managers. In recent times, it’s been mainly sides managed by overseas coaches who have been promoted from this division, and almost entirely clubs managed by Brits that have made the drop. As I said, it’s not scientific, as good old Colin proved with Cardiff last year Generally, I’d say that the overseas coaches have more tactical awareness though (Jos apart) and are mainly responsible for the hike in quality we’ve seen in recent years. Really don’t want to see us get on that merry go round of boring old school British managers. The rest of what you’re saying, yes I agree with, but a foreign tactician can also build bridges with us fans

Having said all that, if this really is going to be viewed as a long term project, and obviously DC has to be on board with that, as well as the fan base, then possibly I could consider some young British manager, who has some experience of building on a tight budget We all should realise though, that sort of restructuring, will likely involve a relegation to the First Division In that division, then it might be worth letting someone like Paul Hirst have a go at the rebuilding job

Personally, I don’t think it’s yet come to that, and crave some inspirational tactician, who can turn around our fortunes with the players we have However, if DC is now taking the longer term view, then I’d be on board with that too