This statement from Chansiri....

2 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

Of course, I forgot that he's a self-made man....silly me.

Well, just as a point of fact and this is easily verifiable from information in the public domain:

Of the Thai Union Group, the Chansiri Family collectively own 19.93% of the shares. DC's brother Thirophong Chansiri owns 10.35%, DC's father Kraisorn Chansiri owns 4.84%. Outside of brother and father, the Chansiri's own 4.74%. It might come as a shock to many on here by DC's dad is not as influential in that business as folk seem to think. Indeed, DC's brother is far more influential in terms of ownership than his father.

On top of that, the whole Chansiri family made a huge cash windfall when the original family business went public. I doubt that DC's father even gives a second thought to Sheffield Wednesday. To him, it would just be something to do with football thousands of miles away.

I get it, the clubs a mess from top to bottom, we are in real, real danger of getting relegated this season should things not be turned around, we are a joke on the pitch, the fans are turning on the club and rightly so, i get the hurt and the worry, the anger, what i don't get is the personal stuff, the name calling, the "he should F**k off" comments, i don't get the endless lists of former players who "could do a job" who are all unemployed for a reason, Jos aint the answer, he never was and should have never ever been appointed in the first place, he was another one "signing on" for a reason, that's purely down to DC and whomever he has telling him what to do if what we hear and read on here and other places is to be believed regarding the paxo bloke and doyen, again "if" it is true since we have a fair share off crackpot tin foil loving conspiracy theorists logged onto here as well IMO.

It's a huge mess which is in danger of destroying our club and needs sorting NOW, starting with the dispatching of Jos back to a European country of his choosing..

I call it JOXIT....:biggrin:

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, steveger said:

Could have been so different if we had of won at Wembley, could have been so different if we had beaten Huddersfield, it was a huge gamble that never paid off, at least he put his money (and the fans money) where his mouth was and went for it, much,much more than anyone else has ever done at our club, he's not a bad man, far from it IMO, certainly doesn't deserve some of the abuse and cringe worthy personal attacks we see on social media and on here now and again.

The flip side is the guy needs to take a back seat and let the people he has hired to run the club do their jobs without interference and he has to hire someone with vast experience in the football world as a director of football or similar role top stop the huge vast waste of money on bad transfers that we have seen in the recent past, he has to stop micro managing the club and accept he needs help to turn this around before it really does go beyond repairing and losing season tickets in the process..

He has made many, many ,mistakes but it's not too late to admit it and start putting them right and winning the support back......

That's what I think anyway...:biggrin:

Excellent post. Great summary

7 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Personally,What's going on at the moment at S6 is all going to end in tears come May time. :duntmatter:

Sadly it's looking that way, i fully expect toytown to beat us with relative ease as they play together as a team and for their manager

Promble is on places like this and social media is there's always going to be certain posters that attempt to stir things up and attack the club no matter what, i aint saying the club doesn't deserve it at the moment, far from it , they most certainly do but some people need to try and at least be balanced about it instead of just howling at the moon and trolling...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

He also said if we didn’t want him here anymore he would go. 

It may be time for him to look for a buyer, that includes a bonus clause for him if we get promotion so he still achieves something out of the experience 

And the next bloke comes in, and can't spend any money because of FFP.

Plus, how many people do you think are queuing up to pay £40m for a failing second division football club when they can't make any significant investments to change the direction for another 18 months? All they can do is feed millions into covering our ongoing losses.

We have to face that Chansiri basically threw all the money at year one and year two, we failed to go up, and now nobody can spend any money at the club for a couple of years. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, southportdc said:

And the next bloke comes in, and can't spend any money because of FFP.

Plus, how many people do you think are queuing up to pay £40m for a failing second division football club when they can't make any significant investments to change the direction for another 18 months? All they can do is feed millions into covering our ongoing losses.

We have to face that Chansiri basically threw all the money at year one and year two, we failed to go up, and now nobody can spend any money at the club for a couple of years. 

Bang on, 100%......:biggrin:

Thing is...once we failed to go up in that second season, we were always set for a couple of lean years (on the spending side) due to Profit and Sustainability. 

We can go into the wrongs and rights of how the club approached things, but that's how it is. 

What isn't acceptable, is basically misleading fans and putting out statements like the OP and/or misleading questions to fans in club surveys. 

The club has made a huge rod for their own back and deserves all the criticism that is being leveled at them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Boyd....Westwood....Abdi....Jones....Lee.....Hooper......Winnall......

Ok. See what you mean now. For me the ones who are fit should be on the pitch. The mangers job is to get a tune out of them I.e. return on investment. 

The long term injuries are a problem but not sure what can be done (if we assume that they would rather be fit and playing) other than wait for their contracts to expire.